Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eragon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    From what I saw there, alot of reviewers were saying it basically ripped off the plot from Star Wars and stuck it in a fantasy setting, which seems unappealing to me.
    Yeah

I went to see it yesterday, and I thought it was terrible. I couldn't stop laughing. Sooooo cliche. But I knew I wouldn't like it, so I'm not disappointed or anything. Not even Rachel Weisz or Jeremy Irons could save it for me.

I haven't read the books, so maybe those are better. But blegh blegh. Blegh.
    and blegh!

I want this movie to bet good, but I'm afraid it will suck.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*sad* T_T I read the book and it was pretty good. I wanted to see the movie! But now I won't because everyone says it sucks T___T

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    *sad* T_T I read the book and it was pretty good. I wanted to see the movie! But now I won't because everyone says it sucks T___T
    Don't let critics put you off, sometimes they will be right, but other times they'll be wrong.

I once refused to see a film called "Polar Express" becuase every review I saw of it was bad, but My dad talked me into seeing it and I LOVED it. So it's best to ignore critics and see a film and then decide for you self.

*sigh* Such a disappointing piece of work. I read somewhere that Paolini had plenty of input throughout the shooting, that must have been a lie.
    I've read the book, before which I liked.

I'm a Lord of the Rings nut. Love the books, love the films (even the games are damn good!)

But Eragon (the film) was the biggest rip-off from Lord of the Rings films I had ever seen! Come on, they practically stole most of the ideas from Peter Jackson!
    A coward dies a thousand deaths. A soldier only dies ONCE

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually really liked it. But I'm a sucker for fantasy type movies, especially when they have dragons.

Drawbacks were the plot. Too flimsy and predictable.

The acting was okay though. Speelers did quite a good job.

And the way they rendered Saphira was superb! The battle scenes were breathtaking!

Overall it's good, not great. Just good. Not the kind of movie I'll pay 120 pesos (USD 2.40) for to watch again.

But IMO one shouldn't judge a movie based on a book unless he has read the book itself.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

i havent actually seen it, but ive read the book and my friend told me it has nothing to do with the book like (Spoiler: down look down if u havent seen it)

They kill off the Ra'Zac!!!!! Like thats the whole point of the 2nd book!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!