Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only person who DIDN'T love Aeris? wft?

Aeris' death removed all the variety from the game; she was the best magic user and she just went and copped it before you could really make use of that.

Quote Originally Posted by 345keyblade345 View Post
    I totally agree. I hate how, in every final fantasy game, the female characters minus tifa and yuffie are almost always summoners and are weak, and never help! it's so sexist! it makes it look like girls can't handle a sword! I admit aeris is strong, but honestly! she dies, and what ticks me off most is how they never thought of using a freaking pheonix down on her!!!
    The defense would like to present as evidence : Refia, Lenna, Farus, Clara, Celes, Agrias, Quistis, Selphie, Freya, Rikku, Paine, and Yuna once she ditched the whole religion thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krod91 View Post
    AMEN!! AMEN TO THAT!!! i agree with everything you say there^. i mean, they can die in battle and get revived, so how is this different? he attacks her with a sword, sounds like battle to me.
    Story != Battle. Do not expect battle to actually reflect real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi View Post
    Aeris' death removed all the variety from the game; she was the best magic user and she just went and copped it before you could really make use of that.
    So use Cait Sith. He's got the second best magic out there.

It would have been cooler if Cloud had slept with Aeris before she died. Instead he got it on with those big buff trainers in the Honey-Bee inn.
    At least he was massaged afterwards.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have removed quite a few posts from this thread that were totally off-topic and against the rule of not bashing other forums.

senecawolf, do not do that again unless you wish to get banned.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

The only thing I can say is that I was very hardly (that means very little) affected by Aeris' death. If I considered her annoying, believe me Yuffie annoyed me more. So I didn't really love her, but I didn't hate her either. shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    I have removed quite a few posts from this thread that were totally off-topic and against the rule of not bashing other forums.

senecawolf, do not do that again unless you wish to get banned.
    sorry, didn't mean to cause another riot.

Blog Entries

I wasn't very fond of her.

Chocobo

(BTW: why do people call her Aerith? i think i missed something big in the game , but can you please explain it to me )
    they call here Aerith because that is her name... yeah...you missed the begining or something because mines Aerith and i didn't even change it.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWingedAngelSephiroth91 View Post
    (BTW: why do people call her Aerith? i think i missed something big in the game , but can you please explain it to me )
    they call here Aerith because that is her name... yeah...you missed the begining or something because mines Aerith and i didn't even change it.
    sorry, but in my game (PAL) her name is Aeris

Quote Originally Posted by OneWingedAngelSephiroth91 View Post
    (BTW: why do people call her Aerith? i think i missed something big in the game :p, but can you please explain it to me :confused:)
    sorry, but in my game (PAL) her name is Aeris
    Which was a translation error. It has only appeared in the Sony translation of FF and a few other works, and is VASTLY overshadowed by the number of times it has appeared as Aerith. It's still outnumbered even if we just limit it to the English examples.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsKing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuggly Blight View Post
    How is she a slut? really, how? she fancied someone? ON NO! Really how Vicortian is that, by the same definitions all the women on this bored are Prostitues, so what if she asked him on a date, women do that all the time, really do.
    *ahem* She was a slut because: cloud and tifa r getting together, aerith comes along and messes that up. cloud is torn between tifa and aerith. cloud chooses aerith, aerith dies, and now cloud and tifa's relationship is messed up. while aerith is dead, she hooks up with cloud's best friend zack. thats how shes a slut
    first off who says cloud and tifa would have gotten together if aerith didnt come along in the game it did not say that cloud was going to get together with tifa, and their relationship was already messed up when the people of niblehiem blamed cloud for tifa falling off a cliff, and he did not decide to get together with aeris either (unfortunatley) and when she died cloud was crying cuz he'll never get to hear her speak or laugh again (not talking about ac) and in the movie she didnt get together with zack when she died he was only in the same place as aerith cuz he was friends with cloud and also cuz he died in ff7 , and they werent exactley best friends cuz when zack didnt even say they were friends right before he was shot saving clouds life and again he was in the same place as her because they both saved clouds life and aerith is not a slut she wears a pink dress up to her ancles if thats a slut than what is tifa?think about what i just said and play the game again to get facts straight!
    Last edited by Aerisfanatic; 02-28-2007 at 02:56 AM.

Actually aerith was going out with Zack before Cloud But Zack had to Go and be like 50cent and get shot nine times by shinra and then aerith was single a [leeza]*snip*[/leeza] widow thats what she meant when she said just like him in the beginning of the game with Cloud. but I hate aerith to I don't see the point of haveing her as a playable character.
    (don't make fun of my grammer I only 8). look at the image

ew2.lysator.liu.se/pic/fanq/v/i/vic2/sephiroth.jpg

[leeza]Do NOT go around the filters. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    Don't worry, you're not the only one to hate her. inconsiderate bitch, dying on me before i can do much with her.
    i think you forgot that that people dont choose to die and it was the story line is why if it were up to me she wouldnt have died and if you think you could do so much with her try using the game shark cheat

and to the first poster how does she look like a boy girl she is wearing a pink dress for crying out loud with a matching pink ribbon if thats a boy girl than the queen of wngland would look like a swetty guy

Quote Originally Posted by judgemagistergabranth View Post
    Actually aerith was going out with Zack before Cloud But Zack had to Go and be like 50cent and get shot nine times by shinra and then aerith was single a f***ing widow thats what she meant when she said just like him in the beginning of the game with Cloud. but I hate aerith to I don't see the point of haveing her as a playable character.
    (don't make fun of my grammer I only 8).

uhh well she wasnt dating zack when he got shot so there fore she isnt a widow and yes she saw a bit of zack in cloud but when she saw the real cloud she loved him even better

uhh well she wasnt dating zack when he got shot so there fore she isnt a widow and yes she saw a bit of zack in cloud but when she saw the real cloud she loved him even better
    *ahem* Actually, she was dating Zack at the time he was killed. Think about it. He left on the mission for Niblehiem. (Aeris tells you this in the game, 5 years after this all happened.) He escaped with is friend, Cloud, and was summarily shot. He never came back (duh) and no one knew what happened to him. That was 5 years before the start of the game. So she was dating him at when he died.

And about that last part, I wouldn't be to sure about that. She never really met the 'real' Cloud. She knew that he wasn't himself, indeed. But she never actually met 'him' until after she died. And by then she was telling him to move on with his life and stop moping about 'letting' her die.

Well firstly, this egocentric flirt gets to date this hot hunky SOLDIER called Zack and for some reason or other the other hot hunky bishounen called Cloud ended up falling in love with her as well. There's a limit to how much fangirls can take. Secondly, it's not like I like Tifa or abhor her big boobs or whatever, but for crying out loud this girl was Cloud's childhood friend. Despite sharing so many fond memories together, Cloud didn't bat an eyelid at her at all and what did he do? Like Aeris?

And even in Advent Children the dead woman continued to cement herself in his memories popping in every so often and thus the dude couldn't forget about her and move on. Also as a result of her death Cloud closed his heart to everyone else and I can almost picture Aeris beaming with pride in her weird limbo area.