Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Big Disappointments

Default The Big Disappointments

I know this topic has been done already but it was quite a while ago so I decided to make a new thread.

What game(s) did you have high hopes for, but in the end turn out to be complete crap?

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Final Fantasy X-2.

Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness

Hide and Seek. Houses these days just don't have enough nooks and crannies.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. I was hoping that the sequel to the original KOTOR would be the video game equivalent to The Empire Strikes Back but it wasn't.

Before you guys say 'KOTOR 2 wasn't that bad of a game' let me make one thing clear...The Empire Strikes Back is arguably the best Star Wars movie ever.

And The Sith Lords is far from being the best Star Wars game ever it's more like the KOTOR version of the infamous, Revenge of the Sith.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 12-19-2006 at 07:50 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Final Fantasy X, I reserved it and everything. It's premise was good it started off wonderfully and then BAM! 40 hours of me wondering why I should give a damn about the worst ensemble of characters ever assembled into an RPG. The first thing I said when the credits started to roll was "Thank God".

Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter. I loved 2, 3 was quite entertaining, though i havn't gotten very far yet, so I had High hopes for Dragon Quarter. One of the most horible games I've ever paid for it was.

FF VIII and X were big le tdowns, especially VIII. Worst FF Ever, and before someone says mystic quest was teh worst, at least that game was enjoyable, albight extremely easy.

Suiokuden IV, or however its spelled. After hereing such great things about it, I thought it would rock hard. However it sucked horribly, but I'll take everyones word that it was just a bad egg in the series and try V when I can.

Also Disgaia 2, it was enterataining, but failed in comparason to Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Most recently, Prey, Ninety-Nine Nights, and Chromehounds come to mind. I was hoping each would be fun, with the exceptino of N3, had a shot at becoming the next big thing for my friends and I on Xbox Live. But they all turned out to kind of suck.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Chrono Cross and Suikoden IV.

Bushido Blade 2
    Grandia Xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Final Fantasy X, I reserved it and everything. It's premise was good it started off wonderfully and then BAM! 40 hours of me wondering why I should give a damn about the worst ensemble of characters ever assembled into an RPG. The first thing I said when the credits started to roll was "Thank God".
    Generally, when you can't stand a game so much that you actually thank the gods at its completion, you shouldn't be playing it to the point where you do complete it.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

None, if you have no expectations then you can't be dissapointed. Nothing ever happens as expected.

EDIT: smurf that, every single DBZ game.
    jkhkjg

FF VIII and FFTA come to mind. But then theres Golden Sun..and when FFII finally came to America that was dissappointing....

Had such high hopes that were let down...
    If I were a Final Fantasy Boss, I would be named something cool like Super-Ultra-Foxtrot-Omega Weapon or something cool like that...

Prince of Persia: Warrior within

None of the FFs have ever let me down. Good thing I havnt played FFX-2.