Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of us living in the old.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default For those of us living in the old.

Gamecube Twilight Princess is in stores today at very limited quantities. I'm heading to Toys R' Us after work and attempting to secure a copy.

Anyone else going to make an attempt to hunt one down?

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Had I not sold my Gamecube, I would be.

Instead, I shall steal the Gamecube back... temporarily... maybe.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I am going to buy it from circuit city because it is on sale for 37.99 and my circuit city sucks so I know they will have it

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I'm ignoring the GCN version completely.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

If the GameCube version had 16x9 support, I would have preordered it months ago and would be playing it right now instead of studying for finals. But it doesn't, so instead I sit here, suffering in silence, until I can justify spending about 350 dollars on a Wii. And that probably won't happen until Smash Bros. comes out.

After playing on the wii, theres no way I will have the will power to play it on the gamecube...it just wouldn't be the same game.
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

You better believe I'm getting this version.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Phantom View Post
    After playing on the wii, theres no way I will have the will power to play it on the gamecube...it just wouldn't be the same game.
    That's part of the beauty of it. Yeah, the Wii version is a port of the same game. But the way you play them is quite different, and the orientation of everything is completely flipped around, it will feel like you never played it before. Nevermind the story bits

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What's this limited quantities you speak of? Don't tell me Nintendo actually decided to limit the number they would release?

If that's the case, then unless I can track down a copy, I may never bother with the game. If I can get my hands on it for the Cube then I will, but I have no plans to buy a Wii now, nor in the forseeable future (by that I mean ever as far as it stands now).

Yeah, are the versions different?? For the Wii I heard you can use the remote and slash it like a sword, but you can't do that on the Gamecube. What's the point and making it for both??? They should have just made it for one or the other..
    If I were a Final Fantasy Boss, I would be named something cool like Super-Ultra-Foxtrot-Omega Weapon or something cool like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild0ne View Post
    Yeah, are the versions different?? For the Wii I heard you can use the remote and slash it like a sword, but you can't do that on the Gamecube. What's the point and making it for both??? They should have just made it for one or the other..
    $

Is there any difference story wise, not really money wise....It just makes as much sense as making a game for both 360 and XBOX, when the one just has better graphics and costs more.. Are there any other differences?? Maybe the Wii version gives you a reason to buy other than accidently flinging your remote at your dog knocking out a window or something..
    If I were a Final Fantasy Boss, I would be named something cool like Super-Ultra-Foxtrot-Omega Weapon or something cool like that...

JKTrix pointed it out above, and from what I've read it's true...

Nintendo decided to mirror the Wii version of the game because they blundered by not considering that the majority of players would be swinging the wiimote/sword with their right hand. They initially had Link left-handed, and that's how he is in the GC version. Apparently flipping the entire game for the Wii was easier than just flipping Link(?!?!?!)...so yeah, the left and right sides of the screen are reversed in the two versions. Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Iso instead I sit here, suffering in silence, until I can justify spending about 350 dollars on a Wii. And that probably won't happen until Smash Bros. comes out.
    The exact plan I have. And probably at that time I'll get Starlight Princess and the rest of the "good" games that are out there at the time.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

It seems that my circuit ty sold out in like 5 minutes but I did manage to order 2 copies online(one is a present) for the same price as they had it in the store.