Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: London

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Default London

I guess many of you have been or would be wanting to visit London at some point in your lives and I would definetly recommend doing so before your time is up. Took me years to appreciate the damn place. Didn't know how cool London was until it slapped me in the face a few years ago.
    With our two millenia old history, over seven million strong population, generations upon generations of acclaimed British monarchs, and heaps of attractions waiting to be raped by your pleasure-hungry cameras I think it's safe to say that London is up there with the top five cities of the world, if not at the top. Oh yes and there's that little thing called the London Underground which is the probably the most awesome form of transport our humble little world ever cared to produce

So let's discuss London for a little while
    ...Geddit?

I do intend to visit one day, whether as just a traveler or as a student. The rich history by itself is reason to go, but there is so much to see and do in modern London as well.

Take care all.

that city's too big and scary for a country bumpkin like me

i'll just stick to the colony i live in hoo hoo
    Last edited by Araciel; 12-17-2006 at 12:38 AM.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If only the bridge dun come falling down.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked London a lot. My first foreign city, first subway ride, etc etc etc

I loved how the windows in the Strand [hotel] could open up to the outside; you don't see that in America. Especially not eight stories up where you can go out over Strand [street] and jump off if you had a mind too

We lurked at Piccadilli Circus like all the other young adult/teen lurkers there, and walking through the city during dark, I kept thinking how nice it would be if it were Christmas there, so I want to go there again some christmastime.

I want to go one day, but I highly doubt I will ever get the chance.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I went a few years ago for a a day or two for my Mum's 40th. Im sorry to put a downer on London, but I was so bored! The wheel was so slow, it was like "Oh my god, I saw this view 5 MINUTES AGO"

Maybe if Id been for longer, and not with my parents I might have enjoyed it. The sight seeing really isnt my thing.

I have wanted to go there my whole life! Theres so much beautiful scenery and everything there! Ive only read about it, and I have a few friends that live there, but I REALLY hope I can go there one day.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by LoveArya View Post
    I have wanted to go there my whole life! Theres so much beautiful scenery and everything there! Ive only read about it, and I have a few friends that live there, but I REALLY hope I can go there one day.
    Sometimes schools will host a trip to europe; mine does every few years and it's really a really small school; that's how I went last year :] Start saving now ;] and hope they don't choose greese or germany or somewhere else xD

I live in one of the outer London boroughs so going into Central London isn't a big deal for me. I get dragged to a museum almost every school holiday with my younger siblings.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Been there a lot, I was very touristy at first and I thought it was great. But I'm more of a country girl really, I don't like the busyness of the city too much I'd rather go visit some other countries!
    rawr

I've never been to London. But I plan on taking my girlfriend there for a weekend away. Probably for her birthday or our 1 year anniversary or something.

I'm quite happy living in the pea size city that is Bristol though.
    Last edited by Craig; 12-17-2006 at 02:06 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ohh, you live quite near me, my brother lives in Bristol. Yeah I quite like little towns. (where I live)
    rawr

I've been to London a few times, and I don't like it at all. It's too busy and it's huge. The Tube is scary - everyone avoids eye contact and no-one smiles.

I'd quite like to go back for the Olympics, though. That should be good.

Londons decent. Its has its downers though, congestion charge, terrorism threats and crime. But when you look past that its easily one of the best cities in the world. So much variety throughout the city, so much to do. Although living here all my life has sorta gotten me bored of all that. The underground music scene coming out of London is huge, people need to take more notice of it from other countries.

While Ill doubt Ill be living in the same South London ghetto Ive been in all my life, I wouldnt mind living in London for the remainder of my life, preferably somewhere in the West London though as thats pretty much where everything is.