Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm stuck and need some questions answered

Ingus has had more hp and strength than anyone else in my party since the begining of the game, plus he is a soldier so im pretty sure he was intended to be a melee class

My party is as follows:

Ingus: Warrior Lv. 21
    Refia: White Mage Lv. 21
    Luneth: Warrior Lv. 21
    Arc: Black Mage Lv. 21

What level should I be on for Kraken at the least?

I beat Kraken with a level 20 knight, monk, white mage, black mage.
    I really don't like your party... no offense. Class levels make a difference though too

My knight is level 19, monk level 42, white mage level 33, black mage level 33. Knight obviously lower cause he's newer. My monk hits 12 times an attack, that's massive damage. Have black mage use thundara every round. White mage used Cura on party, restored around 300hp each cure(gets better as class levels). Knight would attack with a blood sword and shield. Why a shield? Well knight's cover physical attacks for those low in health. When my white mage got below 100 my knight guarded him, taking less damage cause of the shield, and everytime he attacks he restores health with the blood sword. It's a great party.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I plan on my party by the end of the game to consist of:

Ingus: Dragoon (spears are awesome)
    Luneth: Knight
    Refia: Devout
    Arc: Black Belt or Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Arc: Black Belt or Ninja
    I would use ninja
    [leeza]This is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

if only they changed nothing from the original... ninja ninja sage sage... ultimate party!

THE JACKEL

I'm at the temple of time right now and my party is as follows:

Ingus: Lv. 31, Dragoon
    Refia: Lv. 31, White Mage
    Luneth: Lv. 31, Warrior
    Arc: Lv. 31, Black Mage

Is this okay? Should I level up more?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Your levels are just fine, just beware that most of the monsters there can wipe you out regardless (Lightning spam...). I'd suggest a Thief, as well as being an offensive powerhouse at that point (have you come across a Behemoth Knife yet?), they can unlock the doors in the Temple of Time without using Magic Keys (though, Magic Keys aren't terribly expensive anyway).

Hambone... no offense dude, but you have the guide, and you always ask if your levels are ok. My advice to you is to not always ask that. Play the game, if you die, level up more then try again. My other suggestion, use whatever party you want at any point. If you want to use 4 white mages, use 4 white mages. You can beat the game with 4 white mages. Some parties may be more useful at certain times, but doesn't mean you have to use it. I didn't have a scholar for Hein. I didn't make my fighting class characters mages when I was tiny. All things you prolly should do, but I didn't. Do what you want. Just play the game and have fun, and if it's hard, level up! If that doesn't work and your strategy is just the suck, then feel free to ask for help! You have my friend code, just send me a letter or something!

THE JACKEL

Only 72 pages of the guide is the walthrough out of 174. The guide doesn't tell you what level you're to be on and was poorly written. I have one last question: Where is a good place for me to level up now? I'm at Lv. 34 and fixing to enter the cave of shadows. I need to be at level 43.

Hambone, I would have to agree with jackal, you really dont need our advice to level up. go to the most difficult place with the most difficult monsters, and level up, it will take time, but it will be worth it.

Now that i think of it, it is plausible (highly unlikely) that you can get lvl 99 in every class, due to no class requirements unlike in the tatics series. (whoever has that patience, hats off to you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

It's not hard to do that. Just go to Altar Cave, get in a fight, guard with everyone for about 20 turns, and then you'll have gained 3 job levels, so it says in the guide.

you can only gain 1 job level a battle, at least that's what I've gathered. And it also depends on the class.

Hambone, you don't have to be level 43. You may have a hard time below 43, but you don't have to be that level. Some people may prefer being 53 at that point, some can do it at 33, but it doesn't matter.

BTW, that's the type of guide that I like. One that doesn't tell you how to play the game just gives you all the information so you can make the decisions yourself. Goes into detail about each class and their attributes and abilities. Lists items, has maps. But it doesn't say levels you should be at. I hate when guides do that. It's quite obvious what level to be... if it's easy, you're prolly overleveled, if it's mediocre you're good, if it's hard, level up some. That's how you play an RPG(at least the first time... then you have challenge play throughs and such).

THE JACKEL

Oh yeah, you're right. It was a theory. So, if I'm at lv. 36 right now, would I have a really hard time with this area right now?

prolly, I believe that's the cave where enemies split when you attack them, making dark knight very significant

THE JACKEL