Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda: Is it really THAT good?

Default Legend of Zelda: Is it really THAT good?

2:00 AM Nov 17- Walmart; sitting in a lawnchair, with a woolen blanket wraped around my head. I was beginning to doubt that all of this was worth it. I was purchasing the Wii that day, hoping for the best. All my life I had been a die hard Sony fan (and I cant wait to get my hands on a PS3). My friend persuaded me to switch on over to Nintendo. I was cool with that, only one thing; I found Nintendo very childish and non-RPG-ish.

8:00 AM Nov 17- Running toward the electronic center even though I recieved a ticket garenteeing that a Wii would be in my hands. There were many people that showed up late and did not get a ticket.

10:00 Nov 17- At home, playing with my Wii. All of the hype for Zelda got me all wond up (even though i was ready to pass out from lack of sleep) Every site I had visited had given the game a 9.5 or higher so I was looking forward to an amazing game.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHERE ALL THE HYPE COMES FROM! The game is not even all that good. I find that people are all like "OMG It's Zelda, it must be good, and I am not saying anything different." Boring gameplay, depressing environments, no voice acting (which makes it a very quite game/boring).

Mario- Not even good games. Its mario so EVERYONE has to like it. (I am getting no where with this conversation)

Zelda- Same old stuff as the other one. Nothing really new about it.

Nintendo- The games that are not known as well as mario and such (Trauma Center, Cooking Mama) are way better. That is why I like Sony; it doesn't have all these SUPER famous games. Just games that are amazing but not well known.

Does anyone catch my drift? I have chated with a FEW people that agree with me, but I am determind to find more. Please respond! Thanks,
    Cody
    Last edited by tidus_rox; 12-23-2006 at 03:37 AM.

No game is worth waiting in line for eight hours for.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You may not find Zelda appealing doesn't mean that it's all that bad. You do have to remember that Twilight Princess was originally supposed to be only for GameCube, but Nintendo was able to make it with Wii controls, so it may seem "last-gen" with the graphics, but you do have to realize that it's still great, nonetheless. And the thing with VA, you could blame Nintendo for that since they stated that Zelda games will likely not feature them in their games. They may change that in future games, but don't expect it any time soon.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    so it may seem "last-gen" with the graphics,
    All of the games seem last gen; cuz the graphics with Nintendo SUCK. (I cannot wait for Trauma Center that I am getting for Christmas. It is the only reason I am keeping my Wii)

Quote Originally Posted by tidus_rox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    so it may seem "last-gen" with the graphics,
    All of the games seem last gen; cuz the graphics with Nintendo SUCK.
    *sigh* I guess you haven't been paying attention to the entire point of the Wii.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Listen, I'll be reasonable with you. Graphics don't make the game, it's the gameplay that do. Guess which direction Nintendo went with the Wii?

If you answered graphics, you are totally wrong.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

funny enough Gamecube had the best graphics last generation... over and over again winning awards for it.

Anyways, SONY doesn't have any games, they're all third parties. So saying Sony has great games, doesn't make sense. Third parties chose to produce for them. BUT if sales continue as they are, more of those companies will produce for Nintendo, and then you can say the same for Nintendo. Look at the DS, amazing games on it.
    And actually "Sony" or the Playstation consoles, have more famous games than nintendo at this point. From GTA, to Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid... you can't say it doesn't have well known games. Even the brand new good games, like God of War, are well known. Nintendo has plenty of good games, and if they're not your thing, it doesn't make them bad. Hell, I hate GTA, all of them, they suck IMO, but that doesn't mean they actually are bad.

And saying any game is the same is kind of stupid. Most games are the same thing knowadays. I like Zelda because of the puzzles, for me, Zelda Master Quest for the Ocarina of Time game, was just as good as a new Zelda game. I love the puzzles and stuff. Mario is just care free fun. Easy to pick up and learn and just goof off. Half the time I play mario, it's for no purpose, no aim, just to run around cause I'm bored. The other series they have all have their own thing that attracts me to it. That's why I like Nintendo.

Mind you, everyone I know, knows I like Nintendo and want a Wii. Half expected me to get it on launch day. But do I have one yet? No, because I refuse to wait in line for it. Nothing is so good that I would wait in line 6 hours for, and I know people that waited 9 for their Wii. I'll get it when I get it, there's no rush, nothing is that good.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

*sigh* I guess you haven't been paying attention to the entire point of the Wii

Yes I know what it is... Gameplay? Well I pay more attention to graphics...

(And Jackal) Yes your right, I meant games FOR the Playstation not made by Sony... And exactly, Mario id for no reason (lol).

PS. I hope I am not coming off as rude. I am not a rude person and mean no disrespect

well games in general are for no reason, except to goof off and have fun. Mario is just easier to pick up and just do nothing but yet still have some fun.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

If you pay more attention to graphics, you should have gotten a 360 or PS3 then.

If you made this thread to be an entire Nintendo flame and Sony boost, then not many are going to agree with you.

My personal draw to Nintendo is that they have decently priced games that i grew up with, and that never cease to amaze me. For example, i have played all the mario's. from the original 8 bit to Super Mario 64, and all the others in between. But when i got NSMB, it continued to amaze me in keeping me saying "Wow, I didnt expect that."

Not bashing Sony, they have alot of great titles, but probably the reason Nintendo has so much current hype is because of the Wii and DS, risky moves on Nintendos part, but paid off in full. And people eat it up because its new, and also because its the hottest thing with good selection of great games. PS3 has started off poorly, and despite being a year early, the 360 has a good amount ofdelayed games, most notably Halo 3.

Nintendo FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

These so-called video game flaming threads masquerading as a video game discussion is getting quite redundant.

Blog Entries

Admittedly, I can't name much in Zelda that other games don't surpass. Even so, I prefer Zelda due to the atmosphere.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think Zelda has a right to live up to it's hype, I was watching on television a few weeks ago that the legend of zelda:Ocarina of time was rated the #1 best video game of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    well games in general are for no reason, except to goof off and have fun.
    I'm going to have to disagree, I do not only play games to goof off and have fun, I also play it to get into the character's shoes and get attached to the characters that I interact with, and having fun on top of that, though I do see where your coming from.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm disappointed with the latest incarnation of the Zelda series and I didn't even hype myself up as much as the other Zelda fans, so I didn't exactly have high expectations. For some reason, TP didn't grab me as much as OoT and MM did.

This morning, I reached the Temple of Time. I managed to get to the top floor and grab the statue, but then something very strange happened. I got bored. You heard me right, I got bored - in a Zelda game. I saved the game, and switched off my Wii, and I have no intention of continuing the game at the moment. Right now, I just can't be arsed with it. This has nothing to do with exteral factors, I'm simply not enjoying the game. In fact, I went back to Ocarina of Time this morning and absolutely loved it!

I can't explain why I'm not enjoying the game. I just ... don't find it fun to play. Perhaps I'm getting old, or perhaps the game simply isn't as good as others I've played.

So, yes, Zelda is great. But not all of them.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"