Rinoa
    Quistis
    Quina
    Zidane
    Tidus
    Rikku
    Vaan

....and much much more!

Anyone else shocked at how people waste energy hating these characters so much?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cait Sith
    !

And yes, it's pretty annoying. But, if they really are aggravated that much, it's their right. Also keep in mind that for every character that has people that despise them, there are also people that like them as well.

Rikku and Vaan are teh sexxorz!<333

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If hating those characters makes them happy, then I'm not going to judge. I don't like quite a few of those characters, but I don't actively hate them. They're not really worth it.

I like all those characters as well .

But Tidus gets more than like. He gets love. Everybody on this forum loves Tidus. Anybody who hates him is actually only uncomfortable with the sexual fantasies they can't help but think about. You know, like corncracker. Or I'm in denial, just pick one it's fine.

I also don't remember so many people hating Aerith until like a few years ago, and then it was like "Aerith is a slut bandwagon time". When FFVII became the cool one to hate she really seemed to get a lot of heat zoned in on her specifically.

Then again, a person usually isn't gonna like everybody, and since casts are usually diverse there's bound to be characters people do not like, and as long as they aren't obsessive with it, eh iz no biggie. I suppose it says something in and of itself that they inspire hate, as they must seem real enough that somebody thinks of them as an actual being rather they like or dislike them. Unless you hate them because they lack development, then I got nothing.

I didn't like Yuffie in VII, but she's improved since then. I hope Tidus and Vaan die in the same accident.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post

Then again, a person usually isn't gonna like everybody, and since casts are usually diverse there's bound to be characters people do not like, and as long as they aren't obsessive with it, eh iz no biggie.
    Agree with that statement.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Large fonts annoy me more
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToFall View Post

Then again, a person usually isn't gonna like everybody, and since casts are usually diverse there's bound to be characters people do not like, and as long as they aren't obsessive with it, eh iz no biggie.
    Agree with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I hope Tidus and Cait Sith die in the same horribly bloody and fiery accident.
    I don't really know Vaan well enough to hate him yet, but Tidus and Cait Sith annoy me. Despite the hate I feel, I still value their place in the story so I wouldn't change them. I have nothing against the other characters.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

All of those 'annoying' characters (Yufie, Selphie, Eiko, ...) like people call them, I never came to understand as to why they are so hated. What's so horrible about them? I wondered. *Sigh* The human mind is just something very difficult to understand, you know. That, and people seem to have different tastes.

Out of those, I like:

Cait Sith
    Zell
    Quina
    Zidane
    Tidus
    Rikku

The others I quite like, although I hate Rinoa. I have yet to play as Vaan though.

I like all those characters as well .

But Tidus gets more than like. He gets love. Everybody on this forum loves Tidus. Anybody who hates him is actually only uncomfortable with the sexual fantasies they can't help but think about. You know, like corncracker. Or I'm in denial, just pick one it's fine.

I also don't remember so many people hating Aerith until like a few years ago, and then it was like "Aerith is a slut bandwagon time". When FFVII became the cool one to hate she really seemed to get a lot of heat zoned in on her specifically.

Then again, a person usually isn't gonna like everybody, and since casts are usually diverse there's bound to be characters people do not like, and as long as they aren't obsessive with it, eh iz no biggie. I suppose it says something in and of itself that they inspire hate, as they must seem real enough that somebody thinks of them as an actual being rather they like or dislike them. Unless you hate them because they lack development, then I got nothing.
    I feel honored to be mentioned.

And I do not have Tidus Fantasies, I have Rydia, Yuffie, Kos-mos, Shion, Tifa, Rinoa, Beatrix and Lunarweaver Fantasies.

And of that list, the only one I really hate is Tidus. Most of them just kind of suck.

Except for Cait sith and Quina.

My problem with the majority of those characters is that they are pretty one dimensional and leave a lot to be desired.

Except Tidus.

I really just can't stand Tidus. He irks me.

I don't hate them, mind you. Hate is far too strong a word for me to use to describe my feelings towards something that isn't a real person. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

It's rare for me to dislike a character from anything, be it a movie or book or video game. Oh I'm sure there are some that I do dislike, but not very many.

I really can't think of any Final Fantasy characters that I truly dislike.