Thread: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Default Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Is anyone here enlightened enough to have read this book? What are your thoughts about it? Discuss stuff in the book.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

I read it for English 101. It was a pretty good book, and the ending was something of a head-trip.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

WIll and grace fanatic much? Its okay but boo to most of it

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

I read Zen and the Martial Arts by Joe Hymns but not this one.

I've read it fairly recently and found it a very interesting book, although i'll admit a fair bit went over my head

I have it (father's legacy yay) but I haven't read it yet. Is it worth it, then?
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

I'd say its worth it, seeing as how its my favorite book. I'm currently reading it for the third time. The metaphysical concepts presented in it are a bit high-level, but the author (Robert Pirsig) does a great job of tying all these abstract ideas back down to simple, everyday life, so it actually makes a difference.

I'm currently on my favorite part right now, Phaedrus's first exploration into the nature of Quality during his English teaching at the Uni- excuse me, the Church of Reason.

Since its the book that's shaped my thinking the most, my thoughts about the book are redundant and stale if you have the book in front of you, so I'll leave it at that.

bear in mind when you read it that it is presenting a set of ideas that are disagreed with by some. Look further into the subjects discussed if you enjoy the book