Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Zeromus invincible?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Meteor is non-elemental.

Meteo from FFIV is elemental, i believe its fire. If you don't believe me go towards zeromus' layer and cast meteo on a blue or red dragon - it'll get absorbed. now cast flare/nuke - it wont because flare is non elemental while meteo is.

Meteor is holy elemental. I just opened the rom with a hex editor. With regards to darkness elemental, all of Cecil's dark swords deal dark elemental damage.

The hex values CA C8 64 00 05 E3 at $79ABA contain the data for the spell. The 05 means holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    If you're playing FFIV Advance, try using the Grimiores from the Lunar summons. All sorts of crazy things happen!
    messed up i never tried that and my game got stolen. what kind of crazy things.
    :rabite: :luigi: :mario:the day will come....................................(holding the suspense).......

I always assumed that Meteo was earth based due to the fact that it was also absorbed by the that fiend with horns whom you fought on that bridge... and he has zombies and stuff the first time you fight him. I think he was supposed to be a fiend of earth.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Let's see here. Is it possible to defeat something which is invincible?
    Did you defeat Zeromus?

In order to be invincible, something or someone must be impossible to defeat by anything in the entire universe. The crystal (and Cecil's spirit, whatever) weakens Zeromus. The fact that Zeromus is weakened is irrefutable proof that he is not invincible. Had he been invincible, no one would have been able to weaken, and then defeat him.

If there exists anything, no matter what it is, that can defeat someone, that someone is not invincible. Practically impossible to defeat by the majority of the creatures in the universe, sure, but that doesn't equal invincible, just pretty damned near it. :p
    Last edited by Mirage; 02-21-2007 at 03:16 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Did you defeat Zeromus?

In order to be invincible, something or someone must be impossible to defeat by anything in the entire universe. The crystal (and Cecil's spirit, whatever) weakens Zeromus. The fact that Zeromus is weakened is irrefutable proof that he is not invincible. Had he been invincible, no one would have been able to weaken, and then defeat him.

If there exists anything, no matter what it is, that can defeat someone, that someone is not invincible. Practically impossible to defeat by the majority of the creatures in the universe, sure, but that doesn't equal invincible, just pretty damned near it.
    That's a good point. Besides, the Crystal makes Zeromus transform to his physical form, which can be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
    Meteo from FFIV is elemental, i believe its fire. If you don't believe me go towards zeromus' layer and cast meteo on a blue or red dragon - it'll get absorbed. now cast flare/nuke - it wont because flare is non elemental while meteo is.
    Meteor is not Fire-elemental. I tried casting Meteo on a Red Dragon (it absorbs Fire), and it does 9999 damage. However, Meteo heals a Blue Dragon, but then again, the Blue Dragon also absorbs Holy (it actually absorbs Fire, Ice, Lightning, Darkness, Holy and Throw). As you said, Flare actually hurts the Blue Dragon.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, Meteor is Holy-elemental.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Did you defeat Zeromus?

If there exists anything, no matter what it is, that can defeat someone, that someone is not invincible. Practically impossible to defeat by the majority of the creatures in the universe, sure, but that doesn't equal invincible, just pretty damned near it.
    Read more carefully Mirage, it says "In this form".
    I believe that in his blue spaghetti form he is the symbolization of pure hatred, and thus is invincible.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

If his "invincible form" can be forcefully changed to a defeatable form, then I wouldn't call it invincible. That's like saying "it's impossible to break into my car, unless someone picks the lock".

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vars View Post
    I always assumed that Meteo was earth based due to the fact that it was also absorbed by the that fiend with horns whom you fought on that bridge... and he has zombies and stuff the first time you fight him. I think he was supposed to be a fiend of earth.
    He was undead. I'm not sure what the undead absorb... someone else might know. I await an expert opinion!

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Undead absorbs poison and dark :p.