Thread: Absolute Virtue @ Fenrir

Default Absolute Virtue @ Fenrir

Currently gathering several HNM LSs from across our server to give him a run for his money. Got Torque, Halberd and Novia from JoL btw.

I'll try to keep updated for anyone that cares... it might be a long night.

Cool. Good luck on him. Man I remember back when he was still the impossible to beat HNM.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Nobody (across all servers) have managed to beat him since the last major update in November. Hopefully we have some decent luck.

Currently we have him chillin in front of the palace and we're getting our strategy together.

A ton of people were here for a while, but most of the specators left. Most of the people left are people planning to fight.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Goodluck yearg!

And omg, that taru next to you in pirate gear is sooooooo cute. I want to eat him/her.

Eh well I'm not much into the HNM's yet, mostly due to no one wants a 70 PLD even on the wussy mobs.

But wait what was in the last update to make him harder to beat? I can't recall what all was in the last one.
    This space intentionally left blank.

It's never anything that they actually mention... but after almost every maintenance they seem to have removed a method that people have found for beating him.

People used to be able to lock his 2hrs and crazy nukes by simultanouesly killing sets of wynavs. However, since the last update, nobody has been able to pull it off again. They kill wyvnavs simultaneously but it never does them any good and AV rapes them.

Update: Our group tried to 'lock' AV by using the Goblin Footprint glitch. I knew it was a bad idea and the guy doig it got jailed for a little while and was told to desist.

Currently we're just sac pulling with level 1 jobs, while trying to take out gruops of wynavs.

Good luck on it Yearg. Hope you kill the bastard!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Good luck! =D

Well, it seems that AV is still broken. The current theory is that by killing sets of wynavs simultaneously (perhaps with the corresponding element of the day) you can lock AV's 2hrs and abilities.

While SE told us how to lock his Regen, that does us no good. Regardless of his regen, if he has the ability to Benediction, you'll never be able to kill him. Additionally, if he has all of his magic abilities you'll never be able to even fight him.

So we killed a set of wynavs simultaneously the way that others have, which seemed to work (until the November update). However, unlike most groups that had 10+ sets of wynavs spawn, AV didn't call forth another set of wynavs.

This has happened to a group before. They managed to lock AVs 2hrs by killing wynavs, but eventually AV stopped summoning and still had his abilities. This left them with no method of trying to lock his abilities. This left them (and us) unable to fight him.

So for a little synopsis. After waiting a while for a second set of wynav spawns and realizing they weren't gonna happen, we tried to fight AV. About 2 minutes into fighting him, he used Manafont -> Meteor.

Someone without filters counted the deaths. There were 48 deaths instantaneously. Everyone within a very large range of AV died. There is absolutely no way to survive this. So if he's left unlocked, he's unfightable.

After this, we decided we had to call it a night. I wish SE would throw us a bone, or at least stop 'fixing' AV every tim someone figures out how to fight him.

Go with God my friend

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Good Luck.

:]

*Kurodoberi attempts to cast Protect on Yearg... but someone else decides to mock Kuro and re-buff him with Protect some higher number*

good luck :]

Wacth out for metor x.o it sucks big ; ; 3k Damage and its AoE

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    About 2 minutes into fighting him, he used Manafont -> Meteor.

Someone without filters counted the deaths. There were 48 deaths instantaneously. Everyone within a very large range of AV died.
    Owned? I cant wait till I get to fight this guy. I know ill die too but so what. Its about the fun of fighting an insanely powerful creature, win or lose!

Anyways, Id say good luck but I missed this thread when it started and youve already been destroyed. So, hope you guys have better luck next time.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

For some reason, I don't think luck will be the deciding factor in this fight ;).
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?