Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, I just realized this...

Default Wow, I just realized this...

[spoilers]Was I the only person who just realized that Venat is looming over Gabranth's soldier in the logo? I always just thought it was a random smurge of art.[/spoilers]http://www.just-rpg.com/upload/pics/dir23/12logo.jpg
    Last edited by abrojtm; 12-11-2006 at 09:27 AM.
    Sigless

Sounds to me like you're beginning to realize how that team of evil men works.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

You couild very well be right, but I thoufht it was just a cool-looking brush stroke.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yeah, I think you're reading too much into it. I can just imagine Amano filling in the details on Gabranth, then slapping down that huge stroke as his finishing touch, as if to say, "All right, guys--ultimate Final Fantasy game, ultimate Final Fantasy logo. Seriously, you can call it quits after this one."

how is it him?i dont see the resemblence.i just see a really cool brush stroke.
    (SPOILER)waha made you highlight

I still don't understand why they even chose Gabranth as the logo.

It's like if they would have made Zack the logo of FFVII.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

That would have been just fine, actually.

I don't understand why they made Kain the logo for FFIV, but there it is. Bastard kick ass dragoon, ditching me and leaving me with THOSE losers...

Maybe it's just a brush stroke, but this group tends to place symbolism into everything they can, even more so than the other Square teams. I'm still getting a feel for how XII is based... Tactics felt more or less like the rise of the Roman Empire, Vagrant Story felt like the Spanish Inquisition, and Tactics Advance felt like a Grimm's Brothers faerie tale gone horribly wrong-less violence, but much more dark.

So FFXII... FFXII sort've has a battle for the 'new world' thing going on, but it's much too early for me to say. It's still likely that there's more to that logo than simply Gabranth and ink slash down the background. If it weren't Amano, I'd say that they just digitally layered the slash in after having done the picture of Gabranth... but since Amano is a painter, he would've placed that slash in first, and it's very counter-intuitive to place an abstract thingy in the background first. I'm not saying he couldn't have practiced it, thought it needed something more, had a stroke of genius, and redid the pic one last time, but an element like that is either planned or a 'happy accident'.

It's a bit easier to see the details when it's in black and white-- it's pretty clear that its not just a random stroke.

Sigless

This thread delivers.

I am going with abrojtm because the logo is cooler that way, and because I want to believe something about the FFXII plot was thought out.

now that you've mentioned it..it does look like (SPOILER)the Venat in a way.

I think they put gabranth there because (SPOILER)he was the one that killed King Raminas, he destroyed their home, he failed to protect so many things, and he killed Reks. So he's basically the cause of the union of the main party members.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There may be another reason to having Gabranth on the cover, and it has to do with the ending of the game. Gabranth get's quite a bit of growth towards the end and their is an interesting plot twist in the ending...

As for it being (SPOILER)Venat, I wouldn't put it pass this team.

Tactics felt more or less like the rise of the Roman Empire, Vagrant Story felt like the Spanish Inquisition, and Tactics Advance felt like a Grimm's Brothers faerie tale gone horribly wrong-less violence, but much more dark.

So FFXII... FFXII sort've has a battle for the 'new world' thing going on, but it's much too early for me to say.
    If I was going to base FFXII on an era of history, I would say it was like Alexander the Great's campaign to conquer Persia. But the New World idea works as well.

It REALLY looks like a face in profile on the dark title screen. I mean like, eerily and strikingly like a face.

The logo on white doesn't give the impression even half as much.

Blog Entries

Huh. Weird...Until now, I always thought it was a streak of blood.

That's better, actually. I'll keep wth your idea then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    There may be another reason to having Gabranth on the cover, and it has to do with the ending of the game. Gabranth get's quite a bit of growth towards the end and their is an interesting plot twist in the ending...
    I love FFXII apologists