Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your first Internet memories

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Your first Internet memories

What are your memories of the first times you ever got to use the internet (keep it clean please! ;)), and what did you first use it for?

I remember the first time I ever used it was at my brother's house, and I'd found this ad for a chat room in some teen girly magazine. TeenChat it was called actually XD I really wanted to go on and the first time I chatted on there, just saying hi, and asl, I thought it was AMAZING. I didn't want to leave.

Then when I got the net myself, I had dial up, and I had to save up to use it, so I'd save pennies in a bottle, then when I had like 60p I'd go on the net for an hour. ^_^ I was really into Dawsons Creek when I got my own internet, so I'd go on the site and download songs, intros and wallpapers and stuff. All that real media player stuff. Weird how much I appreciated it cos I didn't get much time on it but...same with everything in life I guess!
    rawr

Omg, this was a long time ago. I think when I was about 12 (back in 1997, my dad had gotten AOL and I used to chat in the Nick-o-lo-deon AOL chat and since I was younger my screen name was smily (suppose to be smile-y) because I didn't know how to spell. xD And then when I was 14 I went over to this iSafe chat in which I was made a JrChatMod because you had to be atleast 18 to be a Mod and actually get to do the banning and such. I just got to tell people to be nice to each other and what not.
    Then at 15 I went over to MSN chats before they were subscripts, then they became subscripts, so I went to msngroups, then I bought a subscript and then they stopped msn chat. u u;

Creepy thing is, The chat I go to now, other than #eoff has like... 4 people that I knew from when I was 15. It's a small internet world after all.

Looking up the official Oasis website .

We had dial up as well, so getting on the internet used to be a major investment of time, plus my parents we always picking up the phone when I was on .

It was a fun time, though.

Oh man, such a while ago! but I think my first experience with the internet was when I accidentally clicked onto a nude site, and stayed their for half an hour before hurryingly clicking off. Good times!

We first got it (AOL Dial up) when I was about 13 or 14. I only ever used to look up stuff on startrek.com and rarely gamefaq's and even more rarely stuff for school .

I think the first time I came on the internet, I was looking for a cool Pokemon website.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Going to Simpsons' fan sites and downloading audio clips; back in 1995-6 on my 28kbps.

casual mind slip

I was the opposite of Reno is my Man and hated the pokemon trend and first came online to discuss my distaste for it. I went into a pokemon chatroom xD and started insulting it, then I ended up making friends. I'm not really sure how that happened, but a lot of people were my age so I got along great. And then I met this guy that I really liked and we dated online or something. Then my friend Allison came and he was like, she's a lot prettier, I'm going to date her instead. And that was kind of it. I was an interesting 10 year old.

I first had internet when I was 17, stupid times, I mainly used it to get as much FF pics and songs as I could. XD
    I first had a dail up modem that was costing just a little of my wages, then got another dial up modem which was costing about 1$ pare hour. Now, I have a 24 hours wireless internet which cost 50$ pare month, alot better.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Our internet was very, very, VERY slow when we first got it, but I remember finding a cool picture of Squall that I used as a background. I also remember looking at some disney websites.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I can't remember. I'm assuming it was in 1997 or so. (would have made me about 14 or 15.) I remember my first IM convo, it was on ICQ and I chatted with my cousin for a bit. And I got my first Hotmail account in 1997, I believe.

In 1998 I started frequenting Redwall roleplaying InsideTheWeb message boards and trolling *cough* I mean, uh, roleplaying on them. I also had an old Geocities page, I believe it was OMG BETS DRAGON BALL Z SITE EVAR BUT UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!11 or something. *shudders*

And once I looked up how to get all the heart pieces and skulltulas in Zelda: OoT.

That's really all I can remember. My internet usage was very sporadic until about recently. I missed out on most of the Intarweb between about 1999 and 2004 or so.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Um... I must have been about 10. I used to go on Neopets and a The Sims forum, I used to love it. xD

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I think i was looking for hentai and anime stuff, that was way back in 1998/97..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

AOL Final Fantasy VIII chat. Good times those were.

Blog Entries

We got AOL back in the day and I played loads of starcraft.
    and I ran a black market pokemon card scheme. It rocked.