Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eragon

Default Eragon

So, for all of you that watched this movies, what is your opinion?

I thought it was good, but not as good as it could have been. The plot was choppy, that was the major thing I had with the movie. Other than that, I thought it was a rather good movie. Decent acting, good plot, and a beautifully rendered dragon. The battle scene was very well done.

So what is everyone's thought of the movie?

I haven't watched it yet, but I want to see it and compare it to the book. From what I've read about the movie, it differs from the book greatly and kills various plot points, apparently.

I've read the book and from the reviews I've read of the movie sofar, I'm thinking I'm going to stay away from the film. It got a 14% on rottentomatoes.com, and I usually find myself agreeing with their numbers, which makes sense because it's an average score of reviewers around the country. From what I saw there, alot of reviewers were saying it basically ripped off the plot from Star Wars and stuck it in a fantasy setting, which seems unappealing to me.

It doesn't look very good. I'm not hearing good things either, I think I'll stay away. I may rent it, but I may just stay away from it all together.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

I went past the Odeon, Leicester Square last week and they seem to be celebrating the premiere of this film with bursts of fire. As with most other films I shall get my first screening when it comes out on terrestial TV.
    ...Geddit?

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

wasnt worth my money, i was a bit disappointed

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    I've read the book and from the reviews I've read of the movie sofar, I'm thinking I'm going to stay away from the film. It got a 14% on rottentomatoes.com, and I usually find myself agreeing with their numbers, which makes sense because it's an average score of reviewers around the country. From what I saw there, alot of reviewers were saying it basically ripped off the plot from Star Wars and stuck it in a fantasy setting, which seems unappealing to me.
    Does that mean that somebody is somebody's father?

I'm also gonna stay away from the film. I heard 3 years ago when I was reading a magazine tht they were gonna make it. I read the book and it was great, but most really good books make corny movies, unless they actually do EVERYTHING that is in the book. I dont see how they can make a 3 hour movie on lord of the rings, but make 1 hour movies on better books. Its a waste in my opinion

I just went to see it yesterday and I was kinda disappointed. I've never read the book, so I didn't really know what I was getting myself into, but I expected a movie that would be at least as good as "Narnia". Unfortunately it was not really that good, but just mediocre I guess.

I remember quite a lot of cheesy moments and details in the movie, and they were some scenes that seemed pretty awkward and out of place. The story itself was fine, but because the movie wasn't that long everything happened so fast that I didn't really get a true sense of some of the characters and such.

The acting was generally mediocre. Ed Speleer, or whatever his name is, who plays Eragon does an OK job. There are some moments were his acting seems a bit off or strange, but maybe it's the character.. I'm not really sure. Jeremy Irons does a nice job, and Sienna Guillory (sp?) and John Malcovich are also just OK. The true star of the movie was Rachel Weisz, who did the voice for the dragon Saphira - she was the only really interesting and wholesome character of the movie, and it also helped a lot that the dragon was really, really well made... The rest of the special effects were also quite amazing.

Overall it was a mediocre movie - if a sequel is made they should try to eliminate the cheesy-ness and concentrate on the story and characters.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

From what I saw there, alot of reviewers were saying it basically ripped off the plot from Star Wars and stuck it in a fantasy setting, which seems unappealing to me.
    Yeah :D

I went to see it yesterday, and I thought it was terrible. I couldn't stop laughing. Sooooo cliche. But I knew I wouldn't like it, so I'm not disappointed or anything. Not even Rachel Weisz or Jeremy Irons could save it for me. :(

I haven't read the books, so maybe those are better. But blegh blegh. Blegh.
    --Box Box Box Box

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm View Post
    From what I saw there, alot of reviewers were saying it basically ripped off the plot from Star Wars and stuck it in a fantasy setting, which seems unappealing to me.
    Yeah

I went to see it yesterday, and I thought it was terrible. I couldn't stop laughing. Sooooo cliche. But I knew I wouldn't like it, so I'm not disappointed or anything. Not even Rachel Weisz or Jeremy Irons could save it for me.

I haven't read the books, so maybe those are better. But blegh blegh. Blegh.
    I promise the books are a lot better! So far, it sounds the movie really sux, which is really bad since the books are so good

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I thought the book was supposed to be pretty meh, and considering it was written by a kid, I didn't really have any expectations for it to rise above cliche basic fantasy. And the trailers looked absolutely godawful. Even the CG looked crappy. Jeremy Irons needs to stop being in bad fantasy movies. First Dungeons and Dragons and now this? Sad.

I...I fell asleep during the movie. It was terrible.

"I suffer without my stone..."??!?! No, goddamn, give me a break. Never read the books, and now I never will.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

It looks sooo cliche and cheesy. I know I'll be forced to go watch it, but it looks really bad.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The movie was alright. Books were waaaaay waaaay better. Sadly, the movie threw out much of the plot and made MAJOR changes within it. It would have been better if they had just taken the time to make the 8 or so hour movie and done the whole plot right.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well