Thread: Mob Hunt Ring Wyrm

Mob Hunt Ring Wyrm

I still havent got summon my level is 27. I tried almost everything but it keeps killing my characters before I can even attack. how can I kill the Ring Wyrm?

I can't remember what level I was when I beat the mark, or exactly how I did it. I'm pretty sure I just used physical attacks the whole way through, with some Green Magicks to aid me in getting the job done faster.

Anyway, try Blinding and Slowing him. If you have "Decoy" (not sure when exactly you get it) put it on your tank so he focuses just on one person. Spread out your guys so they don't all get hit by a single attack. Make sure one guy is curing, possibly using "Ally HP > 50%" or 60% if you're more comfortable with that.

If all else fails, level up a little bit.

I still havent got Decoy and I tried fighting it but its to strong. it killed me with just one hit or two.

okay, definately dispel it's protect first. then use 3 character's quickenings. then try attacking it then and there. stock up on hi potions and such and such. make sure you still have a character to heal you. if you're really good at quickenings, use one character's quickenings and use mist charges on the others to get a result. if you want, you could use a megalixir, cause that's what i did, but don't. i still don't know how to get it back. anyway, i think i was the same level as you so keep trying and good luck!

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Just forget about it and go get your Esper at the Tomb of Raythwall. Belias is much easier than the Ring Wyrm. You are at a good level to get him and complete the mission right after it.

PS: Spend your gil in some good armor / weapons and add some of the favorite gambits listed here
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Ringwyrm is the one in the westersand, right? Equip jackboots, and use magicks, I think it's weak to fire magicks. They seemed to do more damage than physical attacks. Anyway, it's got a lot of HP. No way around that. You can immobilize it too.

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

Jackboots on all if you can get them.
    Keep the party spread out around the Wyrm if possible.
    Belias does absorb one of the dragon's attacks, and does do a decent amount of damage. Although its a drop in the bucket compared to its HP.

Protect and Shell may help.
    Cura = good
    Charge = good... this is a long fight in the low 30s/high 20s range, and you're going to run out of MP.

thats about all I can think of for now.. I was around 29-30 when I took him down... though I had a guest with me for a little help.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Lol. I was Level 47 and I blocked his attacks the entire battle.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Default Whooped him at lvl 18

He took me 2 tries, but wasn't that difficult with the right strategy.

First, I made sure to blind the Ring Wyrm. And slow him, too.

I had Vaan with the Main Gauche + Golden Shield (Evade = 50) and manufactured Nethecite as well as always protected, so magic didn't do much to him and he evaded like 95% of the Ring Wyrm's attacks, and when he did get hit it wasn't fatal.

I had Fran with a bow and Fire arrows, plus a gambit so that she would cast berserk on herself. She was doing a good 800 damage a shot.

Finally I had Ashe running around and throwing heals and protects on Vaan.

When the Ring Wyrm was down to about 50% and I started being unable to keep up with the damage it was doing I brought out Balthier and summoned Belias. At this point the Ring Wyrm only cast spells, every third of which was a fire-based one, so Belias never died... while doing around 1500 damage each Painflare. After his Hellfire, unfortunately the Ring Wyrm still wasnt dead, so I ran around with Balthier until he had full HP again and summoned Belias again... yay Ice Sword for me at lvl 18!

Blind and Slow rock in this fight. A liberal application of status effects will help to ensure that his terrible attacks don't do much to you.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

tyrekinyl, please check post dates before posting. This thread is too old to be brought back up. Thank you.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles