Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A problem

He wont. If he hates it just because of the names Zidane (which you can change) and Beatrix (whose name isnt terribly frequent), then i do believe he is the most shallow game player ever. I dont see how you can complain about those names and not complain about something like "yuffie" or "red XIII" or "quistis trepe."

I dont know any famous french soccerplayer named Quistis. Red XII isn't his name, Nanaki is his real name.

Ok, I said it in a dumb way, its the way the characters get introduced that I hate, not the development.

Like Freya:

Oh hi Im just sitting in a bar and moaning about my problems and, o it seems like theres a war going on, lets fight together for no apparent reason.

Or Quina:

Can you teach me how to eat other things than frogs?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stalefish View Post
    Freya:

Oh hi Im just sitting in a bar and moaning about my problems and, o it seems like theres a war going on, lets fight together for no apparent reason.
    Freya and Zidane were friends. They said that they knew each other a long time ago, before Zidane saw her at the bar. Then again, you wouldn't know that because you obviously thought it was "pointless dialogue."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Annoyed because a name used in a game also is used in the real world? Oh man, I bet that has never happened in any game before. Tina? Edgar? Vincent? Irvine? Cecil? Nah.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Those are normal names. Zidane isn't.

Banned

Neither was Cloud, Squall, Tidus, etc. What's your point?

WELL WTF? Is Cloud, Squall or Tidus famous soccerplayers? I think not.

Banned

I've never heard anybody in the real world named Cloud, Squall or Tidus. Explain how Zidane isn't a normal name when it is used in the real world while Cloud, Squall or Tidus are not?

In fact, you should also explain your definition of "normal" as well.

Wow, you only hate the game because the character's first name is the same as the last name of the ex-Captain of France's football team?

Wow. Just wow.

WELL WTF? Is Cloud, Squall or Tidus famous soccerplayers? I think not.
    liek omfg, a character is named after a socc3r player, suX0rz! I've seen some really shallow, idiotic "gamers" in my lifetime, but you take the cake Stalefish. Whats more retarded, naming someone after a soccer player or naming someone after the floaty things in the sky? I dont see anyone in real life named "cloud"

from my personal opinion, stalefish joined this site to rant about stuff. he JUST joined this month. he is like the new teenage drivers who think they are the kings of the road.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Lets take a look of the seriousness of the games here shall we?

FF8 : Humans.
    FF9 : Animals and ugly rat things called dragoons.

FF8 : Save points.
    FF9 : Moogles.
    Have you played any of the earlier FFs? Because in FFV there was a talkin' Werewolf, in FFVI Mog was a character, FFIV had talking dolls! what about FFVII RedXIII/Nanaki you don't question that? So many FFs use animals/made up things... its called a fantasy for a reason.

Also...
    "OMG! Hez totally named after soccer player! HE MUST SUCK!" Thats like saying anyone named Tom is lame because the are named after Tom Cruise.

Also Freya has already know Zidane, and let me tell you something, she was *****ing about her problems at the bar because when people go to the bar and get drunk THEY COMPLAIN!... or yell. Freya was actually introduced pretty well, and has quite an extensive background with Sir Fratley.

And NEVER complain about Quina, s/he had the funniest, lines ever.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Those are normal names. Zidane isn't.
    So, it's OK to take names from the real world, as long as there are 0 famous persons by that name? It's not even the soccer player's first name, it's his surname. On top of that, you can even change his name if you don't like it, I don't see how his name being "Zidane" could even remotely be a problem.

Quina is clearly there for comic relief, which it succeeds pretty well at.

Apparently, it is like this:
    If a name is really unusual, or just barely a name in the first place, it's OK.
    If the name is normal and used by many in the real world, it is OK.
    If the name is really unusual, and used in the real world, it is OK.
    If the name is somewhat unusual, and used in the real world, it is OK.
    If the name is somewhat unusual and used in the real world by a soccer player, it is not OK.
    Last edited by Mirage; 12-24-2006 at 08:44 AM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

just stop playing final fantasy. this game is too good for stupid shallow people
    finished: ff3ds, ff4,ff5, ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10,ff tactics and advance

does any body else have the insane urge to kill that guy? (the one who made this thread). no offense dude, but you're coming at this all wrong....i hate the main character cos he looks like a girl...i HATE the the main boss (Kuja or sumthin) even more cos he looks like a girl AND wears a dress, but that doesnt stop this from being a good game....the only thing you're right about so far is that Vivi rocks!

Also, bout the aeris thing, her real name is Aerith, but yes, i can see where you're coming from....i like Aeris better

EDIT: you deserve all you get on this thread.........honestly