Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Playing Through For The First Time (minor spoilers, maybe)

I was intending on saving him, but I didn't realize what I was supposed to be doing until I was like halfway through. I thought he was kinda pervy, anyway.

I got most everyone back now, even though the cave Locke was in was a living hell to get through. It feels like I am at the part in the game now where I am supposed to grind up my levels and magic for a bit, so I am not all excited about that.

I took the esper over the sword.

I am very much neglecting Strago and Realm, but Sabin is totally awesome with Bum Rush. I have already beat like three of the dragons now.

I like the music better now, it got better once I got the Falcon. I feel really sorry for Setzer, it seems like he has lived a sad life.

I am now heading over to do some stuff for Strago, then the Tower of Fanataics, I guess.

You're allowed to completely neglect two characters if you get Umaro, Mog, and Gogo. :P

When i got gau i was like wdf 2000 damage lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    No, I never completed Gau's list I'm afraid... The Veldt theme gets on my nerves after a few days of listening to it.
    On one of my playthroughs of FF6, I printed a list off the internet of every monster in every area of the game, and I went through the game checking off each monster to make sure I fought them all at least once. I understand that a monster can't appear on the Veldt if you never killed it some place else.

I got Gau's list almost full. I was missing about 6 or 7 monsters. I even got the Io from Cyan's thing. And the White Dragon from Fanatics Tower. There are rumors that you can get Siegfried or Ultros or something, but I have yet to see any real evidence.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Banned

Be careful at the Tower of Fanatics. I recommend that you bring Mog and Equip him with the Moogle Charm there, as the enemies can get really tough. The monsters there are in lvl's:10,20,30,40,50,60,70,70,80, and 90. You don't want to fight the higher ones, because I'd assume you are probably less than lvl 50. They really are tough.

You could also fight the White Dragon in the Tower of Fanatics. This battle can be a little difficult because you are restricted to only magic and the White Dragon can also cast Holy about 3 times in a row.

And finally, once you take the Gem Box (that lets you cast two spells per turn), you will fight the boss, the MagiMaster. The MagiMaster has the annoying ability of WallChange, and since you are not allowed to use physical attacks, you either have to guess his weakness, or use non-elemental magic such as Flare, Meteor, and Ultima. Now, the most important thing of all is that once it's HP reaches 0, it will use Ultima as a final attack.

There are four ways to surivive this:
    1. Pray that you have enough HP to survive (Good Luck)
    2. Cast Life3 on a character before Ultima.
    3. Use the Palidor Esper, which causes all your characters to use Jump. But you must be able to kill MagiMaster before the final Jump!
    4. Rasp all it's MP. I think it's probably 50000 or so.