Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Playing Through For The First Time (minor spoilers, maybe)

Sabin's blitzes are based on his Magic power, so make sure when he levels he has a Magic Power boosting esper, preferrably. And take CYAN and SABIN, sheesh... what's this edgar/gau controversy...

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I always take Cyan and Gau to the Empire. Gau's rages helped when I wanted to conserve MP, and Cyan's Quadra-Slam helped for the melee encounters.

Also, one of the best parts of the game in my opinion is when you go to the Empire, so have fun.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you're just finishing up Zozo, then you're about to come upon my favorite moment in all FF games Enjoy, and break a leg...

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Timerk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Reading through this thread and your experiences from playing through for the first time makes me jealous Timerk. Just as Levian said, you're lucky to be able to play through for the first time.

Glad that you're enjoying it!
    I should thank you, it was looking through your website that inspired me to dust Anthology off (finally) and play VI . It was either going to be VI or IV, and Figaro Castle made my mind up for me.
    Aww, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    If you're just finishing up Zozo, then you're about to come upon my favorite moment in all FF games Enjoy, and break a leg...
    Yup yup.
    Figaro Castle

Sorry it has been a while, but the first time I tried to get to Ultros, I got killed by the rats in the rafters ...

I really liked the music in the opera scene, and also the way the incorperated it in to the story. The music was fantastic the whole way through, although it was weird to hear the mock 'voice' when I am so used to hearing actual singing in games now. I thought Setzer was cool, I can't wait to get him in the party.

Now I am going to wonder around for a bit then head to Vector...I wil check in again once I settle the issue with getting Terra back.

After you get Terra back, go to Narshe to get (SPOILER)Mog.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    After you get Terra back, go to Narshe to get (SPOILER)Mog.
    That is what my gamefaqs.com says to do next, but I think I might go learn some new Rages for Gau first. It is my new favorite masochistic Final Fantasy activity.

I thought they kind of rushed the storyline bit with Maduin and Madonna, but I did like the fact you got to see everything rather than just read text. Also, I liked the mine car thing, it is a little dated, but it was still a lot of fun.

Kefka is so weird, he is basically like Biggs and Wedge at this point, but I know he is going to be the end villian...I can't wait to see how he pulls it off.

So, now that I have the airship, I am going to Gau for a little, then head over to Narshe (I guess, that place is depressing).

Mog takes, like four minutes to get or something. :P

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Though it does involve a terrible choice and a close encounter with a cameo...

Wow, that sounds like my prom night...

I got Mog, but now I am a little worried because he is level 24 and the rest of my crew is in the 19-20 range. Am I going to get my face pwnd in the next part?

I also finished my Gau bit, although I might go back for the Hades Gigas, since he didn't show up . Do I need to fight him outside of Zozo to get him to show up on the Veldt?

Wow, that sounds like my prom night...

I got Mog, but now I am a little worried because he is level 24 and the rest of my crew is in the 19-20 range. Am I going to get my face pwnd in the next part?
    Nah, you'll be fine. It doesn't hurt to level up though It always good to be ahead of the game.

As for the Hades Gigas, I don't recall ever fighting him

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I also finished my Gau bit, although I might go back for the Hades Gigas, since he didn't show up . Do I need to fight him outside of Zozo to get him to show up on the Veldt?
    Hard to say. If I remember right, and it's been a while since I played FFVI, not all of the monsters can actually be found on the Veldt. Although... a handful of the bosses can be. The Hades Gigas may just be one of the ones that's not out there. At the very least, having combed the Veldt for several hours myself never turned up near all the monsters I was looking for.

...Wolf, doesn't one of your files have every single Rage in the game?

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

Did you get the MArshal Rage? That's one of my favorites in the begining. Along with Templar and Ptrodon, or however its spelled. Also I hear good things about Stray Cat, but I still prefer Marshal.

Blog Entries

Getting Mog's water rondo dance is recomended before you forget

[evaile=-B.mage]-[/evaile]
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I just got done with Thamalsa...I am kind of shocked it went down that way, actually. It was a really sad moment, and it just made you hate Gestahl even more than Kefka almost. The Statues just kind of got thrown in there at the last minute, but the story so far has been excellant. It is really hard to comment on the story of any game before you finish it, so I keep getting stuck making all these 'that was cool'-type comments, but it is easy to see how everything fits together. It also shows the benefits of 'showing the bad guy doing bad things before you fight him' strategy of characterization that SE sometimes gets away from.

I found all 24 people in the palace, but I missed one line with the Emperor, so I didn't get the Charm Bangle . There was no way I was replaying that part anymore, as it took me like 4 times to find all 24 soldiers, but I am still a sad panda.

I am disappointed with Celes so far, I wish she wasn't so passive.

Gau: I haven't got the Marshall yet, but I am going to do one or two more Veldt runs before I continue with the story. The Hades Gigas appears in Zozo, and, according to my gamefaqs guide, you can learn a cool Rage from him. I will let you know if he shows up for me. Stray Cat is ok, but I have been using a lot of Templar with Gau, and also Rhodex Snare, that is good too.

I don't think I have used Mog at all yet, I should build up some abilities for him before I continue?

Thanks for all of your input everyone .