Thread: Luck be a Lady Tonight

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Default Luck be a Lady Tonight

Last night, I was seeking in Jeuno when this guy comes up to me out of nowhere and /tells me "merry christmas". He then proceeds to offer to trade with me and I accept. He ends up giving me 8 level 40ish pieces of equipment free of charge, one of which was an Emperor's Hairpin. As it turned out, he explained that he was quitting the game.

What crazy strokes of luck have come your way in this game?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Someone in my linkshell needed cash fast, so they offered their Lu Shang's Rod for 2 million. I was the only one with the cash on hand, so I bought it and then sold it at the AH two days later for 4 million.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Me and my friend both had Paladin at 50+ so we went to Oldton to do a Parade Gorget run.

We took 2 Goblin Drinks each (two chances of the NM dropping the Gorget each).

Within 30 minutes we found a spawn point. I used my Goblin Drink first, we beat the Goblin Wolfman and as luck would have it it dropped my Parade Gorget. After it dropped I gave my other Goblin Drink to my friend.

After my friend used up 150,000G worth of Goblin Drinks (At 15k each) and not getting a single drop, it was at this point that I realised how lucky I was.
    Last edited by ScottNUMBERS; 12-16-2006 at 04:29 PM.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got Apollo's and Pluto's staves from a guy who was quitting back when I was a level 50 brd (with nothing else over 30).

The guy before me got a peacock charm ; ;

Blog Entries

When I first started someone gave me 500k after helping me with a mission. That was pretty sweet.

I never really have luck in FFXI. I usually just bad luck. Like spending 10 hours worth of farming in Castle Zvahl for a coffer key, only to lose the lot to some guy who's attempting for it his first time. >.<
    This space intentionally left blank.

^^^ pretty much.

Was in Garlaige Citadel for 8 hours looking for the coffer chest (PLD AF). Not the key, but the chest itself. 8 hours!!! Well, I guess you COULD call this good luck but I doubt it, I gave up and was gonna dezone and then log for the night. On my way out and after telling everyone I was done for the night I pass the coffer thats sitting next to a set of stairs.

It was cool, but annoying at the same time haha
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

I've had some luck in-game. Well, luck that comes as a double edge sword.

Friends quiting but leaving me a buttload of items and gil.

Another lucky thing that happened to me, was having a friend lend me all his tarudin gear (steppe sash, koenig shield, rosenbogen, etc) and then just letting me have them (they were really expensive at the time, not sure about now, haven't checked).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

The luckiest I've been is buying some stuff that's worth like 200k for 1k in some guy's bazaar. =/

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

no luck for me -_-

however. the other day when I was in Valkurm. I accidently set off a bunch of Damselfly on top of a Butcher via rushing eyes through a spell list and casting Diaga instead of Dia.

and getting more then my party killed...

I kinda decided to never be a WHM until I needed to level it again n_n"""

the person in the pic on the other thread was looking for fruit punches (expensive!) and couldnt find any. well we go out farming and some dude starts fighting tom tit tat who we have been watching for about twenty minutes. he starts attacking and is doing good but starts losing HP at bout 40% hp of TTT. I cast protect and spam cure and sure enough, he wins. He was so happy he gave me the drop; fruit punches! So I gave them to her.

Lady luck wasnt on my side but she sure was for her. Go looking for Fruit punches for about 40k, hour later; get em for free!

40k?

When I got the drop there were like 4k. Stupid Cait Sith economy.
    This space intentionally left blank.

4k? wow, on the AH price history AND ffxiah.com; 40k-70k on kujata....maybe we are retarded....IDK