Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Judges on Leviathan

Default Two Judges on Leviathan

OK, so I get through this aggrivating stage and i arrive in the center room where the two judges fight you. Vaan is 11, the others are 9 and 8. I can't seem to kill not even one of these guys. iI have 1 phoenix down (2 if i go through and collect items but end up going through them red lazers) But even with 2+ more, i can't seem to figure out how to kill these two beefed up judges.

My point: I need help kickin' these two judges out of the way. lol

edit: Also, I'd like to know how you guys did it.

The chocobo network is undergoing some technical dificulties.

I had problems the first time too.. But then i just grinded 6 levels which didn't take long and there ya go.

There is some good stuff in this thread that might help:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=96366

I am assuming you are talking about the boss, (SPOILER)Ghis? Or just the battles leading up to him? Either way, that thread has some good advice.

level 9? come on.... you need way more than that. Try again when you're level 14 or something.

...what the hell are you doing on the Leviathin at levels under 14?

I mean, it's not like I'm trying to be rude, but honestly... you should run around, trip the alarms, and kill absolutely everything you can and level yourself up to around Vossler's level. I mean, the fight you're on right now is nothing compared to where this thing is headed.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

Fight off a handful of enemies, then return to the Save Crystal. Despite the alarms and flashing screen, there is no time limit or reason to rush. Just keep repeating it until your levels are high enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarCotoron View Post
    ...what the hell are you doing on the Leviathin at levels under 14?

I mean, it's not like I'm trying to be rude, but honestly... you should run around, trip the alarms, and kill absolutely everything you can and level yourself up to around Vossler's level. I mean, the fight you're on right now is nothing compared to where this thing is headed.
    One of the things about XII is you have to take time to specifically grind up levels, and if you are not used to that, it is very easy to get to the Leviathan at low levels.

I would think that using deductive reasoning avoids things like this. "Huh, I wonder why Vossler is level 16-he's really badass to be traveling around with me."

That reflects a lot more on you than it does me. Seeing the future isn't all that hard when it's right there, in front of your face.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarCotoron View Post
    I would think that using deductive reasoning avoids things like this. "Huh, I wonder why Vossler is level 16-he's really badass to be traveling around with me."

That reflects a lot more on you than it does me. Seeing the future isn't all that hard when it's right there, in front of your face.
    Vossler, like other guests, has a level that is reflective of you, not the enemies in the area.

I believe he would always be a higher level then your party when he joins, so I don't really see your point.

Seriously-they used a scaling level system for the NPC's? I mean, they've been doing that for years, sure, but I normally don't get NPCs that are eight levels ahead of my party when they use a scaling system. Then again, I get lost and spend extra time doing things, so I was about lvl 14-16 after leaving the tomb.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Music here is fighting the two judges just before you (SPOILER)rescue Lady Ashe and not the finale battle with (SPOILER)Judge Ghis.

It's definately nothing that extra LP, levels, and better gear wouldn't solve. Which reminds me...

Isn't lvl 11 a little early in the game to post for help? I mean, if you were in the mid 20's and such, I'd say we need to go in there and tweak your gambits because it's not working.

Incidentally, tweaking your gambits might help. At that point in the game, because resources are very limited, a couple of the ones I liked were:
    Foe HP = Critical Attack
    HP=Critical First Aid
    HP <50% Cure

Also, be aware that your characters will try to do the gambits at the top of the list as their first priority. I'm not sure if Foe HP = Critical is even available yet, so don't be shocked if you don't have it.

And while we're on the topic here, if you're going for a challenge, I do believe you can get through the area even at your level. you're just going to have to bring your best possible game... and the fight at the end is going to be total hell.

beat em i tried a dif strategy last night and it worked perfectly and yeah it was the first one i was talkin about. i think i'm lvl 12 or 13 now. It's fun

The chocobo network is undergoing some technical dificulties.

Nicely done, man!

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    level 9? come on.... you need way more than that. Try again when you're level 14 or something.
    lies.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have found a good "rule of thumb" for FFXII to match the level of the guest in your party. "Lamont" was level 13 on Lhusu mines, right before the Leviathan mission, so you should have been at least 13 to finish Lhusu. And 18 to get to the Sandseas (after Leviathan).

Considering you did beat the Ba'ganman guys and finished Lhusu at level 9 you must have some good tricks up your sleeve. Care to share them ?
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Uhm, you can run away from Ba'gamnan and his crew. I took Balthier's advice and beat it as quickly as I could. I wasn't staying to fight a battle in which I was THAT outnumbered!