Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Necron......Filler or Final Boss?

And IF Necron is a god or a cosmic being, that means that Zidane and the others are gods, because they deffeated him.
    How does one become a god by merely making one cringe from battle? They didn't truly defeat Necron, he basically just got beat up to the point where he realized living things wanted to keep living, so he decided to just fade into the background for another million years or so till he received another sign that life was ready to end.

Really though defeating a god doesn't make you one, a god is an omnipotent being who is immortal in the sense of time. Where as Zidance and company will all be dead in the next hundred years, let alone if some big nasty monster comes out and just eats one of them. Hardly deities if you ask me.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    And IF Necron is a god or a cosmic being, that means that Zidane and the others are gods, because they deffeated him.
    How does one become a god by merely making one cringe from battle? They didn't truly defeat Necron, he basically just got beat up to the point where he realized living things wanted to keep living, so he decided to just fade into the background for another million years or so till he received another sign that life was ready to end.

Really though defeating a god doesn't make you one, a god is an omnipotent being who is immortal in the sense of time. Where as Zidance and company will all be dead in the next hundred years, let alone if some big nasty monster comes out and just eats one of them. Hardly deities if you ask me.
    Yeah, they don't deffeated him. Just because he blew up, doesn't mean that he is dead. :rolleyes2

Zidane and the others deffeated him. That means that Zidane and the others are gods, OR he isn't a god. I belive in the latter.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

Zidane and the others cannot defeat something that's so strong that it can end existence only tidus can

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Since when has blowing up mean something is dead. Especially with an omnipotent super being who is the embodiment of death itself? Hell if ANY explosin resulted in death in the FF universe FFIV is a goner. I mean god knows how he survived a several mile fall AND an explosin. Point being, Necron's last words are very ominous and don't outright mean he's dead.

As for the whole Zidane and co. being gods; Necron's god-hood is all a matter of opinion I suppose as there's no real set way to determine what is and isn't a god. I more so like to think of Necron as a force of nature that is god-like in the fact that unlike regular forces of nature it is self-aware of it's surroundings and possesses some sort of a physical form, though I wouldn't be surprized to think in the realms that Necron is exsist beyond a physical limitations since after all he basically is death itself. But regardless of whether Necron is a god or not, defeating a god does not make ones self a god. If the christian God where to come down to Earth in some sort of physical form and I fought him and defeated him, I'ld still die when someone shot me with a gun through my head. Or got a life threatening injury or disease of some sorts. And I'm still not outside the realms of time and age. Just because I can defeat what we call a god doesn't mean I automatically assume the role of a deity, ascend into the heavens, gain immortality, and counsciousness far beyond that or any mortals comprehension. In fact I'm just a regular Joe on the street like everyone else. Same for Zidane and them. They beat a god/god-like being yet they are just regurlar people. No sort of super wisdom bestowed on them. No powers to control the forces of nature and matter. Heck not even immortality, unless I missed it I do believe in fact (SPOILER)Vivi one of the supposed "gods" now dies in the end. Though I could of somehow just missed him amoung all the other little buggers he spawned. But my interpretation of the end was that Vivi died by the end.

I think I'll stop for now as that was quite a bit to type and think of. If I continue I'll probably repeat myself and end up with a few yo'momma lines by the end when I've run dry on material. >.>

Pink Grin

Never thought of THAT before.....
    "A mortal!? ...I'm finished? I don't believe you! Why should I believe such a silly story! You're telling me that I'll die soon, now that I'm more powerful than anyone? I'm gonna... die!? Lose my soul...? Ha... hahahahahaha! What comedy! Zidane, isn't it hilarious!? I'll die just like the black mages I so despise! I single-handedly brought chaos into Gaia, but in the end, I'm nothing but a worthless doll!" (Kuja)

Necron: You stand before the final dimension, and I am the
    darkness of eternity...

Zidane: Wh-Who are you!?

Necron: All life bears death from birth. Life fears death, but
    lives only to die. It starts with anxiety. Anxiety becomes fear. Fear
    leads to anger...anger leads to hate...hate leads to suffering... The only
    cure for this fear is total destruction. Kuja was a victim of his own
    fear. He concluded he could only save himself by destroying the origin
    of all things-the crystal.

Zidane: What the heck are you talking about? Why are you telling me
    this?

Necron: ...Now, the theory is undeniable. Kuja's action proves it.
    All things live to perish. At last, life has uncovered this truth. Now,
    it is time to end this world.

Zidane: Wh-What do you mean by that!?

Necron: I exist for one purpose... To return everything back to
    the zero world, where there is no life and no crystal to give life. In
    a world of nothing, fear does not exist. This is the world that all
    life desires.
    Doesnt sound like a god to me, gods have a tendancy to create things and like to be worshipped, not return things to a zero world (i.e. a void, like space).

Once beaten, Necron says:

Why defy your fate? Is the will to live that powerful...?
    This is not the end.
    I am eternal...
    ...as long as their is life and death...
    So he wasnt killed cuz he's immortal. I had heard speculation once before that garland actually created necron, but i dont see how garland would be able to make something immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulRonin View Post
    Necron: All life bears death from birth. Life fears death, butlives only to die. It starts with anxiety. Anxiety becomes fear. Fear leads to anger...anger leads to hate...hate leads to suffering...
    I never realized Necron sounded just like Yoda.

Quote Originally Posted by Timerk View Post
    XD that's what one of my friends, who's a Star Wars fanatic, said when he was me fighting Necron one day. I never realised it up until he pointed it out. And that was like my 5th time through him too. Geez I must just be slow or something. >.>

The fact is that Necron was deffeated. He would not blew up himself, without any reason. Zidane and the others made him blow up, because they deffeated him. If he is THAT poweful, like some people are saying, he would not be deffeated by Zidane and the others. He would just use his full power to kill them instantlly. But he didn't do it, because he is not THAT powerful. He is not a god.
    To say the truth, i belive in the theory of Squall of Seed, that Necron is the core of the Iifa Tree, created by Garland.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    He would just use his full power to kill them instantlly. But he didn't do it, because he is not THAT powerful.
    Of course he didn't do that, because if he did then the game would of ended right then and there with white engulfing the screen (maybe black) and the words 'Game Over' as everyone died. It's a game they can't ever one shot the heros to death no matter how powerful they are. It makes for a bad ending and selling of merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    He would just use his full power to kill them instantlly. But he didn't do it, because he is not THAT powerful.
    Of course he didn't do that, because if he did then the game would of ended right then and there with white engulfing the screen (maybe black) and the words 'Game Over' as everyone died. It's a game they can't ever one shot the heros to death no matter how powerful they are. It makes for a bad ending and selling of merchandise.
    This is an out-of-game explanation. But what is the in-game explanation for Necron's deffeat? The explanations are: a) He is a god that was deffeated by beings more powerful than him(that means, other gods). b) He is not a god and was deffeated by mortal beings that have more power than him.

I really don't belive that Zidane and the others are gods, so, i choose B.

Since when do you have to be a god to defeat one? (Though I'm not stating Necron is a god, more of a generic question here outside FFIX. Just wanted to clear it up before people ripped me a new one saying I switched points all of a sudden. >.>) Isn't it possible that you can defeat a god without being one yourself. FF's are always about the underdogs coming out against the ultimate evil. You should watch Eden's Bowy sometime, it's all about god killers and gods. It's basically this entire debate only in anime form. Though in the end a (semi) regular person defeats a god just through sheer will of wishing to defeat the tyrant being, yet is nothing more then Zidane and company. Just a skilled warrior who challenged deities.

But what is the in-game explanation for Necron's deffeat?
    Since when do we need in-game explanations for everything in an FF? If your going to be so picky about one incident towards the end, then you might as well begin at the start and work out all the logical flaws the game has. In the end it's a game so real explanations arn't always needed, nor used since they would detract from the game. Like how Kuja waited till he was defeated to use Ultima, or how he waited politely for the party to beat Deathguise then let you run off and do whatever, come back, and then fight him rather then just destroying the crystal and ending his mission right then and there. There's so many logical flaws that you shouldn't honestly get angry about one when there's so many more to take it's place when you've debated over how to explain it. In the end it's a game and so not everything is explained. Look at GoGo from FFV and VI, he's just GoGo, simple enough, nothing more, nothing less. Just something thrown into the game to add to it rather then have it explained.

I will probalbly start taking The Crystal more seriously when they learn that Defeat and Defeated has only one F not two.

But anyway my views are that he is not a God. He is more powerful than a regular human being but not a God. To me he is just an entity that has no real form but he can use his power to create a physical form to bestow a portion of his powers to for a limited time. Otherwise if he had of used his full power then he could have just sent Zidane and the crew straight to the Ozone and said "Oh look I guess they weren't strong enough after all." But that is just my opinion so I don't care if people don't think that. Also if it is a little difficult to understand then sorry but it was kinda difficult to put into words.

Quote Originally Posted by Timerk View Post
    XD that's what one of my friends, who's a Star Wars fanatic, said when he was me fighting Necron one day. I never realised it up until he pointed it out. And that was like my 5th time through him too. Geez I must just be slow or something. >.>
    lmao, you people are slow. I noticed it the first time i played and i just started laughing at the guy. All this creepy background noise of wailing souls or whatever, and then he pulls out Yoda's lines. xD

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    I will probalbly start taking The Crystal more seriously when they learn that Defeat and Defeated has only one F not two.

But anyway my views are that he is not a God. He is more powerful than a regular human being but not a God. To me he is just an entity that has no real form but he can use his power to create a physical form to bestow a portion of his powers to for a limited time. Otherwise if he had of used his full power then he could have just sent Zidane and the crew straight to the Ozone and said "Oh look I guess they weren't strong enough after all." But that is just my opinion so I don't care if people don't think that. Also if it is a little difficult to understand then sorry but it was kinda difficult to put into words.
    I agree. He isnt a god, he's just a powerful being, and i like your idea of him just creating a physical body. It makes sense, because when you defeat him he implodes but he says he wont die, etc.

And all this "a regular guy can/cant kill a god" talk...it reminds me of Hercules. I cant recall if that guy actually killed any gods or not, but i know he beat up on alot of other mythical baddies that posed gods some problems. Now you could say that doesnt work, cuz hercules had superhuman strength....but aren't zidane and co. about the same? Lookit all they defeated.

You know, i think Square just threw necron in at the end to confuse people and make them have silly debates like this for years to come.

Personally I like an explanation that I believe Sephiroth1999AD came up with. That throughout the game a big theme was villians turning good. Pretty much every enemy you fought throughout the game turned good sooner or later or at least had thier good moments at the end, even Kuja was like that. But they needed a true type of final villian, one who wasn't the redeemable kind. Necron as has already been established wasn't like a person; he basically is death itself. So what better way to end the game, then rather then fighting the villian who ends up becoming good and atoning for thier sins, then by throwing in the force of death as the ultimate evil to overcome.

The thread he said all that in should still be around somewhere. Though he did put it in a much better sounding way then I did, and had it make better sense. >.>