Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: w00t!

Ah, this is about all those black screens with dialogue on them in the run up to the final FMV. I never realised they were from him... Mind you, I thought they were from Zidane and thinking now, that makes no sense whatsoever...

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Congratulations for beating the game. Hope you had a lot of fun playing it. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1 View Post
    I didn't want to play it at first, because I thought everyone looked too cartoony, but then I said to myself, "just grow up and play the stupid game!" and I beat it.

yay for me.
    Good for you, that's one thing some people just can't say to themselves, and they just refuse to give the game a chance because of the cartoony graphics. So how did you like the game?
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

OH, I totally forgot I made this thread!

I loved the game, and by the time I got around to playing it I didn't care about graphics anymore, and I loved them anyway.

I didn't get to do sidequests and stuff because I borrowed the game from a friend of mine and I was taking too long to play it anyway. I'm going to buy it if I don't find it in a shoebox this Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco View Post
    I put a spoiler.
    This is one of those 'you don't quite know me well enough to know what I meant' things.

The end is upsetting to me somewhat, but it was beautiful. I was joking that you'd give away something that, at this point, someone vaguely interested in the game may have come across on accident. Not everyone has these nifty 'spoiler' tags. If you've been reading forums for a while, you know that very well. In fact, I've considered it to be good practice not to visit forums when I don't want plot twists and endings ruined.

FFIX is the best FF to stick closely to the FF formula since FFVI.

I honestly wonder why so many people have irrational hate for this game... Then again, I wonder if those same people hate it because they played it. FFIX confronts very difficult things, and I would not be surprised if some of the haters saw the main characters confronting similar things they faced in their lives, and they saw themselves reflected in that character-and the reflection was an ugly one.

Unlike most games, FFIX speaks on a deeper level then the words and events of the story. The theme of FFIX is basically the meaning of life, and some people are ill prepared to handle that sort of subject material, especially when the situations that the characters face are all too real for being in a fantasy.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

Congrats! Necron was hard! Everybody admit it! My characters are in their late 60's and lower 70's and Necron is still hard.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarCotoron View Post
    I put a spoiler.
    This is one of those 'you don't quite know me well enough to know what I meant' things.

The end is upsetting to me somewhat, but it was beautiful. I was joking that you'd give away something that, at this point, someone vaguely interested in the game may have come across on accident. Not everyone has these nifty 'spoiler' tags. If you've been reading forums for a while, you know that very well. In fact, I've considered it to be good practice not to visit forums when I don't want plot twists and endings ruined.

I honestly wonder why so many people have irrational hate for this game... Then again, I wonder if those same people hate it because they played it. FFIX confronts very difficult things, and I would not be surprised if some of the haters saw the main characters confronting similar things they faced in their lives, and they saw themselves reflected in that character-and the reflection was an ugly one.

Unlike most games, FFIX speaks on a deeper level then the words and events of the story. The theme of FFIX is basically the meaning of life, and some people are ill prepared to handle that sort of subject material, especially when the situations that the characters face are all too real for being in a fantasy.
    You make a good point, but i would have to disagree simply because many of the IX haters are the Sephi fanboys and already have their minds made up that nothing can be as good as VII. Not to mention there is a TON of hating on Kuja because people arent comfortable enough in their sexuality to not be offended by kuja's choice of clothing. I personally thought Kuja was a fantastic villian, looks as well as character. He's not just the static one-sided villian such as Sephiroth, Kuja's he's sophisticated, cunning, and it develops as the story progresses. Sephi just had a big sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Congrats! Necron was hard! Everybody admit it! My characters are in their late 60's and lower 70's and Necron is still hard.
    Um....wow O_O No....thats...wow, sorry but that's sad. You must not have learned many of the immunity abilities, cuz that guy can be taken down when the party is in its 50's.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I put a spoiler.

I've been to forums for awhile but I still insist on (usually) remembering to put up spoiler tags, or write in big letters SPOILER! To me that is common courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulRonin View Post
    I put a spoiler.

You make a good point, but i would have to disagree simply because many of the IX haters are the Sephi fanboys and already have their minds made up that nothing can be as good as VII. Not to mention there is a TON of hating on Kuja because people arent comfortable enough in their sexuality to not be offended by kuja's choice of clothing. I personally thought Kuja was a fantastic villian, looks as well as character. He's not just the static one-sided villian such as Sephiroth, Kuja's he's sophisticated, cunning, and it develops as the story progresses. Sephi just had a big sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Um....wow O_O No....thats...wow, sorry but that's sad. You must not have learned many of the immunity abilities, cuz that guy can be taken down when the party is in its 50's.
    I have more now, I'm in the 70's now and I have more abilities so, maybe I'm wrong...maybe.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulRonin View Post

I agree with both of you. Most FFIX haters I've met basically didn't care for it cause of graphics and because they held too tightly to the belief that FFVII,VIII, and even X are better overall and nothing will ever beat them. Lately though, these people have become a little more open to things and I'm seeing less bashing than I did when it first came out.

I never understood why people didn't like Kuja, his outfit isn't that bad and Sephiroth is just as feminine looking, he always looked like a male Aerith to me. But Kuja's motives and persona were so well developed. You really hated him but later learned to understand him because of his past. He only wanted to be free...

I have met a few people who get somewhat ancy about the plot. Some never bothered to really understand it and some were somewhat weirded out by it. The whole ordeal with Vivi trying to discover his purpose just threw people off. Hell, when I explain my view of FFIX's theme and how it's explored, I get blank stares and "Wow, that's pretty deep" or I get people who fight me over it.

For those interested in my viewpoint of FFIX's theme http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthrea...t=97861&page=2

I've been to forums for awhile but I still insist on (usually) remembering to put up spoiler tags, or write in big letters SPOILER! To me that is common courtesy.
    Cool. I always try to be ambiguous... except with FFVII. I really don't believe there's anything to be given away to anyone about that game anymore.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

i just Youtubed the FF9 ending movie.. where does it have a letter about what happened to vivi?

the themes you pointed out are very good
    finished: ff3ds, ff4,ff5, ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10,ff tactics and advance

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I put a spoiler.

Yeah, I don't visit FF sections of EoFF where I haven't beat the game :P I stopped doin that when I ignored the spoiler warnings in the FFVII FAQ and (SPOILER)spoiled Aeris' death for myself.

Anyways, even so if I saw "w00t! I beat the game" spoilers are guranteed, so in threads like these I don't put spoiler tags for that game because there are just too many x.x

But, as you can see, I put a spoiler tag for the FFVII spoiler.

Warning of spoilers

For those still wondering if Vivi dies, this has evidence for it - in Part 4. (Click on Plot Analysis)
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197338.html

So how far after the part where Zidane and Kuja are trapped to when he shows up at the castle at the play?

Cuz for one they never really say that hey Vivi you ARE going to die.. Yes they say he eventually will die but we all will.. Yes he did have a longer life span than the others cuz he was the prototype but they never clearlly said that he will die soon.

Plus the fact of these "sons" Vivi was 9 years old.... how could he be having sons. Even the fact that yeah he has sons means hes not dead.. Sure he'll die eventually but we don't know that for sure.

There isn't any hard evidence that hes dead and no hard evidence that hes alive.