Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eragon

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SeeDRankLou View Post
    So, for all of you that watched this movies, what is your opinion?

I thought it was good, but not as good as it could have been.
    Aye, I felt cheated. The darn movie had "It will have a sequel" written all over it. I want half of my money back since I only got half of the movie!!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

The first book was a good effort. The second was marginally better.
    The movie was retarded, except for Murtagh.

Tôi đói.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiko View Post

The first book was a good effort. The second was marginally better.
    The movie was retarded, except for Murtagh.
    Agreed.

From the moment I read the book, I enjoyed it

From the moment I heard of the movie, I had my bad juju aleert going on

But since then, they have been set lower and lower in my eyes with each passing day
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I couldn't finish the book for boredom. I didn't see the movie out of no interest. I've heard the acting is bad, and this story always struck me as very generic fantasy.

The movie was so bad words cannot begin to convey its awfulness. They screwed the plot up so bad it didn't even resemble the book in the slightest. The acting was horrible, the script was for , the CG wasn't even that good. The stereotype of bad guy and good guy was so cheesy....
    this movie left me in tears, it was so bad. I wept for the wonderful story that had been raped and murdered in the back alleys of movie making. To all who have seen the movie but haven't read the books: DON'T BASE THE BOOKS ON THE MOVIE!!!! THE BOOKS WERE SO MUCH BETTER!!! READ THE BOOKS AND SHUN THE MOIVE!!!

There was so much that went wrong in the movie. Like, when the dragon first flies, suddenly *poof* it's full grown! WTF?! In one seconed it went from hatchling to adult! The cities of Teirm and Yazuac were mashed together, and actually, in the book, Terim is a very prosperous port town, not some crap-splat run down little town. Angela (fortune teller) is a key character and they completley threw out the were-cat. Jeod was also thrown out and he's also a key character. Not once in the movie did they tell you Arya is an elf, and they sure as hell didn't just try to rush in and save her. Murtagh was so randomly thrown in, the actors didn't fit the parts and the Raz'ac were never killed, in the book. They just killed the story. No not killed, they sacfrificed it to the money gods in an evil ritual that tainted the earth itself.

If you've read the books, never NEVER go see movie. It will leave you in shock. Save your money, and if someone tries to force you to see it, fight for all your worth. It may spare you your life.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The movie was horrible, and I can't say much more about the books. I never got very far into Eragon in the first place. The writing was atrocious. I suppose it was unfair of me to expect more from a fifteen-year-old author (that's how old Paolini was when he wrote most of it, right?). I refuse to touch the book with a ten foot pole now, and I wish I'd treated the movie the same way.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The movie was so bad even John Malkovich and Jeremy Irons were cheesy on it. And they are both Oscar caliper actors.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Grin

It sucked. The movie was absolutely nothing like the book. It's a pathetic excuse for a movie. They changed it so much the plot is absolutely meaningless.

The book itself is quite decent.

I was offended. I want to get my hands on the god-forsaken screen writters. Me and my geek friends went to see it the night it came out, and half of us left in tears. (Not tears of Joy, I assure you). The damned director killed half the plot. He made what was months of a journey seem like a day. I am -OFFENDED- by it. I hope to god Chris keeps them from kaking an Eldest.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

I always make sure I never see movies based off books I like, because it always kills my enthusiasm (Lord of the Rings is the only exception). Seriously, a 500 page novel into a movie less than 2 hours? Obviously the author was seduced with a sack of money.
    This is a signature.

Returns Victorious The Triumphant Hero's Avatar

It would have been a much better movie if I hadn't read the book - I guess you could call it a different story with some of the same settings and character names. It was an okay movie, but it failed miserably at doing anything like it happens in the book.
    O R'lyeh?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Meh, it was okay, it missed way too many plotm points and glazed over everything, it would be okay if it was an hour longer and was more thorough with the scenes instead of flashes of images.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I might watch it.

It is a vauge refrense to an old Video game.

Horrible movie. Bad acting, bad script, the rushed everything so no real character development of any kinds, plot is predictable, the directing and camera angles were awful. The films overall editing was also rather bad. For example in one part of the movie it shows the characters it is bright and sunny, about two seconds later it is pouring rain and dark. This wasnt put in the movie to show a passing of time, it was just a horrible mistake overlooked by the editors. I would rate this movie a 1/10 and thats only because i liked the dragon. I just hope that the rumoured Dragonriders of Pern movie does not involve the murdering of a decent fantasy book as this horrible movie did.
    Now for some words of wisdom:
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    - Britney Spears, Pop Singer