View Poll Results: How would you like to develop your characters in this game?(stats and ability-wise)

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fixed Jobs

13 50.00%
  • Job System

3 11.54%
  • Complete freedom of development(similar to FF XII's Licence Grid)

6 23.08%
  • other

4 15.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you like to develop your characters in this game?(stats and ability-wise)

Default How would you like to develop your characters in this game?(stats and ability-wise)

How would you like to develop your characters(stats and ability-wise)in this game? Personally, I would like to see characters with fixed jobs. FF IV, IX, and XII:RW are the only FFs with fixed jobs. Though, I don't mind developing my own characters, we need more FFs with characters with fixed jobs.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Fixed jobs~

Take this Lightning chica from the trailer for instance. I'd never make her something like a White Mage just from what I've seen. She'd always be a Gunner or Warrior or such. So for me, they'll end up with fixed jobs no matter what if you can designate them.

I really don't want a system where they can all be the same again D:<

Articles
    Blog Entries

Fixed jobs. Warriors, White Mages, Black Mages, Red Mages, Blue Mages, Green Mages, Thieves, Dragoons, Monks, Paladins, Dark Knights, and all that jazz, I want it back!

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Fixed Jobs?
    Not exactly.
    Different Stat Growth.
    Last edited by Hyperion4444; 09-10-2007 at 02:21 AM.

I would probably do complete freedom even thogh I've been wanting a Fighter, Black Mage, White Mage. But for me thats too basic.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd want a hybrid system. Basically fixed jobs but a way to further develope them. Perhaps something similiar to Xenosaga Episode 3 but expanded upon in greater detail.

Basically you would have a warrior character but you can develope them to have high defense and a high counter rate or you can make them a pure speed and offense type character. Basically it's the same class but you can make them more personalized. It would be even better if you get skill choices and they are irreversible. So say you can raise either their defense by 3 points or their attack by 2. Once you choose one, you can never get the other back. None of this power leveling so you can 'have your cake and eat it too" scenarios' like FFX and XII.

Another cool idea would be to have pre-set jobs but you get an optional secondary sub job. Once again, it's a one shot deal so if you decide you only need the one white mage they supply you with then that's your choice.

Basically, I've been playing too much MegaTen, so I need more RPGs where your choices have a significant impact. It's getting to the point where if an Rpg doesn't give me a choice I may end up restarting the game, for then it's not worth my time.

I don't really want to see any system from previous games brought back except perhaps job classes.

Oddly enough, it's gameplay that has me intrigued the most about XIII.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think what I've preferred most in the series is games where each character does have individual strengths and an apprent job/sub-job but there is no requirement for you to develop them that way. I guess like VII, Cloud as Knight/Black Mage, Tifa - Monk, Cid - Dragoon, etc. and you can find materia to correspond to those - but you don't have to.

So i voted for other.

I want something completely new,a character system that doesn't remind me of previous FF's.

I would like to see a system,where your character (or party) development are based on in-game actions you choose for these characters...
    For example the answers at questions npc's are asking you could help develop the personality and "job" of each character.
    I would love to be able to create the personalities of my group and make them go down a path where i will not be able to know how they will end up.
    Just like real life where we don't know how people will end up right from the start...This could also help to have multiple story endings.

FFXIII will be on PS3,a very powerful machine and i really hope it's developers will not focus only on pretty graphics but also aim for a fully developed world where environments,npc's and other aspects could trully affect the way your party and the story developes.

custom stats.

At least as an unlockable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    How would you like to develop your characters(stats and ability-wise)in this game? Personally, I would like to see characters with fixed jobs. FF IV, IX, and XII:RW are the only FFs with fixed jobs. Though, I don't mind developing my own characters, we need more FFs with characters with fixed jobs.
    What is FFIX then?

A bastard son, unwanted and unloved?

EDIT: Oh wait, you did mention FFIX. Maybe that says something about my mind.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

I would like really like to say Fixed Jobs, but then I remember how Square-Enix is bad on making a fixed job system on a Final Fantasy.
    (Funny, other games are perfect with fixed jobs)
    There's just something about FF...
    Lack of custom skills.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I think what I've preferred most in the series is games where each character does have individual strengths and an apprent job/sub-job but there is no requirement for you to develop them that way. I guess like VII, Cloud is smurfing broken, Tifa - Monk, Cid - Dragoon, etc. and you can find materia to correspond to those - but you don't have to.

So i voted for other.
    I fixed it for you cause Cloud is just freaking good at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    What's the point of posting this? It doesn't say how the characters will learn their abilities

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I'd like a freedom to develop my chars, but also I want stats increasing, by our own management.

Oh, it is fun if I can make my own cool weapon, from "the strongest" weapon we know, such as Ultima and so on ,to become more stronger weapon using combination item and magic. But of course, it will be hard to get ;p, unless using gameshark.. (and I will never use it!)

I'd like a more stronger monster growth after 100 level, and also our level and stats. in another words, unlimited stats! it is boring to fight in the same tactics, same level (stuck level).