Thread: PLing and the Idea of IceMage

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    I mean spells and areas and things.
    Then I don't think you understand. If someone is capped they will continue leveling in low areas and be limited to spells of that level.

It just means that if someone who's level 75 in your LS feels like it, they can set themselves to cap and join you in Yhoator for XP or something. They will still be limited by the imposed cap just like every other level limited area.

Nothing would be spoiled for you.
    suit yourself.
    What do you mean suit yourself? Basically, you seem to have failed in reading comprehension. You CAN NOT be spoiled in anyway that you have suggested.

You don't want to be spoiled by spells that are higher level than yourself. If someone capped themselves YOU WOULD NOT SEE THE SPELLS!

Your responses here are turning out to be like the ones in Miriels thread where you somehow extrapolated that she was dissing FFXI when nobody else read that. You seem to just blatantly misunderstand the topic of this thread.

Anyway... back on topic.

Bleys does mention one thing that would be a pain.... keeping so much capped gear. And if you've leveled BRD/COR/RDM someone will want you to come be in a capped XP PT with them 24/7. They would probably tell you to come naked if you told them you didn't have gear /sigh
    well I am sorry if It feels like I am attacking you because I am not.

"Suit Yourself"

I had been up for over 24 hours and had pretty much been brain-dead when I had said that.

sorry ._.

so. alls you need is the required gear o.o?

but hmmmm. I dont mind seeing there spells. but as long as you dont have access to the WS/MA/JA etc. it would be fun.

Basically Tsukasa, it'd be exactly the same as a capped event (i.e. Promys capped at level 30), only it'd be for experience points.

I guess I wouldn't mind the idea, would you still get exp and merit points being the capped person? The only problem would be having all the gear.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I dont see how this simplifies levelling, if anything it just complicates it. I say leave it alone XD
    jkhkjg

Well, you can already do it in capped zones I guess.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Basically Tsukasa, it'd be exactly the same as a capped event (i.e. Promys capped at level 30), only it'd be for experience points.

I guess I wouldn't mind the idea, would you still get exp and merit points being the capped person? The only problem would be having all the gear.
    hmmm okay.

its rather innovative n_n"

but yeah... it sort sounds like it overwhelms the already overwhelming pre-battle requisit.

its not to make it more complicated or simple. its just to shorten the gap between lvl 10-64 and 65-75 players. Make it more equal in a sense.

If someone wants to xp with a lvl 30 party; only has one job at 75 and nothing else leveled (except sj of course) they can cap themselves and be ready to go!

as for as exp and merit; IDK; if SE ever implements it; that would be up to them.