Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: For Potter Fans - Book 7 Title

Quote Originally Posted by Omni Legacy View Post
    What are the Deathly Hallows, is like a place or is it the Big BAD of the Harry Potter series, woooooo!

Also I haven't read a Harry Potter since Book 4, so if it has been said what the Deathly Hallows were, my bad.
    the Deathly Hallows have never been mentioned in any previous book.

What are the Deathly Hallows, is like a place or is it the Big BAD of the Harry Potter series, woooooo!

Also I haven't read a Harry Potter since Book 4, so if it has been said what the Deathly Hallows were, my bad.
    No, no "deathly hallows" so far. I generally think of hallows as spirits, though I suppose they can also refer to sacred or consecrated objects or even "hallowed" ground.

I'm hoping they're something like manifestations of the "personal demons" Harry faces as he delves deeper into Voldemort's mind and life looking for ways to defeat him. Like Luke being tempted by the Dark Side on his way to becoming a Jedi, perhaps Harry will have to overcome these personal tribulations as he uncovers the powers he needs to destroy Voldy for good and all. Although, I had always supposed that destroying Voldemort would be accomplished by something rather simple, like Harry making a sacrifice, a la his mother, since his courage and loyalty and love and compassion have always been his greatest strengths (far more than his relatively average magical abilities). Harry is a great friend, maybe even a great person, but it's a serious stretch to consider him a great wizard. But maybe he'll come into his own in this final book. I certainly hope so.

Or maybe "deathly hallows" are some things Voldy summoned to stop Harry from getting to him or random things guarding the horcruxes. I know! Maybe the "Deathly Hallows" breed the dementors! (JK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    I'm not going to judge it until I actually read the book. A lot of people thought "Half-Blood Prince" sounded stupid too, until they realized what an appropriate title it was, considering the real point of the book and how no other name could have worked.
    I still think Half-Blood Prince was a bad title choice, and so do a lot of my friends.

Also, we are not judging the book, just the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Timerk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    I'm not going to judge it until I actually read the book. A lot of people thought "Half-Blood Prince" sounded stupid too, until they realized what an appropriate title it was, considering the real point of the book and how no other name could have worked.
    I still think Half-Blood Prince was a bad title choice, and so do a lot of my friends.

Also, we are not judging the book, just the title.
    I know. I mean that I'm not going to judge the title until I read the book.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I hate it.
    QQ moar.

In seriousness she could call it Harry Potter and the Lame Conclusion and it'd sell like bottled sex. It's impossible for her not to make huge, huge, vast sums of money off this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    So long as it's a fitting conclusion to the series I'll be happy.
    Yeah, I could really care less what the title is, as long as it's good I don't really give a smurf. Plenty of great books have had stupid and/or cheesy names (Heart of Darkness anyone?).

Well, as a title it's alright.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I just discovered this, and was gonna make a thread about it, but seeing as this is already here~

I don't mind the name, in fact I think it's kinda nifty.

Timerk mentioned the Half-Blood Prince being a bad name, but I also thought that was a good one

Although the Goblet of Fire is still the best name.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarlightAngel View Post
    Could be better, but it could be worse.
    This is a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    In seriousness she could call it Harry Potter and the Lame Conclusion and it'd sell like bottled sex. It's impossible for her not to make huge, huge, vast sums of money off this.
    He has a point. No matter what she calls it, its going to be massive because it is the last one. And because it's Harry Potter.

I am kinda dissapointed with the name, but I'm not a big Potter fan. I've still gotta read 6.

It should just be named 'Harry Potter' and nothing else. See how many fan people would be freaking because of -that- name.

This one prolly just has something to do with ... deathly hallows..

Weird..

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only thing the title is doing for me is inciting an urge to make Bleach jokes.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess it's okay. I don't really have a problem with it as long as it wraps up the series well enough. *shrugs*

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

No, no "deathly hallows" so far. I generally think of hallows as spirits, though I suppose they can also refer to sacred or consecrated objects or even "hallowed" ground.

I'm hoping they're something like manifestations of the "personal demons" Harry faces as he delves deeper into Voldemort's mind and life looking for ways to defeat him. Like Luke being tempted by the Dark Side on his way to becoming a Jedi, perhaps Harry will have to overcome these personal tribulations as he uncovers the powers he needs to destroy Voldy for good and all. Although, I had always supposed that destroying Voldemort would be accomplished by something rather simple, like Harry making a sacrifice, a la his mother, since his courage and loyalty and love and compassion have always been his greatest strengths (far more than his relatively average magical abilities). Harry is a great friend, maybe even a great person, but it's a serious stretch to consider him a great wizard. But maybe he'll come into his own in this final book. I certainly hope so.

Or maybe "deathly hallows" are some things Voldy summoned to stop Harry from getting to him or random things guarding the horcruxes. I know! Maybe the "Deathly Hallows" breed the dementors! (JK) :tongue:
    When you put it that way, I like it now!

Yellow Winged Angel

Blog Entries

Who gives a damn about the name?

there was a picture here