Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Blond character revealed

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Oh, you people. Lightning looks exactly like a Yoshida design, and if his name was slapped on it she'd be brilliant instead of "same ol' same ol' ". Bandwagon Nomura hatred, wheeeee~

Not too much to see, but something new is something new I guess ... I want his hat
    I like Lightning.

The other fellow, however, is lame.

This fellow is okay!~

I thought Balthier was lame, too, when I first saw him. Look how that turned out.

Is her name seriously going to be lightning?

Everytime I learn more of squeenix's antics my heart cracks alittle.

And all I have to say, is that the designs for the characters in this game seem to look alot like the character designs that random people do on Deviant Art. Overly done detail and clothing designs that make no sense when you would try to make them. Not that I don't think Lightning looks kind of cool, just more so unrealistic, I think after FFIX the designs started sliding into the 'looking cool' instead of 'looking like you could actually wear these'

Sigh. I guess everything is about looks these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post

Everytime I learn more of squeenix's antics my heart cracks alittle.

And all I have to say, is that the designs for the characters in this game seem to look alot like the character designs that random people do on Deviant Art. Overly done detail and clothing designs that make no sense when you would try to make them. Not that I don't think Lightning looks kind of cool, just more so unrealistic, I think after FFIX the designs started sliding into the 'looking cool' instead of 'looking like you could actually wear these'

Sigh. I guess everything is about looks these days.
    I hear that. Though I think the designs more so slipped when Nomura became head character design. He's had a few good designs over the years, but he's already repeating himself and just making clones with new "cooler" stuff that honestly looks more stupid then his last idea.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Garnet's skin-tight orange unitard looked neither cool nor like something I would ever want to wear.

Hey now, I liked Garnet's outfit. I thought she looked hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Unfortunately it seems like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    The girl who was shown in the original E3 trailer is known as Lightning.
    Link to full article.

At least she's not named Wakka. Or Fran. Or Mash. Or Relm. Or one of any number of stupid Final Fantasy names.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    At least she's not named Wakka. Or Fran. Or Mash. Or Relm. Or one of any number of stupid Final Fantasy names.
    Hey now Fran is a real life name. Wakka is cool cause it reminds me of pac-man XD. Relm was a nifty fantasy name too. Mash...well as we all know that was the mistranslation and Sabin was the real name. >.>

Fran is a real name for an old lady.

And I'd rather play as a character named "Anal Leakage" than "Teedus"

whatever happened to the creative names? I mean, lightning... that's worse than Cloud. Oh well, i'll just wait for some better quality images of this guy. He's looking a little disappointing to me since he's blond and has a bandana and wears a gray cloak similar to Seifer's.

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

I pronounced it Tide-us. It sounds better and looks like it works better. But anyways, I don't understand why people are shutting this game down already. There's been one Trailer.......ONE! Now go on and hug all your game cartridges because FF is going to continue in the way they seem fit. Oh, and Final Fantasy XII is like the 3rd worst FF in history and I'm still looking forward to XIII.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Mo' like one of the best. Suckah.

And Tide-us is wrong.

New guy looks like a.....a hippie. Heck, it may just be me but doesn't he look like a hippie? Dang.

And hey, I like this 'cloudette'--kicks ass, wears clothes that are not skin-tight, wields a sword; what's not to like?

Fran is a real name for an old lady.

He has a point--fran is a name for an old lady "And behold the mighty, FRAN!!!" ......Nope, it just doesn't sound right.

every time I look at that 2nd part I laugh.

I hear that. Though I think the designs more so slipped when Nomura became head character design. He's had a few good designs over the years, but he's already repeating himself and just making clones with new "cooler" stuff that honestly looks more stupid then his last idea.
    Well, it seems to me that he got famous on making one of the most famous FF characters of all time. Completley fits the criteria of 'good looking'. An ideal person, one might say. Now, people are looking for that same design again. It's expected of him to do so. Go with what works--the only way to be sure that you'll stay in buisness. You'll see Nomura as the head of character design for many years to come, I believe.

But at least they're improving on the clothing a little, you have to admit. I mean, who the hell would go into battle wearing a leotard? Or a dress? It's plain retarded. Practical clothing, we're starting to see more of. That's good. That's very good. I wish for them to pursue this. Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post

Oh, you're such a drama queen <3

This frightens me. The more that is revealed about XIII the more everybody seems to hate it, and we barely even know anything about it yet. If everybody hates what Final Fantasy has become this much, then why are y'all bothering to play it anymore.