Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Necron......Filler or Final Boss?

Default Necron......Filler or Final Boss?

What's the point of Necron? You beat Kuj (A.K.A the Crossdresser) Then HE appears....What's the point of adding him in without any kinda explanation? :kaodizzy:
    "A mortal!? ...I'm finished? I don't believe you! Why should I believe such a silly story! You're telling me that I'll die soon, now that I'm more powerful than anyone? I'm gonna... die!? Lose my soul...? Ha... hahahahahaha! What comedy! Zidane, isn't it hilarious!? I'll die just like the black mages I so despise! I single-handedly brought chaos into Gaia, but in the end, I'm nothing but a worthless doll!" (Kuja)

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's a homage to the deus ex machina final bosses of the earlier games in the series.

Never knew that......So.....but still....is he explained AT ALL?!?
    "A mortal!? ...I'm finished? I don't believe you! Why should I believe such a silly story! You're telling me that I'll die soon, now that I'm more powerful than anyone? I'm gonna... die!? Lose my soul...? Ha... hahahahahaha! What comedy! Zidane, isn't it hilarious!? I'll die just like the black mages I so despise! I single-handedly brought chaos into Gaia, but in the end, I'm nothing but a worthless doll!" (Kuja)

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, not really. At least a few people will most likely post a link to a convoluted and complex but ultimately non-canon theory explaining him, but he's nothing but a force of nature.

Why do you think that?:rolleyes2 Maybe Necron DOEs have a significant purpose explained in the game...and I havent found it yet......

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If he had a purpose or motive beyond being a surprising, symbolic final boss, then there would be something in the game somewhere to indicate that. Not vague theories made up by people with too much time on their hands.

*yawn*

Hmmmmmm....maybe.....SO....is Necron worthy of the title of final boss for final fantasy 9?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes. He has a neat name (in both the Japanese and English versions of the game his name represents the theme of death and darkness and what-not), neat attacks (a celestial explosion of doom and a flashy status-inducing spell), and a neat appearance.

Yeah....he rocks! I love his attacks but he's SO hard!!!!!

actually, there is a point to him, as explained in the first part of this guide: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/f...sy_ix_plot.txt

Here it is in full:

<No.>
    Last edited by Kawaii Ryűkishi; 12-18-2006 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Link didn't work; forgot to bloody credit it.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

He's the God of Terra and Gaia. And i love this Amano peice of him

Yellow Winged Angel

I can't possibly read all that so I'll just quote this here:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    He's a homage to the deus ex machina final bosses of the earlier games in the series.

I didn't mind Necron being the final boss. The ending movie is a sweet-wrap up of the game rather Necron or Elmo is the last battle you fight, so what's the deal.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Wow you're really knowledgeable about this game aren't you jammi567?

Yellow Winged Angel

Actually, it's not me. i forgot to credit it to: Glenn Morrow/Squall of SeeD
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    No, not really. At least a few people will most likely post a link to a convoluted and complex but ultimately non-canon theory explaining him, but he's nothing but a force of nature.
    So it doesn't matter how detailed or lengthly Squall of SeeD's essays are, they aren't canon. I just don't understand what's so hard to accept about Necron being a homage, considering that the rest of the game is so chock full of nostalgia and references. This isn't FFVII. This isn't FFVIII. This is FFIX. FFIX is easy to understand.