Thread: Just a few FFVII questions :)

Just a few FFVII questions :)

OK, so there's a couple of things i've been wondering about for a while now, it would be really helpful if somebody answered them please

Q1. In battle square when you've bought the omnislash and w summon and you get to fight the 'special' monsters, how much HP does the last guy have? Because (although my people aren't THAT strong) he survived a KoR + Bahamut ZERO + 3xPhoenix (it was all i had left) and then he killed me, i couldn't use anything else because at this point my weapon was broken and most of my materia as well, also, i had no 'item' command and my HP and MP were halved While we're on the battle square topic, is that 'championship belt' worth buying? what does it do?

Q2. When you are able to win good materia from the chocobo square (according to this site), where do you actually win them from? betting or riding? im guessing betting gets the better ones because ive never seen any materia in racing and im up to S Rank with at least 4 chocobos, so i've been there a while (one includes my Goldie ). Also, is there a sort of 'trick' to getting the right item? because whenever i win i get the worst item there is instead of the good one (ie. materia).

Q3. Where is the w magic materia? i know it's in the northern crater but where abouts? a picture with an explanation of where it is would be VERY helpful.

I think thats about it for now, if i think of any more i will add them after an 'EDIT:' underneath this statement

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

1) My sources in the EoFF FF7 page tell me 60,00 HP.

2) No idea about the racing, I was only ever raced for points to spend in the Battle Square, and to get one more dam Megaelixer so I could dupe them....

3) It's in the are with the large amount of greenery overhead and the glowing pit in the middle. The last secreen before all 3 branches meet up, don't remember which branch though.

In battle square when you've bought the omnislash and w summon and you get to fight the 'special' monsters, how much HP does the last guy have?

is that 'championship belt' worth buying? what does it do?
    Yes. Strength and Vitality + 30

where do you actually win them from? betting or riding?
    Racing.

Also, is there a sort of 'trick' to getting the right item?
    No.

Where is the w magic materia?
    Here. Third screen of the left-upper route in the Northern Cave.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    1) My sources in the EoFF FF7 page tell me 60,000 HP.
    That's how much Proud Clod has when you fight it in Midgar. All enemies in the Battle Square have 100% more HP and 25% more Attack and Magic.

thanks, but in that picture you showed me....thats where i got my 'counter' materia, by talking to that glowing light

EDIT: sorry, i didnt see the little cloud off in the corner....thanks a lot!

I know. Just in front of Cloud there's a little pink dot (why it's pink I don't know, W-Magic is Command materia).

well, on the chocobos thing, is there any criteria you have to fill? because i really want the magic counter materia but its never shown up for me

EDIT: also, is there anything else important i should get while im in the northern crater?

Magic Counter only appears in Rank S races. Keep trying. Or just get the one from the Northern Cave.

HP Absorb
    Shield
    W-Magic
    Counter
    Mega All
    Mystile x2
    Imperial Guard

what? is there one in the northern cave? where? a pic would be helpful

EDIT:ok ive found a picture, but im not sure where in the crater this actually is

EDIT 2: ok found it, thanks for all of your trouble
    Last edited by .:kerrod:.; 12-13-2006 at 02:09 AM.