Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default New Jobs

Let's come up with new jobs that we think would be fun for the game. List some abilities you think it should have. Here's two I've been thinking would be cool:

Geomancer
    Weapon - Axe/Great Axe
    Traits/Abilities - Geomancers specialize in using the terrain to assist them in fighting, so I thought it would be cool if they had a different set of abilities for different fighting zones. They could range from attack to support depending on the zone. So maybe in the desert a GEO would have some sand based attacks that would blind and confuse the enemy, while in a cavern there would be some powerful cave-in attacks.
    Possible subjobs - /WAR seems like a safe bet, but maybe it would depend on the zone you were going to.
    2 hour ability - Global Influence, allows for geomancy from all areas to be used.
    Final thought - There would have to be some kind of limit to how many geomancy attacks you could use in an interval, a possible recast delay or even tying them to MP. I dunno.

Chemist
    Weapon - Dagger/Gun
    Traits/Abilities - Chemists specialize in using items, so they would get traits that would boost that ability. Possibly one set of traits that boost the potency of an item, and another set that lowers the consumption rate for an item. For example, a trait that gives you a 50% chance of keeping the item after you use it. That % could start out low and go up as you level. There could also be a set of unique items for CHM that could do various things, like elemental damage or whatever.
    Possible subjobs - Maybe /WHM or /BLM
    2 hour ability - Item Lore, allows for unlimited item (certain items) use for 30 seconds.
    Final thought - This job could get expensive, but it could act as an alternate healer or elemental DD. Maybe the chance of keeping the items might help, though I'm not sure because I don't ever buy healing items. If they're really expensive you could just boost up the keep item rate to like 75% or something.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

A Sage based on the Job from FF III would be nice. He could learn every spell and summon from the game and could use Staves and Rods

And his two hour ability can be Triple Cast

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    A Sage based on the Job from FF III would be nice. He could learn every spell and summon from the game and could use Staves and Rods

No. For the love of all that is good in the world no. T_T

Anywhos, on topic. >.>

I like the ideas you got for Geomancer and Chemist, Del. I always pictured Chemists to be like that, well minus the details you added. My main idea on em was just an item based healer/buffer. Geomancer looks nifty though. Hopefully SE will add em in, I've heard rumors there's a Geomancer NPC in the game already. >.>

I can't think of too many new jobs to add in that are FF like except maybe a Berserker (of course with control of it) and a dancer perhaps. But those have lot's of technical difficulties in making them work for an online MMO. >.>
    This space intentionally left blank.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't know what abilities Dancer could have, but man, give them a lot of pretty armor and you will almost gaurantee to double the female population in the game.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post

All the Summoners, Red Mages, Black Mages and White Mages at 75 would be ecstatic!

Anyway here's an idea I've always thought would be interesting.

Time Mage

They would probably have to implement a Time Magic skill for this one and then lower the Time Magic Skill of other mages, except of course the Time Mage. Time Magic effects how long the spell will last much like Enhancement and Enfeebling skill rolled into one.

Traits:
    Time Magic Bonus - Just a little boost early on so that Time Mages are able to make better use of Time Magic early on (Because the difference in Skills early on don't matter so much as they do later on)

Resist Gravity - Time Mage resisting Time Magic, makes sense to me.

Abilities
    Return (2 hour) - This ability returns the Time Mage to the exact location and state (Including exp gains and loses status effects HP and MP, but excluding Items Gil etc) 10 minutes in the past (If your character hasn't been a Time Mage for 10 minutes your character Returns to the state when he/she became a Time Mage)

Spells
    Haste, Haste II, Slow, Slow II, Reflect, Demi, Demi II, Gravity, Hastega, Slowga, Stop.

The Demi spells Reduce a percentage of HP from the opponent, depending on HP, mobs will have different resistances to this Spell.

Slowga and Hastega are pretty self explanatory, but I think Hastega should be a spell earned with Merits (To give Time Mages a nice place Endgame)

Reflect could be a short lasting Spell with a long cast and recast time (To prevent people beating magic using mobs too easily) that Reflects all Spells back at the caster.

Conclusion: Some of the stuff I added here would probably be difficult to implement, such as "Return" and maybe slicing up the magicks into a new catagory but I think it could be made to be a nice (By "nice" I mean not over-powered) Support/Enfeeble type job. It would be pretty helpfull as a Subjob too, for extra Time Magic/Time Magic skill.
    Last edited by ScottNUMBERS; 12-09-2006 at 08:38 PM.

I too have always wanted to see a Bezerker type class >.>
    any way here are two more

Druid
    Weapon: Staves, Swords, Daggers, Rod
    Traits/Abilities: I think it would be cool to have a character that could Morph into different mobs in the game. Yes Blu can learn the abilites but be able to morph into the mob would be a different lvl of play. Also having some of the lower white and black magic would help make this class more effective. Of course as you gain in lvl the more powerful the mob you could morph into.

2 Hour: I think the two hour again would be a morphing ablilty. Except you could morph into something uber powerful like a wyvern. Only catch is it would last only a short time

Next

Necromancer:
    Weapon: Axe, Sword, ect.
    Traits/ Abilities: Be able to call up the undead and use them for battle. How self explainatory is that. So this would be a job alternate to smn.
    2 Hour: Feirce Deity (spelling?) There was a spell in the old Baldurs Gate series that was named something like this that summoned a very powerful undead Monster. Basicly samething here but he dose not stick around like other summons it would only last like a min or so.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tax Accountant
    Weapon: The Pen is mightier than the sword
    Abilities:
    Audit: Clean out a beastman mob's bank account and distribute it amongst party members
    Scam: Lower all of a target mob's stats
    2-Hour Ability: Reposess. Still working on what this would actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I don't know what abilities Dancer could have, but man, give them a lot of pretty armor and you will almost gaurantee to double the female population in the game.

you mean alot of men playing as women!!!

But no, I always thought it would be neat to have the dancers have the EXACT same skills and stats as a bard; just make male characters bards, and Female characters dancers. That would be a neat idea to me.

But, wouldnt work; too many people would say SE was being schovinist. (spelling?)

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Illusionist
    Weapon: Staves, Rods.
    Traits:
    Corrupt Emulation Level 5, 30, 45, 60, 75.
    Damage Spark Delay = 480
    Damage Spark Delay with Corrupt Emulation I [Illusionist Lv5] 400
    Damage Spark Delay with Corrupt Emulation II [Illusionist Lv15] 380
    Damage Spark Delay with Corrupt Emulation III [Illusionist Lv30] 360
    Damage Spark Delay with Corrupt Emulation IV [Illusionist Lv45] 340
    Damage Spark Delay with Corrupt Emulation V [Illusionist Lv60] 320
    Damage Spark Delay with Corrupt Emulation VI [Illusionist Lv75] 300

Magic Corruption - 10 – Spells you cast will sometimes have half cost.

Max MP Boost - 15, 34, 54, 69. – Obviously a buff of MP.

Overwhelming Phantasm - 50, 70. – Overwhelming Phantasm happens at random times. But deals exceptional additional damage (same element as current Stream/s active) aside from elemental streaming.

Abilities:
    N/A … gimme like 293819283843292 seconds to make one…

2 Hour ability [Amplify Phantasm]: For duration. Phantasm Streaming deals Magic Bursts each hit.

I am writing up Abilities as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    Tax Accountant
    Weapon: The Pen is mightier than the sword
    Abilities:
    Audit: Clean out a beastman mob's bank account and distribute it amongst party members
    Scam: Lower all of a target mob's stats
    2-Hour Ability: Reposess. Still working on what this would actually do.
    XD that is the greatest idea for a job I've ever heard Bleys. I applaud you sir for such an unigue idea.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If there were a Pictomancer job, I would sacrifice my free time for the sole purpose of playing this game.

I bet there's already a job like that though. Is there anything similar?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancer!
    Abilities: Weapons of Mass Seduction - dancing, jiggling, getting down with one's bad self.
    Armor: Lots of prettiness and sparkles.
    2 Hour: Sh-sh-sh-shake it like a polaroid picture - involves plenty of hip and boobie shaking. Enemies fall down dead and the pure awesomeness of it all.

Job would only be available to hume females and mithra.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Dancer!

Job would only be available to hume females and mithra.
    You know you wanna see the Elvaan males in subligars, and Galkas dancing. Galka's could get good booby shakes with the size of thiers.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Default New Job Ideas-

Thought this thread should exist, this is for you to share your original ideas on new jobs you'd think would fit into FFXI well... Here are mine.

Name: Haven't really thought of one
    General Idea: This job starts out as a basic melee, no specific goodness in anything, just a general all rounder, can't learn any spells. When you get your first level, you get a set of points to manually distribute amongst your stats... In other words, you build yourself.
    This job will give you the ability to learn different spells and such depending on your stat distribution, your stat distribution will affect what weapons you're good with and etc. To make this job more unique, there will be unique abilities you learn depending on your stats. This also means some people will have different abilities to others, and will sometimes be unable to learn certain things, ever.
    I think this job would make an excellent support job for anything...
    2 hour ability: Enhance- Increases the power of everyone in the aoe partys job abilities for 1 minute. Resets 2hrs.

Name: Mimic
    General Idea: (similar idea to previously stated) This job involves using the 2hr "mimic", you can target monsters, wyverns, puppets and people with this, and gain all of their abilities. Mimic is only succesful if the person is within a +/- 1 level range however.
    This lasts untill you next use mimic, where your moveset is replaced with the new moves.
    You can permanently learn anything, by using it a certain amount of times. Learning a move takes away points, and when all your points are gone you can't permanently learn a move ever again (unless you merit new points or whatever). This is a similar idea to previous in the respect you sort of create your own job with it.
    2 hour: Mimic- Copies the targets abilities and magic, but does not copy stats or 2hr ability. Only works on equal level.
    jkhkjg

I thought it would be cool to have a beserker. Instead of war/nin being able to use double axes a war/bsk would have that ability and war/nin would be stuck to swords. 2hr would be beserk. kinda a mix of mighty strikes and Hundred fist.

more to come