Thread: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

I like the game, but it was asking for this.

Attached Images Attached Images

Awful. Just plain awful. It wouldv'e been much better if he had just written his complaint, as the few points he makes are obscured by the horrendousness of this... thing. True, they probably wouldn't talk like that back in '44, but he makes some mistakes that destroy any credibility of this monstrosity.

First: The game takes place ten years after Hitler's election, and five years into the war, and one year before his death. He "decided to start some " a while before the game takes place.

Second: Jonathan's resemblance of Ed is miniscule at best. They both have blond hair with similar hairstyles, and wear primarily red. That is it. There is a big difference in height, attitude-wise, Charlotte is closer to Ed than Jonathan. So while Jonathan does bear SOME reseblance to Ed, you may as well say that Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin look alike.

Third: "I only said that so I could introduce Dracula Eminem!" Right, not WHY did you introduce him? Not only is it not funny (at all) but it is entirely irrelevant.

In conclusion: While the author makes a few valid points, the awful presentation of these points is painfully done. So the anime feel isn't as good as the former gothic look of SOTN or HOD, and that "X-TREME ANIME FACE" can detract from the serious mood prevalent throughout the game, the fact is that it does not come up often enough to complain about for any more than a few words. And granted, the speech pattern is inaccurate for the time period, but again: it doesn't matter that much. This entire thing is a waste of space, time, and effort.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You took that way too seriously. Most of the points I made were over reaching on purpose. I thought I made the pretty obvious, but then again, most of those familiar with my work already know that, and that's probably the first comic of mine you have seen. ****, dude, calm down.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by vorpal blade View Post
    Awful. Just plain awful. It wouldv'e been much better if he had just written his complaint, as the few points he makes are obscured by the horrendousness of this... thing. True, they probably wouldn't talk like that back in '44, but he makes some mistakes that destroy any credibility of this monstrosity.

First: The game takes place ten years after Hitler's election, and five years into the war, and one year before his death. He "decided to start some " a while before the game takes place.

Second: Jonathan's resemblance of Ed is miniscule at best. They both have blond hair with similar hairstyles, and wear primarily red. That is it. There is a big difference in height, attitude-wise, Charlotte is closer to Ed than Jonathan. So while Jonathan does bear SOME reseblance to Ed, you may as well say that Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin look alike.

Third: "I only said that so I could introduce Dracula Eminem!" Right, not WHY did you introduce him? Not only is it not funny (at all) but it is entirely irrelevant.

In conclusion: While the author makes a few valid points, the awful presentation of these points is painfully done. So the anime feel isn't as good as the former gothic look of SOTN or HOD, and that "X-TREME ANIME FACE" can detract from the serious mood prevalent throughout the game, the fact is that it does not come up often enough to complain about for any more than a few words. And granted, the speech pattern is inaccurate for the time period, but again: it doesn't matter that much. This entire thing is a waste of space, time, and effort.
    Christ, man.

Anyways, I thought it was funny, and I've never even played the game.

i just lol
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Blog Entries

Yeah that was awsome and I do love the game so far but yeah the anime faces made me lol.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Aside from that example of staggering dicketry, I love this thread. <3

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The FMA thing was great.

... how did I know that was you...?

I apologize if I took it too seriously, but...

what's with the rapping Dracula?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, the only reason why I put Eminem in there was because Jonathan said "Shady", which reminded me of Eminem AKA Slim Shady. Maybe this was just me, but as soon as Eminem broke into the mainstream a lot more people started to say "shady". I know it's a half-assed connection, but that's how I design most of my comics. They are meant to be stupid fun. Don't worry about taking it too seriously, it's all cool.

Ahh. The one thing that really needs to be made fun of is why they keep using whips. Having beaten LOI, I know the story behind the whip, but don;'t they know you're supposed to fight vampires with stakes? Maybe that's why Dracula keeps getting resurrected.