Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I enjoy TOS, TNG and Voyager a lot. I'd say avoid Enterprise if you can, it really lost something in the translation (and not just Warp six and above). I've never actually seen a full DS9 episode, there's something about it that seems too...deep for me. I like my Star Trek morally one way or the other and obvious in it's references.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

TNG obviously wins. Yeah, Voyager was crappy, but I watch it just for the Doctor. I mean seriously, he is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Aeris View Post
    TNG obviously wins. Yeah, Voyager was crappy, but I watch it just for the Doctor. I mean seriously, he is awesome.
    Yeah, the Doctor is much love. He's the main reason I watched Voyager. Well, him and the Borg. Anything involving Borg = <3 in my book.
    lol signature

I love Star Trek: TNG. I think a lot of people criticise it because it's very goody-goody. There aren't any particularly flawed characters, and only on rare occassions does it get dark. Usually I dislike that, but I love it in TNG. It's got this wholly positive view of the future and humanity. Even the darker episodes (like 'The Lower Decks') are hopeful.

It's got great characters as well. Data's character progression throughout the series is a joy. Picard gradually moves away from all-out diplomacy, particularly after his encounter with the Borg. La Forge is the nicest guy ever, and so enthusiastic.

I just get absorbed in it.

The Wrath of Kahn was the best ever as far as Star Trek movies go.

Jean Luc Picard is one of my favorite fictional characters, and Patrick Stewart is my all-time favorite actor.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural."

--Chancellor Palpatine

Final Fantasy VIII: The Lionheart. Book one of my novelization.

"Being a hero is not what will save you, Squall Leonhart. You are searching for the wrong treasure."

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

My roommate and I always have this disscussion about which Star Trek series is our favorites, we are big Trekkies. I personally like TNG, because I grew up watching that, as the series started in 1987, and I was all of three years old. I literally grew up watching it.

I like it enough that I own STV Eliet Force, Eliet force 2, and Brige Comander. Honestly ppl dont give these games enough credit just because of the refrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Yu-Yevon View Post
    I like it enough that I own STV Eliet Force, Eliet force 2, and Brige Comander. Honestly ppl dont give these games enough credit just because of the refrence.
    Bridge Commander is a sweet game, one of my favourites possibly. I've not really tried the Elite Force's cos they're first person shooters and I generally don't like fps games. The two Armada games are fun too I find...

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn!

What I meant by Voyager being dumbed down was in relation to the characters and actual storylines; whilst you're right that they actually upped the technobabble, they ditched any actual overtures towards something deeper than popcorn television. Technobabble just excused bad Deus ex Machina. As for the Borg, just like in Enterprise, they were solely written in to try and save the series from going kaput. Whilst it managed to prolong Voyager's life for a good few series, it did next to nothing for Enterprise, especially since fans were still narked over Voyager.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spatvark View Post
    Technobabble just excused bad Deus ex Machina.
    Exactly. What made TNG and TOS good is that every episode presented a new philosophical thought or complex political relations. Voyager was often just another TV-series revolving around its characters rather than intelligent plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Burtsplurt View Post
    It's got great characters as well. Data's character progression throughout the series is a joy.
    I just love scanning for life forms! Life forms! You pretty little life forms! You precious little life forms! Where! Are! You!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Aeris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtsplurt View Post
    It's got great characters as well. Data's character progression throughout the series is a joy.
    I just love scanning for life forms! Life forms! You pretty little life forms! You precious little life forms! Where! Are! You!
    lol! That was the second best part of Generations imo. The best was at the start with the TOS leftovers on the Enterprise B.

Default Ahh!

TNG is indeed the best series! Episodes with Data/Geordi in them always make me the happiest, while episodes with Troi are often annoying.

TNG is considered by many to be the golden age of Star Trek!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Star Trek is fun, but let's not make like it's really thoughtful incisive sci-fi here. You want that, you need to look for some other stuff; Babylon 5, Space: Above and Beyond, the new Battlestar Galactica. They all pwnz Star Trek.

Not to say Star Trek is bad, it isn't, it's lots of fun. But it's just not what everyone makes it out to be.

TNG.

The best one was when they all became Robin Hood characters.

I loved Babylon 5, but TNG is it for Sci Fi.