Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A small idea, a BIG change. (PLEASE SQUARE!!)

Articles
    Blog Entries

But in Modern and Sci-Fi FF's, I don't think they would wear chain mail and use shields. Still, maybe clothing designs?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Timerk View Post
    People make too big a deal of how Vaan and Tidus look, I mean, does someone have to wear all black and act like a jerk all the time to be considered a real man. There was never one instance where I didn't know either Tidus or Vaan were male, so I don't see all the fuss.

One of my big problems in X was how the character models looked so different in FMV than in gameplay mode. I don't care what ethnicity they want to make the characters, but just be consistent.
    That was sorta've the point I was trying to make, I really don't care about how androgenous my male characters look. Sorry if the Vaan reference went too far:laughing:

Besides, I love Amano's artwork and if they were to do a faithful creation of his artwork, most people would be unable to know who was male or female.

And I agree on your point about the doom and gloom males as well, I mean, not every guy has to wear a trench coat and look depressed, to be considered masculine.

Back on topic...

I could really care less if Squenix did it or not. I guess it would be nice to finally put some real clothes on my female party members. Unless they decided to make every piece of armor different for each character a la FFX-2, then it might be a rather nice game mechanic.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Young Kefka View Post
    Wow, people are getting really defensive eh?
    Funny how you say that. Don't you have a better argument?

This is my point:
    Final Fantasy to ME (meaning MY opinion) is a game with a inevitably ending storyline. A main character, and 3-5 support characters... An RPG... not an MMORPG...
    This encompasses about 1572 different RPG games, doesn't it sound like Final Fantasy is anything special to you. :D
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Cause it isn't an argument... I'm simply stating what I think, not that i'm right, or anything. Y'all people should lighten up a tadbit. Quit looking for net confrontation.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Oh, but e-drama is so much fun. ;_;

And of course I defend a game i enjoy when someone throw baseless bashings at it.

Not once did I BASH it...How bout you try READING my post. Did I say the game sucked? Or that I didn't like it? No.

I said "I don't consider it a FF"

I... as in me, not you or him or her or that shemale over there....
    Don't .... as in do not.
    Consider.... Which is to think, not to KNOW for sure, or have facts, but an opinion or process of thought. As in considering something.
    It... The game in question
    A.... self explanatory
    FF.... Acronym for Final Fantasy, an RPG, for what, 20 years about now? And how many FF's have there been.... And how many have been an RPG..... Every single one but one. Because Square Enix tried to cash in on the FF name, in the MMORPG market which was rising at the time of it's release.

IT IS MY FU**ING OPINION. You dont have to agree with it, but you can respect it. Dumbfuc*

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

You just sound like another one of those who dislike FFXI without having ever played it. Those guys have always ticked me off.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Young Kefka we do not speak to other members like that. We treat all members with respect, and I don't want to see any more posts like that from you.

If you want to refute your warning, you know how to use private messages. Though there's no point; calling someone a dumbfuc* is not acceptable in this community. ~ShlupQuack

PS. I play FF XI.

PS. I play FF XI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Kefka's Profile
    FFXI Server:
    I don't play FFXI.

People have acted jerky to you in this thread, but don't assume that they haven't been spoken to about it (I have no idea if they have or not, I am just saying).

You can't control other people, just make sure that you are polite and respectful. Don't get yourself in trouble just because others think it ok to act rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    PS. I play FF XI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Kefka's Profile
    FFXI Server:
    I don't play FFXI.
    I do play, but i didnt feel like entering in all my info... you'll notice i didnt enter my aim name , etc....

Anyways. I like how people can be adults you know? How they can remember what they were taught in gradeschool.

"Now now MIrage, jimmy has an opinion and you need to respect it"

Mirage - "No, i'm from the FF7 generation and we know everything, "

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Young Kefka, knock off the hypcritial moaning and show and keep on topic. If you don't want your opinions questioned, don't post them. It's called "discussion," and it happens from time to time. If you can't be part of a discussion without being defensive and rude, leave or you will be forced to leave.

In that same vein, Mirage, you are being a bit too snotty for this discussion and it is clearly bothering Young Kefka. Please show a little more resepect when addressing him, no matter how much he "ticks you off."

I don't want to see any more warned posts in my inbox coming out of this thread. We are not chilluns.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I don't care much either way if the wardrobe of each character accurately reflects what they have equipped. I'd rather that extra space be used for an extra sidequest or some other gameplay feature.
    Figaro Castle

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

NO!

The swords and shields look neat when they change and etc. Changing the clothing would be bad. The clothing and outfits in most FFs are pretty amazing. I liked Yuna in her dress/kimonothing/armbands, when she started changing her clothes in FFX-2 she wasn't half as awesome.

No, this would suck I think, the clothes make the characters more memorable.