Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Square Enix Announces FF Tactics for PSP and Another New FFT Game

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Unfortunately I can't stand playing games on portable systems so another game being released on portable just makes me a little sadder on the inside.

Nothing wrong with Tactics on PSP, but I realy would have liked the next new one to come out for console.

Yay! Two more FFT games are going to come out. I knew they would work on the development one day. FFT was too good to not have a sequel/prequel. I can't wait.

I have one fear about Tactics being put on the PSP: people will get it expecting it to be all easy like TA was, but then they'll find out the game is actually pretty challenging and never bother to finish it. Personally i'd rather have a PSP for Crisis Core, but i'll never buy a PSP anyway cuz i never play handhelds anymore.

There's such a huge difference between Tactics and TA...Tactics is mature, challenging, has a great story, and TA is pretty much the complete opposite of Tactics. Not to say TA was a bad game, because standing alone as a strategy game is was good, but compared to other FFs its crap. It shouldnt have been called a Final Fantasy in the first place >_< I'm scared that the second TA will be just as big of a letdown to the FF name.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I'm confident the second TA will live up to the FF name just as much as the original TA. The game doesn't deserve all the hate and bashing it has been getting, just because T was so-called better. I have a fear that if TA was made like a second T people would have bashed it for being a direct Sequel and messing up the story, or for cloning FFT. ^^"

Anyway, TA definitly deserves the FF name for giving FF the most realistical story ever, something I strongly loved.

But it's my opinion, and you guy's. Just wanted to add something in the defense of FFTA. Carry on with the hapiness for FFT to the PSP and finally getting that long awaited remake (or remake-ish port?).

PSP looks tempting now... <_<

Without Matsuno's involvement, I doubt the new Tactics game will be much like the original. It will probably once again be about kids in a petting zoo or whatever was going on with Advance. Though I like Advance actually and didn't think it was all that bad. Kind of FFX-2 in the respect of making you go "Well, this is polar opposite of what was going on the first one...that's, uh, unique," but what can ya do.

I don't think I'd have the patience to play the original Tactics without exploiting the JP Glitch anyway, which I'm assuming they are going to remove . Yeah, I'm impatient like that. I don't have 150 hours to spill just to get my ninja job and skills and all that hoo-ha.

I dunno where to post this, but S-E has confirmed that the new game will be for DS at the Jump Festa event.

Quote Originally Posted by jj984jj View Post
    I dunno where to post this, but S-E has confirmed that the new game will be for DS at the Jump Festa event.
    Do you have a link that proves this?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jj984jj View Post
    Do you have a link that proves this?
    Various Japanese blogs are reporting the exact same thing and a few forum posters who attended the event. The reason why there isn't any big sites reporting it yet is because there is nothing at the event about the game, S-E just decided to clear up the platform. So there are no official links.

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

I love FFT in my heart of hearts, and this is the kind of news I've waited years upon years for, but the prospect of buying a PSP just for a remake is less than appealing. Hopefully there'll be a console port of some sort in the future, because Sony's handheld doesn't have the most stellar lineup of games. At least ones right up my alley.

Well, FFXII allayed my fears some and didn't completely screw up Ivalice, so I guess I'll hold out and hope the port doesn't defecate on the bricks already layed. <finger-cross>

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Shaky-cam footage of the Jump Festa trailer.

The new cut scenes appear to do justice to the original sprite-based scenes, and there seems to be full voice-acting, as well. I'm feelin' it.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Shaky-cam footage of the Jump Festa trailer.

The new cut scenes appear to do justice to the original sprite-based scenes, and there seems to be full voice-acting, as well. I'm feelin' it.
    I definately must agree with you .

Crappy doodles though... I so want to play that but I have a large adversion for portable systems.... gah!

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

hazzah a actual game i will play on my psp for more than a hour before getting sick of it. finally glad i kept my psp when i got my ds
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.

I'm all for more Tactics.

It's too bad the remake is going to be for the PSP-I have an aversion to the PSP, considering we're walking into three years of PSP and there are now three games that make me think I might want a PSP. And it really is too bad-it looks like they've gone into the concept art and pulled what they could to create animated models from that unique illustration style. When Sony caves and puts out a UMD reader for the PS3 about the time FFXV is coming out, we'll talk more.

And I hafta agree with Elpizo. FFTA does not deserve the bashing people give it. It's a good game. It has a VERY different flavor from the original FFT, and it does something that I can't forgive it, but it is a good game. FFTA2 sounds like a title that I'll be snagging for my DS when it hits.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarCotoron View Post
    I'm all for more Tactics.

It's too bad the remake is going to be for the PSP-I have an aversion to the PSP, considering we're walking into three years of PSP and there are now three games that make me think I might want a PSP. And it really is too bad-it looks like they've gone into the concept art and pulled what they could to create animated models from that unique illustration style. When Sony caves and puts out a UMD reader for the PS3 about the time FFXV is coming out, we'll talk more.

And I hafta agree with Elpizo. FFTA does not deserve the bashing people give it. It's a good game. It has a VERY different flavor from the original FFT, and it does something that I can't forgive it, but it is a good game. FFTA2 sounds like a title that I'll be snagging for my DS when it hits.
    Yeah, i dont know why they decided on the PSP, its not a very successful piece of hardware. It would have made alot more sense to put it on the PS2.

I agree fully that TA is a very good game, i just dont think it should have been called a FF because the storyline was pretty kiddy and always threw environmentalist messages into sidequests and crap. But then again, its sure more of a FF than X-2 was <.<

I can sum up my feelings of FFTA in a very simple way.

I hate Marche.

His character isn't so bad, and is even appropriate. What he decides he's trying to do pretty much killed it for me because I would never even consider doing what he decides he's going to do. It's sorta' hard when your motivations are the polar opposite of your characters.

The game is great, though. One day, I do know I will suck it up and finish it because the game itself deserves that, and the storyline is very creepy when you actually read between the lines a bit.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.