Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: GTA

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Default GTA

Talk about Rockstar's biggest franchise game here, that used to be exclusive for the Sony Consoles. I think that no game is better than GTA San Andreas. I mean the game was fantastic with a cool storyline lots and lots more customization, few more mini games here and there to increase the fun and you can finally have a character that can swim. The game made the genre even more realistic, by adding girlfriends, having weight management and finally being able to change your clothes everyday if you wanted to. The only thing wrong with GtA is those stupid retarded RC missions, why did anyone ever create them, they're fustrating as hell!

GTA IV better have you playing as a latina chick.

Yellow Winged Angel

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I would play it if it had a female main character, even though I never really cared for the series :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

Yeah that would be so kick ass!!! A queenpin

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I like GTA 3. Mafia games win, and Chatterbox radio made me giggle.

LIBERTY CITY COCKS RULE!

THAT LAST GUY WAS SO FULL OF CRAP! EVERYONE KNOWS WOMEN ARE MADE OF SAND!

Ive got no beef with the series, I just think it sucks.

Blog Entries

Duck, before Joel comes online!

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    I like GTA 3. Mafia games win, and Chatterbox radio made me giggle.

LIBERTY CITY COCKS RULE!

THAT LAST GUY WAS SO FULL OF CRAP! EVERYONE KNOWS WOMEN ARE MADE OF SAND!
    Hey what do you mean by that, if you have beef let's take this out on the lot!

Yellow Winged Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Ive got no beef with the series, I just think it sucks.
    What are you? Joel.2?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    "Ive got no beef with the series", I just think it sucks.

no Shlup.

I think it is okay... and the character development also has some depth.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I was actually quoting Chatterbox.

I just couldn't get into Vice City or San Andreas.

I want to jack a space shuttle in IV.

Yellow Winged Angel

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

VI*

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

VI what are you talking about?

Yellow Winged Angel

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Though they stopped numbering the games after GTA3, there have been two new games in the main series released since. Funnily, the past two game's titles were released, they also were referred to as "GTA4."

I don't really understand the reasoning behind calling it GTA4 when it's going to be the sixth game, but whatever.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Man, back in the day, I spent so much life playing Grand Theft Auto (1). I didn’t even really play the missions, I just hung the DJ and rampaged for hours. :Oo: I played it again when R* let me download it for free, but because this was after the new generation of Grand Theft Auto, I couldn’t get that feeling back. Nevertheless, it still holds some nostalgic value.

I didn’t play GTA2 until R* put it up for free download. I haven’t been able to get into the game too much, and the only reason I play it these days is for multiplayer, which is kind of fun.

I thought that GTA3 was the best game in the world when it first came out. I remember getting home from school on the day my brother bought it, and he wouldn’t let me play it for so long. Then I would play it for like an hour and get nausea and headaches and would have to let him back on. :Oo:
    But I still had fun playing it. It was the last game that I seriously used cheats on (and indeed, ran over the policeman). Earlier this year, I ‘clocked’ the game for the first time ever, without using cheats.

I got Vice City for my... 16th birthday? I am too lazy to count backwards. Anyway, my dad gave me the money but he wouldn’t actually go in and buy the game for me (in my country, Grand Theft Auto titles are R18). My friend and I both tried, but to no avail. We had to go to Burger King and ask this one guy to buy it for us. I guess I am pretty lucky that he was an honest guy and actually did us the favor, rather than taking off with the cash.
    This game hurt my head much more than GTA3 did, but I still enjoyed the game much more. Tommy Vercetti is still just so awesome. I have heard that R* are done with him, though.

San Andreas. I really liked this one. Back in GTA3 days, I thought that San Andreas would be the city used before Vice City.
    I remember reading the San Andreas webpage every day until they finally released information about it. Then I gobbled it all up. :yap: The next day in one of the MSN mass convo things that Psychotic enjoys, he tried to educate me on San Andreas. That was sweet of him.
    No matter how much I read about San Andreas, it still amazed me when it came out. I’m not going to waste time explaining it, because chances are you have already experienced (if you haven’t, blegh).
    These days I like to play San Andreas by doing as much as I can before the first mission, and without using a walk through. Getting all the side items, getting the LV tattoos, getting the pilot license, and so on. (for me to get everything) This is quite a challenge. Things like gambling, oysters, photo ops and horseshoes I have the most difficulty with, having never been able to collect 100% of either photo ops or horseshoes before the first mission. I got close with the photos, but my save got deleted. :frust: I found many horseshoes, but the more you find, the harder they are to find. And when you are trying to get them with limited skills and a sticky wanted level, it’s even harder! Oh, and I try to do it without dying or getting busted. If either happens I have to load.
    I think that’s it.

Grand Theft Auto: Advance I didn’t like too much. I hired the game (and a GBA) once and never completed it.

Call me crazy, but I really liked Liberty City Stories. So much so that I had to buy a PSP just for it, before I even knew what it was like. Well, the one thing that really grabbed me was that theme music I heard in the trailer. It just sent chills down my spine. In my opinion, the best GTA theme music yet.
    Worst part of the game (for me) was definitely the RC races. I only completed a third of one of them. I just gave up after a while. The only GTA in the GTA3 generation (excluding Advance) that I have yet to complete 100%.

Vice City Stories was pretty cool, too. Though I must admit that the story was weak, and it seemed like it was squeezed into the game (considering the system it is on, I guess that is forgivable). Still a lot of cool things in the game, though. Especially the checkpoints in the emergency missions. What a load off, I’d say.

I don’t consider either of the Stories to be major GTA titles, rather, just filler before GTA4.

If nobody has answered Hsu’s question yet, it is (I assume it is because) all those GTA titles are expansions (if you will?) on GTA3. I guess GTA4 will be different enough to be classed as a true sequel. I don’t know for sure, though.

EDIT: GTA IV with the protagonist as a latina chick who hijacks space shuttles? Sounds like some low grade television series (which I wouldn’t watch).
    Last edited by Meat Puppet; 12-23-2006 at 06:09 AM.