Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculously hard monsters

Default Ridiculously hard monsters

So...I've been here for a while but I'm not active so this may seem noobish.

I'm currently level 31 straight across the board. My characters are set up almost equally, and 3 characters have all quickenings and 3 characters have lvl 2 quickenings. My weapons are all updated and my armor is one "level" below the most recent type.

Why am I getting raped by monsters? Its not hard monsters, its monsters relatively close to my level. I use regen, haste, and protect constantly, and I'm getting the crap beat out of me. Right now I'm in Phon Coast.

NOTE: This mainly happens when I go on hunts, but even then, the monsters are about 5-6 levels under where I'm at.

(Most recent example is the Vorpal Bunny hunt. The bunny is hella easy but the skeletons mobbed me and I couldn't kill them faster than they appeared.)

I would just level up if I were you. I just passed the Phon Coast and my lowest character is Level 38.

1. Are your gambits set up correctly (putting a focus on healing and rezzing)?

2. Are you spending your LB points on augments first?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Leveling up works but it is sooo tedious!

Like Timerk said, I found out big differences in "being raped" or not depending on the gambits I was using.

For instance, the skeletons near the Vorpal Bunny were kicking my butt until I put Balthier with Foe = undead / raise. Then it got to be cakewalk. Those blue hounds (demon hounds) around the Vorpal bunny also were ganging up on my party and killing it, until I used foe targeting self / drain. Drain also helps you nab the bunny faster because you don't need to touch him to deplete it's HP.

Drain worked perfeclty for Phon coast too. Try it on all 3 in your party. It will get to be a walk in the park

PS: Alas, later on Sochen Cavern, Barhein and Nabreus Deadlands the Drain and undead /raise need to be nixed: Undead there are immune to raise and drain on undead hurts your players

I've had success with 1,000 needles against those strong undead. Eve mighty Zalera fell to it
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

That's why I finished the game first. Now the Hunts are a peice of cake.

i'm level 31 too! i used all my liscense points on those augments which made my characters so much faster! ^^ you could escape, like me. =D

So far the only thing that has killed me is The Mandragoas. I've gotten close twice but ran out of MP and phoenix downs. The problem with this boss is there are five of them, all with around 9,000 HP. 9,000 HP isn't very much but they are hard to hit. There is also the problem with MP. You have to use Dispel on all of them or they will be hitting you like crazy. I used Mateus three times on them but they scatter so when he does his move it only hits two of them. MP is everything in this fight. I only have 2 phoenix downs and once they run out I have to use MP for Raise and MP for Curaga. On top of that they heal eachother which makes it even more difficult. Ethers don't bring back enough MP to do much damage. Regen and Haste help alot but they cost MP too.

These little annoying guys are ridiculously hard!

^Get Charge and abuse it. It can be used at 0 MP, just don't use it over and over if it fails, it wastes time and you'll be getting mauled.

Level up. I haven't gotten far into the game yet (I'm not even at Raithwall's Tomb yet), but yeah. Make sure your Gambits are set accordingly (if you have Cura, which I think you should, spam it on the skeletons but try not to hit the bunny), etc. Try to have an attacker (Bunny), an attacker for the skeletons (with an foe = undead/Cura or Raise gambit), and someone to heal and buff.
    *My Random Sig of the Week*

SPELL OF THE MONTH:
    Bleed! (FFXII)

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Something to note as well: as you progress in the game the mob power:level ratio raises exponentially. It's a borrowed theme from FFXI. In FFXI, at level 1, fighting something 4-5 levels higher than you is relatively easy. But as you progress, the mobs grow at a quicker pace than you so by 30 you can't even fight something that's the same level as you, and by 75 it's even difficult(depending on job) to take on mobs 5-10 levels -lower- than you. And furthermore, some mobs are harder than their level implies, especially undead or swarming mobs.

In my party Vaan and Fran are Level 37, Balthier is Level 38, then Ashe is Level 21, Balthier Level 18 and Penelo Level 17. My main party should be able to beat this boss but I haven't yet. I have about 75% of the Liscence Board covered with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoKid21 View Post
    So...I've been here for a while but I'm not active so this may seem noobish.

I'm currently level 31 straight across the board. My characters are set up almost equally, and 3 characters have all quickenings and 3 characters have lvl 2 quickenings. My weapons are all updated and my armor is one "level" below the most recent type.

Why am I getting raped by monsters? Its not hard monsters, its monsters relatively close to my level. I use regen, haste, and protect constantly, and I'm getting the crap beat out of me. Right now I'm in Phon Coast.

NOTE: This mainly happens when I go on hunts, but even then, the monsters are about 5-6 levels under where I'm at.

(Most recent example is the Vorpal Bunny hunt. The bunny is hella easy but the skeletons mobbed me and I couldn't kill them faster than they appeared.)
    Take out every monster in the area before engaging the vorpal bunny. The best move in the bunnies arsenal is how he will flee and aggro others into battle. A random monster might respawn but it shouldn't be too many at once.
    'You want apologies, girl you might hold your breath, until your breathing stops...forever,forever. The only thing you'll get, is this curse on your lips, I hope it tastes of ME forever.'~ Falloutboy

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Vorpal bunny is easier if you leave one monster behind, from the first "batch" of wolves and marlboros. Then no skeletons appear.

If the skeletons do appear it is still easy because they are not immune to Phoenix Down. had Baltier with a gambit "foe undead / Phonenix Down" and they were killed on sight. I also had all my 3 guys doing "Drain" as a gambit so they didn't even neet to hit the darn bunny. It fell on 3-5 turns
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I was your level when I left the Henne Mines for the first time, and about level 45 when I got to Phon Coast. Your under leveled, sort it out.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

The entire game is hard period and why are there skeletons where you're fighting the Vorpal Bunny, the Vorpal Bunny is in the woods. I think some of my reason is because I'm cheap with my money I've always been like that in every game I own.

Yellow Winged Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz View Post
    The entire game is hard period
    You need to play more RPG's then...