Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Necron......Filler or Final Boss?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Squall of SeeD's hogwash has no place in any respectable discussion. It's the very kind of "convoluted and complex but ultimately non-canon" crap that Zexy mentioned.

Not that Zexy is completely right, either. Necron does have a motive and a purpose, which is easy to see if you merely pay attention to his lines immediately preceding the final battle: When the Crystal first gave way to life in the universe, he was charged with watching over all of existence until it sent him a sign that it was ready to be ended. Kuja's destructive acts were severe enough that he interpreted them as his cue to return everything to nothingness, but Zidane and company were able to convince him that the will of the living was still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Squall of SeeD's hogwash has no place in any respectable discussion. It's the very kind of "convoluted and complex but ultimately non-canon" crap that Zexy mentioned.
    So the use of numerous quotes and screenshots from the game doesn't count then? So the fact that he made a theory that actually made sense, and one that doesn't make it sound like that Necron was put in simply as a homage to the previous final fantasy's, doesn't count then?
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    So the use of numerous quotes and screenshots from the game doesn't count then? So the fact that he made a theory that actually made sense, and one that doesn't make it sound like that Necron was put in simply as a homage to the previous final fantasy's, doesn't count then?

SoS's theories may be well thought out but that doesn't automatically make him correct all the time. It may be nice and logical and lots of hooha, but what Square put in the game for the player and what the player makes from the game are different sometimes.

All I'm sayin' is, if we ran around giving credit to every long ass theory that had lots of thought put into it as accurate, we'd have Ultimecia being Kuja by now.

My only real thoughts on Necron (or the Darkness of Eternity. I always liked his original name better) is that his appearance at the end of the game makes sense to the theme of the game, rather than it's story.

That and it allowed the developers to throw in a killer Final Boss design rather than ending the game with boring old Trance Kuja

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I couldn't link to the theory to see if this guys theory is similiar to what I'm going to say so sorry if I'm repeating anything...

I don't remember the game ever giving him any motive outside of his speech when he first appears but I could have sworn he's basically hinted to at the villiage of the Summoners (forgive me, it's been ages since I played this game) If you read the writing on the wall, they tell a story about the summoners using the great crystal to summon in their experiments, and they brought forth a terrible evil that threated to destroy the world. They ended up using the great crystal to seal him within it, and they broke the crystal into four pieces so there would be no chance of his return.

That's why I thought Necron appears at the end cause Kuja restored the crystal and then destroyed it after he was defeated. I could be wrong though:rolleyes2

Articles
    Blog Entries

Necron is the god of both worlds who craeted life!

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post

SoS's theories may be well thought out but that doesn't automatically make him correct all the time. It may be nice and logical and lots of hooha, but what Square put in the game for the player and what the player makes from the game are different sometimes.
    But surely the theory that fills in the most plot holes without thinking of too many other questions is the best one?

and i only put the full text of it there, so that if the link didn't work, like what happened above, then people know what the hell we're talking about.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

If you read the writing on the wall, they tell a story about the summoners using the great crystal to summon in their experiments, and they brought forth a terrible evil that threated to destroy the world. They ended up using the great crystal to seal him within it, and they broke the crystal into four pieces so there would be no chance of his return.
    Who on the what, now? I really need to play this game again.

But surely the theory that fills in the most plot holes without thinking of too many other questions is the best one?
    The problem is that, despite how well it may work, there's no way of knowing if it is right. It's like Lunar said- what Square put in the game for the player and what the player makes from the game are different sometimes.

So basically, there's never going to be any point of this debate, because it's all going to be wrong, unless Square say anything else on the subject, which is unlikely.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

No, you just can't present it as gospel truth.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I like your theory, Ryűkishi. Seems very plausible.

And oh, the "HE CAME OUT OF NOWHERE!!!" is only true when you really don't feel about thinkign for a while.

For me, he could be two things:
    -The counterpart of life, ready to end existance when he was signed to do so. Like Ryűkishi said.
    -The Spiritual Core of the Iifa Tree. This was hinted by Garland.
    "All you saw was the psychical form of the tree" or something among those lines. We beat Soul Cage, the psychical form of the Iifa Tree. Garland's words hint at another form of Iifa, and Necron seems very plausbile for that, as he kinda shares some things with Garland. When Kuja killed Zidane and Co with Ultimate Ultima, they were sent to the Iifa Tree for their souls to be sorted, and so they came face to face with Necron.

Both seem pretty good theories for me. Iifa theory especially conects to the story.

And, let's face it: Did we really want it to end with an unimpressive-looking boss like Trance Kuja? He was cool and all, but no Final Boss. And letting him transform againwould kill it. Necron has all the looks and power that a Final Boss needs. Who cares for his story connection? (A lot of people, clearly.)

And his music rocks => Instant win. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I couldn't link to the theory to see if this guys theory is similiar to what I'm going to say so sorry if I'm repeating anything...

I don't remember the game ever giving him any motive outside of his speech when he first appears but I could have sworn he's basically hinted to at the villiage of the Summoners (forgive me, it's been ages since I played this game) If you read the writing on the wall, they tell a story about the summoners using the great crystal to summon in their experiments, and they brought forth a terrible evil that threated to destroy the world. They ended up using the great crystal to seal him within it, and they broke the crystal into four pieces so there would be no chance of his return.

That's why I thought Necron appears at the end cause Kuja restored the crystal and then destroyed it after he was defeated. I could be wrong though:rolleyes2
    I think that they are talking about Alexander, not Necron.

And IF Necron is a god or a cosmic being, that means that Zidane and the others are gods, because they deffeated him.

The theory that i had posted above was posted in this thread, and no-one made a fuss about it: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=91359

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz View Post
    He's the God of Terra and Gaia. And i love this Amano peice of him
    *sighs*

I wish necron had actually looked like that in the game instead of a mutated blue lobster man. He looks so much more imposing in that drawing. Same thing goes for amano's drawing of Garland.

He seems pretty random to me though. I mean sure, he's an homage and he states his purpose to zidane...but it's just so bloody random. And he stole yoda's quote about "fear leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" or whatever. That pretty much destroys any chance of my taking him seriously. As for functioning as a boss, he's a pretty good one and will bitch-slap you in a hurry if you were too lazy to learn all your abilities.

Kishi sounds right to me. It makes sense, especially his line when you kill him.