Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Final Fantasy VERSUS xiii?

Default What is Final Fantasy VERSUS xiii?

I was browsing the internet when I stumbled across the FF VS xiii trailer. Now, don't get me wrong, I had heard of such a game, however I was very confused as to what it is. It it all the FF characters coming together and teaming up on characters form xiii? (hence the name VERSUS) What is so different about it then FF xiii? Is it just another spin off like x-2 (but from the trailer it look really good, so it can't be like x-2)

I just want answers, and someone to explain to me what it is.

Thanks,

Cody

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Square Enix is releasing three Final Fantasy XIII games under the name "Fabula Nova Crystalis." One is simply XIII, the other is Versus XIII, and the third is a mobile phone game named Agito XIII. We don't really know much about how they're all connected--obviously, Versus XIII is not a direct sequel to XIII, or we'd have seen familiar characters in each by now. But they're all going to be related in one way or another.

The word "versus" is not being used in the sense you're probably most familiar with, but rather more along the lines of its original Latin meaning. The game is an action/RPG spinoff game, much like Dirge of Cerberus is to Final Fantasy VII. Whether it will be good or not, we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    The word "versus" is not being used in the sense you're probably most familiar with, but rather more along the lines of its original Latin meaning. The game is an action/RPG spinoff game, much like Dirge of Cerberus is to Final Fantasy VII. Whether it will be good or not, we'll just have to wait and see.
    well what does it mean in latin??

Tetsuya Nomura said in an interview that the meaning he intends in versus in this context is "change in direction."

Versus will have a dark atmosphere and means as Necronopticus said 'the opposite direction.' I hear that it will be released in a black box.

It will have its own story and characters. Im pretty sure it is not a Spin-off, and it will be more action orientated (KH style).

As Azar said, its part of the 'Fabula Nova Crystalis' - Story of the new crystal. The games share the same 'mythos' or common idea/theme.

So FFvXIII might as well be FFXIV, except for it shares a common mythos.

So its a completly different game, just kinda the same story, got it! :D Thanks, I want this one more than FF XIII... for some reason I like darker games more than "light" ones (lol I am not emo, i just like the look better)

Aww man. I thought it was going to be something like Street Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by robfinalfantasy View Post
    Aww man. I thought it was going to be something like Street Fighter.
    That would be so sweet.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

...Street Fighter...

....Final Fantasy!?

Stree Fighter... Final Fantasy...

WHAT!?

Best+Worst= NEUTRAL

Neutral is bad
    Last edited by No.78; 01-06-2007 at 05:15 PM.
    jkhkjg

It looks like a mix of Kingdom Hearts and Chaos Legion
    Mods hate me because they know they'll never be as cooll as me!

i want versus xiii but i probaly wont get a ps3 till like a year after it's come out but i'll just w8 and hope that they'll bring 1 out for the wii
    We're Never Gonna Survive Unless We Get A Little Crazy!!

This game probably won't be out until late 2008, so it's definitely a long wait for anybody who's highly anticipating this title.

Don't know if it's been posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY7jEVsJ0mY

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    Versus will have a dark atmosphere and means as Necronopticus said 'the opposite direction.' I hear that it will be released in a black box.

It will have its own story and characters. Im pretty sure it is not a Spin-off, and it will be more action orientated (KH style).

As Azar said, its part of the 'Fabula Nova Crystalis' - Story of the new crystal. The games share the same 'mythos' or common idea/theme.

So FFvXIII might as well be FFXIV, except for it shares a common mythos.
    *New Story of the Crystal