Thread: where is this 'final dungeon'...where you get the 'counter' materia

where is this 'final dungeon'...where you get the 'counter' materia

i read on this site you can get the 'counter' materia from the 'final dungeon', but after searching all of their walkthroughs, i can't find this place in it at all

EDIT: I'm guessing it's somewhere in the northern crater
    Last edited by .:kerrod:.; 12-11-2006 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Needed to add something without making an extra post

haha, thanks, but where actually is that? it looks to me like a shallow 'temple of the ancients' remains

It's in the Northern Cave. The third screen on the left-upper path, I believe.

yay, thank you

hahaha, no, go away jonathan :P

well, ive got nothiung else to do. (takes pill, tires rope around neck, jumps off chair)

You know you can get a counter from the Mt Nibel Boss and 2 from Chocobo Square, so if you go to Mideel and train, then you can have 3 mastered counters before you set foot in Northern Crater.
    I AM MasterX! I am the man who respects himself FAR more than others. I am the person to question when someone is constantly forced to commit crimes. I am the bastard that allows forum law-breaking to occur in front of his very nose.

I am what I am.

That's CounterAttack, MasterX. There's only one Counter materia, and that's in the Northern Cave.

Explain what Counter is. I KNOW you get it from Chocobo Racing. That I'm sure of, but please tell me the difference.
    I AM MasterX! I am the man who respects himself FAR more than others. I am the person to question when someone is constantly forced to commit crimes. I am the bastard that allows forum law-breaking to occur in front of his very nose.

I am what I am.

with counter attack your character just attacks when attacked, whereas you pair 'counter' with a command materia, and you character counters with the paired materia instead of just attacking

CounterAttack (purple): respond with a single physical attack when damage is incurred

Counter (blue): respond with the paired Command (yellow) materia when damage is incurred

Magic Counter (blue): respond with the paired Magic (green) or Summon (red) materia when damage is incurred

The Chocobo Square displays the prize as Counter, but it's really CounterAttack.