Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
I like this idea, but I need more details and the 2-Hour is way too overpowered. Basically, why would someone use this class instead of using a class specialized toward a specific type of art, especially one that has passive skills and abilities that are easily defined?
This job learns unique abilities depending on what your stat distribution is like at certain levels, it acts mainly as a job specifically suited for being a subjob, for the job you desire.
I don't think the 2hr is overpowered when you consider the jobs limititations.
The main problem with this job is that creating specialized classes would be the same as normal jobs. A MND oriented class would basically be a WHM, for example. Creating a class with a mix of stats would make the class weak since a jack-of-all trades would make a horrible subjob, something this job is supposed to be geared towards. The idea is good, but a more in-depth explanation and some examples would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
Mimic is a 2-Hour ability and the only ability the MIM has. It seems like a smart idea since the MIM would gain the abilities of those it controls, but what happens if the MIM wants to change targets? It would take them 2-hours for the MIMs to utilize the only skill they have and possibly stay with a skill set they don't like or have the need for.
MIM can permanently learn any move if they use that move a certain number of times, learning the move takes away a certain amount of points so you can't overpower yourself. I said that already :P That way you can start to become less dependant on other peoples movesests, also, it would have some other unique job abilities that I thought of.

Example:

Manamic- Your max MP become exactly the same as the targets for a set period of time.

Staminamic- Your max HP becomes the same as the targets for a set period of time.
Quote Originally Posted by Odd Eye View Post
I wouldn't like the idea of a MIM actually learning others' abilities. I see a MIM as a character that could use the same ability that a fellow party member just used.

The main ability would obviously be mimic. Recast time ~2:00? Mimes an action by a selected party member within a 15 second window.

Say you're in a party: WAR, THF, RDM, WHM, BLM, MIM.

All other jobs take on normal roles. As MIM, you hit Mimic and a 15 second timer starts in the game. Inside the window made by the timer, the game tracks all abilities by party members. You have 15 seconds to select a character in your party or the ability is voided. By selecting a character, you immediately begin the last action the character triggered and on the same target assuming the target is in range and all that good stuff.

WHM last cast curaga on himself. The mime then casts curaga on the WHM. WAR last used Raging Axe weapon skill. The mime then uses Raging Axe on the same mob if in range. THF last used Steal. Mime uses Steal on the same mob if in range. BLM last used... you get the idea.

Needless to say, it would probably be most used for WS and powerful spells but there would be a ton of possibilities. I don't think any self-targeting abilities should work, though (Sneak Attack, Berserk, etc.). 2 Hours should definitely not be included in the mimicable abilities, either. It would be complicated but it would keep you on your toes.
Odd Eye basically said what I was going to say. I also like his/her idea for the MIM class. It is a pretty good version of previous MIMs for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm View Post
Based on new FFV:A classes :

Gladiator--A master of weaponry, but dumb as a brick.
Role: High DD melee
Weapons: Any (possible exclusions need apply)

Many skills would me similar to WAR. No Provoke.
Critical Strike: Cooldown 2 mins.
Critical strike has a 50% chance to deal quadruple damage to an enemy, but a 50% chance to confuse the user if it misses (net 25% chance of confusion).

2 Hour: Finishing Strike--The Gladiator uses an extremely powerful series of melee attacks each with a chance to put the target to sleep.
Oracle:

Skills:
Read Ahead:
The Oracle makes a list pop up that is viewable to all party members of any abilities that the targeted mob is preparing to use.
Premonition:
The Oracle prays for an attack. The longer the prayer, the more likely it is to succeed.

2 Hour: Tarot--The Oracle pulls a random Tarot card which causes very beneficial effects to the party, or very negative effects to the monster(s).

Also: Gambler:
Weapons: Dice--roll for semi-random damage calculated based on the power of the dice and the number rolled.

Skills:
Pick a card:
The gambler pulls a card out of the deck, higher cards do higher damage, face cards have chances for status effects.

Gil Toss:
The Gambler throws gil at the opponent.

2 Hour:
Slots--Slots have a huge assortment of randomness, ranging from Joker Doom (kills user and mob) to Lucky 7's.
These classes are horrible versions of their counterparts in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNUMBERS View Post
Your TMG is really limted when it comes to skills.
I didn't write all the ideas in my head, just a few. I mean if I was to write out everything, it would include stats, alot more Spells, Weapons Skills available for Time Mage use, Weapons, the list goes on. I just wanted to convey the concept really. I do agree if this was to be included in the game a lot more Spells/Abilities would need to be added.
That's understandable.

Return is a pretty crappy 2 hour; the main problem with it, being that it only works on the TMG, which really can't do much in the way of support.
Maybe so, but it could do wonders in the way of gaining back exp from death. Combined with /WHM you could Return back after Death and Raise the party after Lv50. Who needs support when you can do awesome stuff like that?
So the only way for Return to be useful is when the entire party dies? In any other situation, Return would lower the TMG's current EXP (had it obtained any) for similar stats to what it had 10 minutes ago. Since this is an online game, keeping track of time is difficult, so the TMG could return to a state when it had low HP and MP or a negative status on it.

Also, how does Demi work? If it deals damage by percent, it would be way too overpowered.
Certain enemies are immune to Demi, generally bosses with vast amounts of HP.
Quote Originally Posted by Odd Eye View Post
Certain enemies are immune to Demi, generally bosses with vast amounts of HP.
Maybe you could also use a skill like Dark Magic to influence how much percentage is taken off. That way, low level players' skills are capped and they can't waltz up to something and drill it for 500 damage.
That's a good idea for Demi, Odd Eye, but with a maxed Dark Magic skill (or possibly Time Magic) Demi would be taking a decent amount of HP from enemies, which would make it too overpowered. MP cost as well as casting time and delay time should be considered to make Demi more balanced.