Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: underrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Anarcus View Post
    Er, because most of the people I've met that enjoy it seem to be smarter.
    You need to visit some other forums, my friend.

WTF? Everyone is like "Oh, FFVIII is the greatest game in the world!" and IX is the uderrated one you fool!

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    So essentially what you're saying is "AnY1Z dat does not totzally lurve dis Game is da Stoopid!!!" am I right?
    Er, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timerk View Post
    You need to visit some other forums, my friend.
    I'm not getting that from any forum. I'm talking about people I know personally.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural."

--Chancellor Palpatine

Final Fantasy VIII: The Lionheart. Book one of my novelization.

"Being a hero is not what will save you, Squall Leonhart. You are searching for the wrong treasure."

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

I think that this game is just great and should be respected more. Same goes for IX but I'm not going to get off topic. I think that people who do not look into the story do not appreciate it as much. You pretty much have to put yourself into it to figure out how it goes, then the game goes so much better and smoothly.

So essentially what you're saying is "AnY1Z dat does not totzally lurve dis Game is da Stoopid!!!" am I right?
    Er, sure.
    Aha!!! So you admit you are calling other people stupid for not liking this game.

I love FFVIII. It's by far my favorite game--and though I do think that there are a lot of people who don't properly appreciate it, I'm not sure that I can call any FF game underrated--the FF series is so widely-known that most have at least heard of any game numbered in the series. FFT, now, that could be underrated.

But even though I do see more in FFVIII than most, I think it's a mistake to imply that one's own likes and dislikes are inherently better than someone else's. I write and read fanfiction, and from what I've seen, there are unintelligent and immature people among the fanbase, just like of any other game.

(Though it is a polarizing game--and I think that what's special about it isn't necessarily in its fans having a certain intellectual makeup but an emotional one.)
    -Q

Er, sure.
    Aha!!! So you admit you are calling other people stupid for not liking this game.
    No, I didn't understand what you wrote because I speak English.

You're not stupid because you don't like FF8. (SPOILER)You don't like FF8 because you're stupid. Big difference. (And that is a joke, in case it isn't obvious.)
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural."

--Chancellor Palpatine

"Being a hero is not what will save you, Squall Leonhart. You are searching for the wrong treasure."

Er, because most of the people I've met that enjoy it seem to be smarter. And the explainations I've provided.
    Yeah, but thats not really reliable because its your personal experiences. Maybe you should do a survey?

I mean, you dont really have to be smart to understand FFVIII. Its not like it has advanced quantum mechanics in it. Or does it...?

Not to understand it, but to see beneath the surface.

--Chancellor Palpatine

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    Regardless of my feelings on the game (I hate it), I highly disagree that this game is underrated. It has a pretty good fanbase for sure.
    Yuh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Anarcus
    No, I didn't understand what you wrote because I speak English.
    It was n00b speak. Obviuosly you aren't as smart as you think considering that was basic n00b speak with most of the words perfectly understandable and I used that language to describe perfectly what you were saying.

Actually, I choose to skip over and ignore anything that looks like that. So it's not that I don't understand it, it's that I don't read it.

I'm the smartest person I know.

--Chancellor Palpatine

Oh you're so modest!!!

Banned

You must be joking. FFVIII is hardly underrated, judging by all the fanboys/fangirls who go raving on about it. There are even some which I can probably guess on Eyes on FF. There's probably a decent amount of fanboys/fangirls of FFVIII more than there are haters. It's a highly overrated game, though probably not as overrated as FFX and definitely not as overrated as FFVII.

There was no "depth" to FFVIII more than any other love story. Maybe there was more "depth" than the love stories of other FF's, since all of FFVIII was about Rinoa and Squall's love. As to the R=U theory, didn't Rinoa only get sorceress abilities because Ultimecia possessed her? That's probably why she only got "Angel Wing" after when she was possessed. As for Griever, she probably only created him out of Squall's imagination, probably to scare him. And if R=U were true, why would Ultimecia be fighting Rinoa? Without going into Time Compression jargon, Rinoa was Ultimecia before turning evil right? Well, that would mean that if Rinoa was dead, Ultimecia wouldn't exist then. Like people say, there really is not enough proof for R=U other than theories and "symbolism" in the game. And symbolism can be determined in many ways.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The millions of fanboys/girls that claim it to be the best Final Fantasy is a contradiction to it being underrated. It was highly acclaimed by game reviewers as well, so I don't see why this is even debatable.