Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the longest amount of time (in real time) that it has taken you to beat a game

Default What's the longest amount of time (in real time) that it has taken you to beat a game

What is the longest amount of time (in terms of real life days, months and years) that it has taken you to beat a game (this should probably just include games in which you still kind of plan on finishing not ones that you have no intention of playing anymore).

Mine would probably be FFX-2. I got it just about a month or two after it was released and I still have yet to finish it (so I guess that would be about three years now). I am close to the end and I do enjoy playing it when I do but for some reason when I put it down I don't start playing again for like six months to a year.

mine was ff8.... i got it in march 1999 and finished it somtime in 2001. 4 some reason when i got to the forth disc i stopped playing.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Considering the fact that I only finish about 25% of the games I acquire (if that), there are several games that I have yet to beat. Heck, I'm still working on Mario 3.

(Longest hiatus on a game that I actually did go on to beat... probably Super Mario RPG. I loved the game so much that I didn't want it to end, so I refused to do the last boss fight for several months. XD Oh, and if I wanted to, right now I could go do the last mission in FFTA and that would be a new record, something like four years.)

Blog Entries

Longest span.

Well I didn't really "own" the game but in 1996 (maybe a year or 2 later) I borrowed Chrono Trigger from Blockbuster, and played a bit managed to get myself to Lavos (too early) and died.

Fast foward to 2 summers ago and I played it again with the help of Jowy and beat it. So that was like 8 or 9 years?
    now safe beneath their wisdom, and their feet;
    here i will teach you truly how, to sleep.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

I can't remember if it was Magic Land or Fantasy Land Dizzy. The one with Prince Charming and the Piper and Excalibur etc. Used to play it loads when I was really young but could never save everyone, came back to it sometime this year and managed it Reckon thats probably a bit over a decade...

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

I suppose you mean games that you intend(ed) on completing. For me it was Resident evil original on PSX. It only took me around 3 hours of gameplay but there was about a 5 year wait and a restart somewhere in between
    ...Geddit?

It would be probably FFX for me. I got stuck on Sin in the highroad where you battle these guys, I forget. It took about a full year for me to finish it completely.
    Life outside the dreamworld can be hard...
    Sometimes tough, but that is life.

the longest time it took me to beat a game was about a year and a half the game was Silent Line: Armored Core some of those boss cores and armors are a bitch to beat the hardest one was one that use fire and my core kept over heating
    EMBRACE THE DARKNESS

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

15 years on Predator. Though this might be cheating, because I still can’t get past that black rectangle at (what I think is) the end.

Super Mario RPG: June 1996-November 2006

I also started Xenogears in 1998 and did not finish until June of 2006. But only because I lost the game the first time around. When I restarted in 2006, I beat it in two weeks.

Sonic the Hedgehog, hands down. It was the first game I ever played for a home console, and I had never actually beaten it until just last year (emulated).

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Well, proportionally speaking, Threads of Fate!
    If you've every played it, you know it's a 5 hour game.
    I bought it...got stuck, that's right STUCK on Threads of Fate, in the Underground Ruins and stopped playing. I lost it, then found it and four years after I got it, I finally beat it.

Morrowind. I played that costantly for a year because I explored every inch of that world and completed every quest possible before going for the main story line. I honestly don't think one blade of grass has been unbent or one stone unturned by me in that game.

I bought Final Fantasy X when it was first released. I beat the game in early 2005.

Nanerpuss n-n-nanerpuss Reeno the Alchemist's Avatar

well back 3 years ago when my sister got ffx and ni didnt like rpg's except for chrono cross it took my sister a year just to get to the second seymour fight cause she sucked at it.then i built up the courage and beat it in 80 hours and i was a noob now my record time is like 30 hours but yea im no longer a noob
    Who needs a signature I DON'T >(

I have Dissidia, be jealous!