Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A small idea, a BIG change. (PLEASE SQUARE!!)

Yea, I like it the way it is now. Every cahracter has a unique look. Being able to equip the same type of armor on 2-3 or more characters (which happens in most FFs) thus changing their appearance to match the armor would take that uniqueness away from the character. Changing the shields and swords are perfect enough. Alot of what RPGs are about is being able to use your imagination while your playing it.

About FFXI: the main character is supposed to be you. There is a party based system and it neat because you can set up a party the way YOU want it to be, or someone can ask you to join thiers. It is a FF game, no doubt. Its just alot harder than the single player games (the single player games feel like they hand feed you most of everything in the game). But yea, the main characters is YOU, the character YOU created. Thats why you see yourself in the cutscenes and not the other players.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I don't care much either way if the wardrobe of each character accurately reflects what they have equipped. I'd rather that extra space be used for an extra sidequest or some other gameplay feature.
    Best point of the thread. I am among those who were somewhat disappointed by XII's story and the way it played out.

I'd hate to see the storyline or the adventure sacrificed in future FF's for the sake of wardrobe.

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

Or they might just wear some of that stuff under their clothes. What do you believe zidanes pants flare at the hips for no reason. Yeah I do really care about not seeing the armor.

more realistic armor < sidequests and overall fun
    Yeah that's how it goes.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Kefka View Post
    i dont consider FF XI as a final fantasy... That was Square trying to make a MMORPG with an already famous name... Using some popular elements of previous FF's....

I mean a REAL FF

And what do you think FF XI is? Just because it's an MMORPG doesn't mean it's not a real FF. It has a enjoyable story(yes, even MMORPGs have stories. Not the best, but enjoyable), and a feel that makes you say you are playing an FF game. You think it's been called "Final Fantasy XI" by accident? It's like saying that FF I is not a real FF, because of the fact that you control a party with no personalities whatsoever and had no breakthrough story like FF VII. Also, you said that Everquest did it right, which is also a MMORPG that is in the same vein as FF XI.

You should know by now that SE makes every FF game different. So don't go saying it's not a real FF game just because of the fact that it's a MMORPG. It's part of the series. Deal with it
    But its not a Single Player console release, unlike the others in the series, so to a lot of people it doesnt count when talking about Final Fantasy relating to 6,7,8 etc. You cant "complete" FFXI so I understand exactly where hes coming from.

It would be cool if the next FF could feature something like that, however I think that at some points the characters might like uber stupid with equipment that doesnt match and just looks plain stupid on that particular character.