Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Blond character revealed

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    This frightens me. The more that is revealed about XIII the more everybody seems to hate it, and we barely even know anything about it yet. If everybody hates what Final Fantasy has become this much, then why are y'all bothering to play it anymore.
    Mainly for the odd occasion when it returns to proper form.

Aww, but you can't hate it before ya give it a go . All we know is one female character and half a face with a hat . Though the team certainly dictates it will be more like X than XII, still... It's kinda early to make predictions about how the game will turn out.

And all this stuff about character designs. I know people who had no idea XII had a different character designer at all. For the most part, characters like Ashe and Syndey just get left alone, but characters like this new XIII lady or Sephiroth get lots of heat when they aren't even that far apart in look.

Ah, well. I think VI,VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII are all brilliant in their own ways, so maybe I'm just weird about the whole situation or something

You're a freak for waiting for a game to be more than a quarter finished before judging it.

A blonde Final Fantasy character? I think I just my pants with surprise.

Articles
    Blog Entries

He certaintly looks okay by what I see but Squenix, SHOCK US!

Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII13 View Post
    He certaintly looks okay by what I see but Squenix, SHOCK US!
    Well the main characters name is Lightning.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wow, good add-in comment. So, I stand shocked.

This is exactly like what was happening when Final Fantasy XII was announced. Everyone was moaning and whining about "the end of Final Fantasy as we know it", bashing the character designs, bashing the story, bashing the system. Look at how that turned out!! Perfect review from Famitsu and many others, and even X-Play liked it. Granted FFXII didn't have the Nomura name attached to it to attract the hatred of better-than-thou old school FF fans, but still.

Amano is a genius character designer, I will definitely admit that. I absolutely love the old-school games and my favorite FF is IX. But Nomura makes up for his somewhat lacking character design with his touch for story. Let's complete ignore the travesty of Kingdom Hearts II and forcus on the original. I mean, that was a killer story. I like the fact that Nomura has a heavy hand in Fabula Nova Crystallis's world and story formation.

I'm so sick of the Nomura hatred. People whined when he took over and he cranked out Final Fantasy VII, and people still didn't like him. He started Kingdom Hearts and people whined that it would be terrible, and turned out to be amazing. I'll admit that I'm worried about X-2's director handling this, but I think he learned from his mistakes, and honestly most of the bad things about that game probably werent his fault. /endrant

Also, I'm looking forward to another "emo" Final Fantasy plot. It's just not the same without it. The political thing with XII is cool, but I liked the tear-jerking power of Nomura's games.

Please don't double post. Use the Edit button to add information to a previously made post. Thanks! ~ Zeromus

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by lordmakalpine View Post
    This is exactly like what was happening when Final Fantasy XII was announced. Everyone was moaning and whining about "the end of Final Fantasy as we know it", bashing the character designs, bashing the story, bashing the system. Look at how that turned out!! Perfect review from Famitsu and many others, and even X-Play liked it. Granted FFXII didn't have the Nomura name attached to it to attract the hatred of better-than-thou old school FF fans, but still.
    Actually, as far as EoFF was concerned, many people hyped up FFXII as amazing and fantastic years before the game was released. And when those first few images were released, most people at EoFF were pleased with what they saw. So yeah. I dunno about the rest of the internet, but almost as soon as FFXII was announced certain EoFFers proclaimed that it was gonna be the best FF ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmakalpine View Post
    Actually, as far as EoFF was concerned, many people hyped up FFXII as amazing and fantastic years before the game was released. And when those first few images were released, most people at EoFF were pleased with what they saw. So yeah. I dunno about the rest of the internet, but almost as soon as FFXII was announced certain EoFFers proclaimed that it was gonna be the best FF ever.
    i remember some members used to complain about Ashe's overly large behind or at certain times, "moldy butt" there were also people that said ashe looked a lot like yuna. But i guess the majority was pleased like you said. However, those comments are pretty funny

i'm gonna wait for more info about this game. It looks pretty cool since Nomura is behind this and he worked on two of my fav FFs (also the first two i played) i guess i can give this game a chance or two.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post

And I'd rather play as a character named "Anal Leakage" than "Teedus"
    Oh, you're such a drama queen <3

This frightens me. The more that is revealed about XIII the more everybody seems to hate it, and we barely even know anything about it yet. If everybody hates what Final Fantasy has become this much, then why are y'all bothering to play it anymore.
    Exactly, I dont see the point of whining. Ive liked every Final Fantasy except Final Fantasy X-2, but I wasnt expecting much from that so I couldnt even be dissapointed. Amano didnt have much of a job for the ACTUAL games, since they were all 2d and his drawings dont exactly come across. His artwork is amazing. I also like Nomura, he makes good storylines and yes, while his character designs repeat themselves slighlty (so do Amano's and Yoshida's), I still like them very much.

This picture doesnt show us much though. I hope the new trailer gets released for the public soon.
    Last edited by Croyles; 12-22-2006 at 10:13 PM.

Still i wonder what this ones called
    The other one's called Lightning so an elmental name would fit.
    Then again he could be called Cid
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by The black mage View Post
    Still i wonder what this ones called
    The other one's called Lightning so an elmental name would fit.
    Then again he could be called Cid
    magnet? gravity? Blizzard maybe the trend would break in this one but from the look of this trailer, i think it's gonna be another one of those futuristic, matrix-type games

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    but from the look of this trailer, i think it's gonna be another one of those futuristic, matrix-type games
    So it's going to be another one of those games no one gets after 10 years of play and concludes was created based on one big acid trip?
    This space intentionally left blank.

basically, unless the ps3 suddenly drops its price and this move innovating info is released for this game since right now, it's rather disappointing.