Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Playing Through For The First Time (minor spoilers, maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by LazarCotoron View Post
    As for Kefka... if nothing else, Kefka has the best evil villain laugh in the entire series, without exception. No one even comes close.
    why are you limiting that... he has the best laugh EVAR

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

He might. It comes close for me, though. I mean, I've played Disgaea, so he has to compete with the Laharl laugh.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

If only someone at OCremix would make an entire song out of Kefka's laugh

Someone sorta' almost did. "La Locura Del Kefka" by The Pancake Chef. I actually would really just be happy with an MP3 version of Kefka's actual theme...
    Last edited by LazarCotoron; 12-19-2006 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Oh and Timerk, where are you at now?
    Going to Zozo tonight , so I am pretty excited about that, since I have heard so many good things about it from you, Ava .

On Kefka: I just actually want to kill him right now, he is so annoying and evil. I am still mad he killed Cyans family, so Kefka can go to hell. I know he eventually becomes the final boss, but right now he just seems like the kind of mean, little behind the scenes person that exists in real life. Take that as you will.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Reading through this thread and your experiences from playing through for the first time makes me jealous Timerk. Just as Levian said, you're lucky to be able to play through for the first time.

Glad that you're enjoying it!
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Timerk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Oh and Timerk, where are you at now?
    Going to Zozo tonight , so I am pretty excited about that, since I have heard so many good things about it from you, Ava .

On Kefka: I just actually want to kill him right now, he is so annoying and evil. I am still mad he killed Cyans family, so Kefka can go to hell. I know he eventually becomes the final boss, but right now he just seems like the kind of mean, little behind the scenes person that exists in real life. Take that as you will.
    Yes! YESS! You shall be greeted by some of my dancers. Watch out! They like fire!

Oh and yeah, don't worry in a couple of hours he'll be the main man, worthy of the final boss spot, as if he wasn't from the first time you met him.~

SON OF A SUBMARINER!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aww, you're going to love all of it! ^^ Just wait until you get to the WoR

Zozo... love that town. If you like using Edgar, be sure to search Zozo VERY thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarCotoron View Post
    Zozo... love that town. If you like using Edgar, be sure to search Zozo VERY thoroughly.
    And this is why you're not allowed in Zozo.

And Celes is right, there's so much more loving in WoR.

Alright, fine. But you could come visit in Jidoor, and if you're ever feeling 32bit, we could have a rendezvous in Burmecia.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Any favorite songs so far? Besides Terra's theme, as everyone already loves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Reading through this thread and your experiences from playing through for the first time makes me jealous Timerk. Just as Levian said, you're lucky to be able to play through for the first time.

Glad that you're enjoying it!
    I should thank you, it was looking through your website that inspired me to dust Anthology off (finally) and play VI . It was either going to be VI or IV, and Figaro Castle made my mind up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Any favorite songs so far?
    Yeah, I like...

Besides Terra's theme, as everyone already loves that.
    Um..ok..well, I also like Edgar and Sabin's Theme, and the music in Zozo was pretty swinging. Really, it is all great though, I think I like this soundtrack better than X.

Just finished with Zozo, it was pretty cool, but I got lost doing the building jumping and wondered around for a bit. I blame the [strike]awesome[/strike] [strike]decent[/strike] free gamefaqs.com guide I am using. The last boss was some big muscle-bound karate guy frozen in a drop kick pose, so that was kind of odd. I loved Ramuh in IX, and I loved him here too, he should be the Yoda in every game.

I am a bit bummed because I thought I was getting Terra back, but it's fine, I still have Celes for Cure. I have Sabin back in the group, but I also sat down Edgar for Gau, which I am not feeling great about right now. I like leveling up everyone equally, and Gau is pretty good for me, but he is no Edgar. Still, I think my party will be ok, I have some good Rages for Gau that might help.

I am resting for a while, then off to the Empire to have a 'let my people go!' moment, I suppose.

I am also taking advice on how to equip my Espers, I just got Siren, Stray, Ramuh, and one other I forget the name off. A ghost explained it to me, but I wasn't paying attention because I was still agonizing over the Gau/Edgar decision.

Mostly, the Espers teach you magic and give you a slight level up bonus. I don't seem to recall any of the early Espers having life shattering consequences for who gets what first, but it will definately help to get Terra and Celes hooked up with the stuff you need first. Edgar, Mog, and Setzer are your 'Jack of all trades masters of none' characters, so they can learn magic after the power mages of the group. Sabin, Cyan, Locke, Gau, Shadow, and Umaro are all pretty useless as far as mages go, so they take very low priority when it comes to Magicite.

When you get them, Gogo, Relm, and Strago are also good mage characters, and depending on how you like them they're probably interchangeable with Terra and Celes... although no one beats Terra in straight out magic power, even if Relm comes close.

Beyond that, it really falls around how you play the game and what spells you think are useful and what spells you think are total bunk.