Thread: I'm thinking about buying it....

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default I'm thinking about buying it....

Ok, I might buy Final Fantasy XI, as a gift from my folks, and I have my idea, I will buy the PC Version with all three expansion packs included, so, could somebody answer these questions?

1. I think the subscription is $256 USD, is that the total amount for a once-a-year pay, or can you pay it in segments like three months?

2. Is Blue Mage a starting job or an advanced one?

3. Does it matter what kingdom I hold alliegence to other than the simple stuff?

4. Last of all, I wanna be a Mithra, should I be a thief, monk, or red mage when I start, I know I can change classes, so help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII13 View Post
    1. I think the subscription is $256 USD, is that the total amount for a once-a-year pay, or can you pay it in segments like three months?

3. Does it matter what kingdom I hold alliegence to other than the simple stuff?

4. Last of all, I wanna be a Mithra, should I be a thief, monk, or red mage when I start, I know I can change classes, so help me out.
    1. It's roughly 12-13 dollars or so a month, a bit more for every extra character you have. And you pay the smarter way, every month, so you don't waste money like other MMO's that force you to pay for more then you want to play.

2. It's and advanced job as is every job in the game minus the base 6.

3. Nationality matters in conquest (what nation rules what reigions) what items you can buy using conquest points, and what missions you end up doing. Though some of the missions before rank 6 are the same regardless of nation, just with a few different cut scenes and NPC's you talk to. Beyond that there isn't a whole lot of difference except the way your character /salutes. But you can always change nationalites with only a loss of all conquest points penalty though anyways.

4. Whatever you want to start as. Mithras are nice in thier versatile and can adapt well to any job better then other races can (namely Galka mages and Taru tanks) but if I had to suggest any of them, then I'ld say Monk, just because it's easier to play (punch and use combo pretty much up to 30) and probably the most simplistic job in the game. It's also not over expensive to play either as you can go without a weapon till around level 10 or so. And in that time you can learn the basic mechanics. Though whatever job you want to take to 75, I'ld suggest leveling up your sub for it as that way you can get the exping for it out of the way early on.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ah, thank you.
    Last edited by Laddy; 12-20-2006 at 06:58 PM.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Advanced

Other than convenience of exploring and range to other places.
    experiement.
    but if you want a reccomendation.
    perhaps Red Mage. so you can melt faces.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

2. Unfortunately you'll have to do a couple things before getting Blue Mage, this includes: getting one of your first six jobs to 30, getting Aht Urgan access, and of course, actually completing the Blue Mage Job quest. This will take a while like all things in this game, but this makes it all the more rewarding when you finally get there.

3. Choosing the the right combination of both race and nationality can grant you some neat items.

Mithra or Tartaru from Windurst =

Galka or Hume from Bastok =

Elvaan from San d'Oria =

These rings are pretty awesome for level one rings.
    Last edited by ScottNUMBERS; 12-20-2006 at 11:06 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh, I just bought the game! :O

If you are a mithra prepared to be hit on alot by low life losers who have nothing else to do with their lives. Just a heads up.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Articles
    Blog Entries

I know, I was very aware and it has yet to happen...

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII13 View Post
    I know, I was very aware and it has yet to happen...
    it will happen in Valkurm.

those poor Manthras :\

well seeing how I got put on Kujata since its one of the least populated, you might too; so give me a /tell in game if you land on the server Kujata; expecially if you go to bastok or windurst. The Name is Dantewolfwood.

(if ya want, I can TRY to get a WP; but I'm broke )