Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: For Potter Fans - Book 7 Title

Cheesy name, but I'm sure the book will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz
    but oh well it might get changed liked the philosopher's Stone.
    'The Philosopher's Stone' was changed? I've only ever known it by that title.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Philosopher's Stone was changed to Sorcerer's Stone for you Amerikanskiis.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Cheesy name, but I'm sure the book will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz
    but oh well it might get changed liked the philosopher's Stone.
    'The Philosopher's Stone' was changed? I've only ever known it by that title.
    She means changing it for the US, as Philosopher's Stone was changed to Sorcerer's Stone. It was changed because publishers didn't think American kids would buy something with 'philosopher' in the title.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh well it'll go in my to read pile anyway purely because I wanna find out if she goes for the traditional happy ending or a controversial sad one.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

I'll judge the titles my style:

Philosopher's Stone: This one's good
    Chamber of Secrets: second best
    Prisoner of Azkaban: not the best, but still good
    Goblet of Fire: WORST, the goblet only made a brief appearance and had almost nothing to do with the main storyline unlike the stone and the chamber, if it was called the Triwizard Tournament or return of Darkness/Voldemort it sounds much better.
    Order of the Phoenix: My fave
    Half Blood Prince: I never knew she meant Snape. I thought she meant some random new character. Surprise surprise.
    Deathly hallows: Grim enough to be terrifying. :rolleyes:

At least the title tells us how grim and violent things will be from now on. I still can't imagine who will be the last sacrifices before Harry and Voldy settle things with each other. preferably Ginny so harry will experience a temporary emotional breakdown and then make the ye olde heroic comeback after loads of thinking JK JK. Maybe Sirius will come back and help too, if he somehow cheated death and came out from beyond the veil in the Department of Mysteries. Any idea when will it be published?

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

What do you mean the Goblet of Fire had nothing to with the main storyline? Without the Goblet, (SPOILER)Harry would've never been in the tourny, and would have never been transported to the graveyard, and Voldemort would have never been revived. Yeah, you're right, it's got little to do with the story.

Philosopher's Stone was changed to Sorcerer's Stone for you Amerikanskiis.
    I thought it was the other way round? That the americans had it changed from Sorcerer to philosopher becuase they were freaking out about the witchcraft thing. ZOMG, we can't say sorcerer, it might corrupt the kiddies! : p

The title for the last book is just... meh. Not exactly thrilling. But, hopefully the book itself will be a good conclusion to the series. ^^ Just so long as Rowling doesn't do a cliche ending I'll be happy. No riding off into the sunset, you hear?

ive read all 6 and i really can't remember what happened in 5 and 6 first four were good

Ciddieless since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    She means changing it for the US, as Philosopher's Stone was changed to Sorcerer's Stone. It was changed because publishers didn't think American kids would buy something with 'philosopher' in the title.
    Apparently, the same person who changed the "Philosopher's Stone" into "Sorcerer's Stone" also changed the title of Philip Pullman's novel "Northern Lights" into "The Golden Compass".
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

I really don't care much for the name of this book, but like other people on here, I also didn't like the name Half Blood Prince. But hey, I don't care about the name as long as the book will give us a great ending to a great series. But "Deathly Hallows"??? Deadly Hallows would sound alot better in my opinion.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

America has Sorcerors Stone and Golden Compass.

When I first opened this thread it went to the second page and the first thing I read was Hsu saying Attack of the Clones. I thought, "Harry Potter and the Attack of the Clones" :confuse:

Harry Potter And The Large Rhinoceros Who Thought He Had It All would be rather more fitting.
    Yes, I think it sounds sinister too. It sounds much too voilent for me. I'm going.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

The name kinda gives away the whole big thing that happens (but I think the public already knew that all already )

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Meh. The name does suck, but it could easily be much worse. And, really, I don't care what she calls it, so long as it's good. I don't have issues with any of the other six names.

I feel indifferent to the name. It's just a name.