Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A feat of immense co-ordination.

Default A feat of immense co-ordination.

So today, in class, my teacher asked me at a quiet moment if I thought I was a co-ordinated person. I replied "Yes, definetly." So asked me to join him over at the chalkboard and asked me to draw a circle. I did so, and he said "No problem, right?"

Then he asked me to draw a square. I did so, and again he repeated "No problem, right?

But then, he asked me to draw both a circle and square at the same (one with each hand). I thought it might be a bit of a challenge, but that I would probably be able to do it. When I attempted it, I found that it was actually impossible for me to do. All of the other class members found it impossible as well; one guy managed a decent circle and a deformed square, but that was the best anyone could manage.

Topic: So I'm asking you all, Eoffers, can you do this? Now normally the best way to do this would be with two peices of chalk on a chalkboard like I attempted, but hopefully you'll find a way to do it with regular drawing impliments on paper. After you do so, tell us how well you did, and if you have the time and ability to post your picture with a scanner and an uploading site, please do so.

You can try as many times as you want, but don't cheat!

EDIT: The square and circle have to be seperate, and you have to use both hands, or it's too easy.
    Last edited by Vincent, Thunder God; 12-19-2006 at 12:44 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Good question, i'll give it a try.

Str8 Pimpin'

Done it make teh square and circle one... as in one line...I canot explain it no better than that make the square and circle one...yesh.
    Chuckles I guess I will help. But it will cost you your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfortunateSilence View Post
    Done it make teh square and circle one... as in one line...I canot explain it no better than that make the square and circle one...yesh.
    I think I know what you mean. I just edited my post in realization that the way you did it, by combining the two, is probably too easy.

I can! Doing it slowly though.

Oh wait, I thought we meant draw a circle with one hand and a square with another right?

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    I can! Doing it slowly though.

Oh wait, I thought we meant draw a circle with one hand and a square with another right?
    Yes, that's it.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's dawned on me quite clearly that your teacher has never learned basic Geometry.

Ohh, the American public school system.

EDIT: Ohh, you mean using both the left hand and the right hand? That's entirely possible.

ADDITION: Two tries. I don't have a scanner, but it can be done.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Slightly wriggly circle, but yeah, it can be done. I find it easier when I don't concentrate on the circle at all. Obviously it wasn't a perfect circle, though. But it joined at the right area and it was close to the same height and width.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Mine sort of look like...a Kindergarten class vomited some shapes onto a page. Well, I already knew I wasn't coordinated, but I'll file this proof away.

Edit: I'm too lazy to try it more than once, so that could be my problem.

Darn it
    Sadly, since I have a habit to do stuff until I get it right, Ill have to do it until I can lol

Just do it in 4ths. Do a line on the square while drawing a 4th of the circle. Rinse and repeat.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Surprisingly enough, doing it in sections makes it slightly harder.

I really can't do this at all. They both end up looking like some freaky square that existed before 90 degree angles were discovered (ie, no corners )...

I blame my left hand, its awful at most things...

I did it the circle looks little wriggly, but the square is good.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

Two tries. easy job. The circle is a little like an egg, but the sqaure is good.