Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Venturing Where You Ought Not Go...Yet

Chocobo Venturing Where You Ought Not Go...Yet

seeing as this game has so many tempting blue arrows leading to "???" to explore, what were the biggest shocks of your sightseeing trips in FF12? stuff like wandering into silly places like the Necrohol of Nabudis and fleeing like mad around the Feywood and Phase 2 of the Henne Mines (with the 20000-HP, level-65 bats) when really, I should have as yet been going to Mt. Bur-Omisace
    sparklystrobelights

*take me into the limousine
    draw me into the disco scene
    lookin cool like a fashion queen
    shining bright like a laser beam*
    - dallas superstars : | fast driving |

NEVER STAND STILL.
    - Gatecrasher

Actually, the only one you didn't cover was finding the entrance to the Zertinan Caverns when you're level 6. Doesn't go so well.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Zertinan, Garamsythe, the Feywood, Barheim, and Nabudis were the big ones. I also took the alternate route to the Highwaste long before I belonged there and got summarily slain by Phunbabas.

I found my way into the Necrohol of Nabudis when I was about level 30 or 35. I then took no more than three steps in when I stepped on a trap (because at that point I was not smart enough to have Libra on at all times) that dealt 4000 damage to each of my characters, instantly killing my primary party. I then was forced to wander around with characters that were about 15 or 20. It was in fact this incident that has made me since level all six of my party member's up evenly. Though you don't gain levels as fast, it is well worth the time. Also, my first trip to Zertinan at level 10 was a rather short-lived one as well.

Mosphoran --> Estersand.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Going through the first map of Zertinan you can find (in the Westersands, I believe) and thinking you're pretty okay. The toads are a bit hard and so are the flans at level 20 or so, but you figure it's just a random dungeon that you'll gain some nice EXP into. Then you get to the second screen and run up to the enemy, which proceeds to slap you on your ass and then head for the next character while aggroing nearby enemies.

You scream and push down R1 as hard as you can as you swing your camera wildly and try to escape, only to find that all the enemies you had struggled to defeat on the way in have already respawned when you cross back.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I always check if their names are in red before I attack :p. I don't think I've wiped from accidential aggro once :p. Garamsythe nearly did though.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I've never wiped from going further than I ought to go. But I have gone further that I should on countless occasions.

The funniest instance would be when I ran into Adramalech at a very low level. I think my reaction was "oooh, I wonder what is do-- oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god"

I went into the Necrohol at mid-30s as well. Fought some of the guys there at a steady pace, but I had to back out after I aggro'd four or five of them.

Did the Feywood when I was supposed to be headed somewhere else (can't remember where) and almost got myself killed by those folks.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Zertinan, Garamsythe, the Feywood, Barheim, and Nabudis were the big ones.
    I did all of those as well. I held down the run button the whole time I was in the necro-hall in Nabudis. I barely was able to survive that one. I spent a lot of pointless time running around in Zertinan as well. I just couldn't help myself.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

As soon as I notice when they're on higher levels than I, I leave.

Yellow Winged Angel

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Well, going after the Antlion at level 30 didn't end so well, what with the Dullahans and all.

Zertinan Caverns had some pretty close calls for me, and so did the Golmore Jungle (travelling too far south, near the Feywood).

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Zertinan, Feywood, Necrohool...

Also trying to fight those 2 werewolves in Giza at level 3 didn't go quite so well, same for Eastersand but
    at least the Wild Saurian doesn't run after you!

Talking about going somewhere too early just WTF is that pink / purple horse with blue hooves and mane at the Necrohool ? Helvinek (? I think ). I bumped into it yesterday and the darn thing had 9,999 HP and healed itself!!! Had to run for cover with the darn thing teleporting itself in front of me the whole time!

Is it a mark ? A boss ? A rare fiend ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Renmiri; 12-23-2006 at 06:27 PM.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

No idea, but it's got it's glowy on, and you just know that's a bad sign. I really ought to go wander around in there for a while.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It's Rare Game, although I've run into it quite often.

i went to the necrohol of nabudis as soon as i got to salikawoods. big mistake. i went too deep into lhusu mines way too early. and i stumbled into the feywood too early. also trying to fight abysteel in barheim was a mistake. and i accidently ran up on zalera a little too early lost once reaaranged my armor and gambits and went right back and won though.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs