Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have no words

Yep. Sounds like Rampart is the ability to use against AV. Cant wait till I fight it
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

There are a lot of reasons this wouldn't help with AV at all.

1) AV casts Meteor more often than the ability timers are up.

2) Meteor cast is nearly instant so there's essentially no prep time.

3) Meteor AoE is so big that there would essentially be nowhere for any DD to stand. As soon as DD got close enough to hit or nuke AV he would do isnta-Meteor and wipe everyone even if the tank could survive.

4) Meteor isn't the biggest problem. AV uses a ton of other things like Aeroga V that will wipe you just as badly as Meteor.

5) Even if you could survive Meteor and do damage, unless his 2hrs can be locked, it is just a matter of time before he uses Benediction and completely erases any work you've put into him.

The only thing that will make AV beatable on a regular basis, is for SE to stop 'fixing' him every time a group seems to figure him out. As soon as people made a connection of how to lock his abilities and 2hrs and started doing it regularly, the November update came and since then nobody has been able to replicate what so many LSs were doing before then.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, isn't that the point? Isn't he supposed to be the ultimate beat all end all boss? If people are figuring out to beat him, they'll need to make him stronger. If he keeps getting beaten regularly then he's not so ultimate anymore.

Anyway, I'll probably never get that far. I hope to level PLD again soon so I can try out these goodies.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I think it's pretty ridiculous to make a monster with good drops and continue to make him more and more unkillable. The game ceases to be fun when you have no shot at beating such a monster.

It's good to have a challenge, but making it impossible is just stupid. Sea offers very little to the player as it is. It take about a month of prep work to fight JoL. Even after beating him, AV seems to only pop about 1/10th of the time. Beyond that, they make him absolutely impossible to beat?

How is that fun? SE needs to learn a good reward for work ratio. Outside of what AV would drop.

Each of the the Jailers can drop a torque. You wanna know what the drop rate is like on them? My LS is

0/17 Fortitute Torque
    0/21 Temperance Torque
    0/7 Prudence Torque

That's just a little run down. The only other drops are virtue weapons, which aren't very good for anyone. Also, the pop items to pop higher tier jailers aren't 100% drop either. It's frustrating to farm several tier 1 NMs to pop a tier 2 NM that doesn't drop the pop item for JoL, which forces you to start over from the beginning after getting zilch to show for hours and hours of work.

The other decent drops in sea are the 3 mage capes (horrible drop rates from Ix'Aerns) and Novio/Novia (which are a horrible drop rate from JoL).

Overall, sea is just messed up. It isn't even so much of a challenge as much as it is a job. Making an NM hard is one thing. Making him in possible is just stupid game design.